Your viewing journal

Orange-Episode 1

Although it wasn't really present here, I can already tell this is going to be an emotional rollercoaster of a show. The characters seem likable so far, although I'm a little worried that Naho will just be a bland character because she's meant to be a self insert because nothing about her is really standing out at the minute. Obviously, it's only episode 1, I'm probably being a little too expectant. I don't think I've actually seen a Shoujo show before (I think it's right to put Orange under that label) so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. It was enjoyable enough though, and I do like the premise.

First Love Monster ep1: I hated this. I think all fans of creepy series about underaged girls blushing and touching one another should watch it purely to see how it looks when the genders are reversed. If you can get over the premise I think it's probably hilarious as a self-aware parody of everything wrong about the industry but it just made me too depressed to be able to enjoy it.

ReLIFE ep1: Started watching this intending to marathon it but I'm taking a break because I find the lead so pathetic and lame. The positive comments from others have encouraged me to give it a few more episodes before giving up; it's currently queued up behind a bunch of other stuff though.

Rewrite ep1: I somehow sat through 48 minutes of this and came out feeling nothing. Not even 100% sure what it's about. Yeah, not watching any more.

Shokugeki No Soma s2ep1: Woohoo, finally something good! One of my favourite shounen titles is back. Not even a huge fan of Alice yet it was a breath of fresh air after the crummier titles I watched immediately before it.

Love Live! Sunshine!! ep1: Not sure whether I'm going to keep watching this because it's Love Live! or drop it because it's too similar and my favourite girls aren't in it (I never bothered with Cinderella Girls despite enjoying THE IDOLM@STER, after all). It feels very, very similar indeed so far even though they've shifted the setting. It deserves a few more episodes, at least.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Orange-Episode 1

I'm a little worried that Naho will just be a bland character because she's meant to be a self insert because nothing about her is really standing out at the minute.

I haven't started on the anime yet but she's absolutely adorable in the manga!

R

She is pretty adorable, to be fair, but when you compare her to Azu, for example, she can't help but come across as more bland. As I say, I'm sure she'll end up developing more as the episodes go on, no Anime has wonderfully developed characters after 1 episode :p

IncendiaryLemon said:
Orange-Episode 1

Although it wasn't really present here, I can already tell this is going to be an emotional rollercoaster of a show. The characters seem likable so far, although I'm a little worried that Naho will just be a bland character because she's meant to be a self insert because nothing about her is really standing out at the minute. Obviously, it's only episode 1, I'm probably being a little too expectant. I don't think I've actually seen a Shoujo show before (I think it's right to put Orange under that label) so I'm not entirely sure what to expect. It was enjoyable enough though, and I do like the premise.

As Rui was saying, she's adorable in the manga! I think Naho took a few chapters to come into her own and that'll probably translate across to another episode or two of the anime (I've not seen it yet, so not sure how far in they got). That series has an absolutely brilliant cast though so don't worry, everyone is great sooner or later. :D

Can confirm she's adorable and grows on you.

Azu x megane was the cutest thing though

Last edited by a moderator:
The Garden of Sinners Chapter 6: Fairy Tale

Easily the weakest entry just because I found it to be a confusing mess that I could barely even follow. When it ended, I was genuinely surprised because I felt so little had actually been explained that there surely must be more to it than that. The only thing I got from this was that some girl saw a teacher doing drugs or something, then he made her do drugs, then they the teacher died because of the drugs, then the girl killed herself for reason's I can't quite fathom. The whole memory erasing thing and what the other teacher guy who looks like Mikya had to do with anything is what confused me. Oh, and that class full of kids that I think killed themselves offscreen or something like that.

The whole thing just left me scratching my head. It might be better on second viewing but watching it the first time, it's easily the weakest film out the lot of them.

Tokyo Ghoul-Episodes 1 and 2

Really enjoying this so far. I think the almost split personality that Kaneki has makes for an interesting character and the bloody action scene at the end of Episode 2 was exactly what I wanted out the series.

Re:Zero-Episode 14

I don't care where the checkpoint is, Subaru needs to go back to it ASAP.

Hidamari Sketch x 365-Episodes 5 and 6

IncendiaryLemon said:
The Garden of Sinners Chapter 6: Fairy Tale

Easily the weakest entry just because I found it to be a confusing mess that I could barely even follow.
I agree, it's easily the weakest entry and even on subsequent rewatches I didn't find it to be any better. In all honesty, despite having watched the entire film series through at least three times I couldn't actually tell you what happens in Fairy Tale. Paradox Paradigm (5th) is the best entry with Murder Speculation Part 2 (7th) following.

Still trucking along with Kimagure Orange Road. Should be finished soon. I have to say that the second opening and the second ending are both amazing, maybe even too good for this show :p The music for this show is on point. No idea what I'll watch next, but I have a few ideas.

Relife ep 10 - 13 really enjoyed this series . If you're fan of slice of life I would recommend watching it
D Gray Man ep 29 - 34
Aldnoah Zero ep 10 - 12
Cerberus ep 13
My First Love Monster ep 1
Days ep 1
Tales Of Zestiria The X ep 1
Orange ep 1

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress - Episode 12 - Well, okay then lol I don't even know what to say about this nonsense tbh, the train part made me throw my hands up and say "the %$£&...?" out loud like one of those react youtubers people watch for reasons beyond my understanding. I guess it wasn't awful awful, but it definitely wasn't good either. I liked some of the music, so that's a wee plus in it's favor...

Re:Zero - Episode 14 - Don't you do this to me, don't you god damn dare ;-; This better get reset! Rem must not be harmed!

Orange episode 1 - Very satisfying, I look forward to seeing how the animation holds up.

The Morose Mononokean episode 1 - This season's Flying Witch? (I read the manga and can vouch that it's adorable as heck throughout).

Re:Zero episode 14

Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor (English dub) - Episodes 9-12 (Complete)
Darker Than Black: Gaiden OVAs (English dub) - Episodes 1-4 (Complete)
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- (Japanese audio) - Episode 14

Anne-Happy (Unhappy Go Lucky) Episodes 1-12.

Quite an enjoyable show that had a bit more to it than I had expected and ended up being quite a pleasant surprise.

I've gone into a bit more detail in the rating thread.

I'd quite like to see a second season of this. I'm particularly curious to find out if Hibari's parents are actually dead and there are a few other characters who could have something of a story to offer.

ReLife Episodes 1-6.

I wasn't sure how best to go about watching this one, since it's all available to premium members on Crunchyroll but is still also being added weekly for others. I decided not to wait and watch it weekly, though having gotten this far into the show I do think that might have been an interesting option. It's not exactly the most mystery heavy show but it could still be fun to speculate as to exactly what will happen.

The premise of the show seems to be a slightly bigger factor than I had expected. Admittedly, it seems to mostly be used as a way to focus on different character issues but it's also having some effect on the story and is likely to be a big factor in the final outcome of events. I'm not sure how I feel about it really, a simple "magical" option that doesn't really need explanation would have offered more freedom but by establishing a set of rules for itself the show will have to deal with certain realities of the situation. This could make it more difficult to give a fully satisfying ending but it also has the potential for a much stronger ending that feels well earned.

Anyway, I've quite enjoyed the show so far. It has some fairly interesting characters and it feels like it's taking quite an honest and straightforward look at life and relationships rather than being heavily dark or overly positive. I do wonder how having the whole show available (to some) this early could affect it being remembered by the end of the season, though the show seems to have the potential to be quite memorable itself.

Tokyo Ghoul-Episodes 3-6

Episode 4: I was kind of hoping for some more power based fights in this series. Considering all the Ghouls have special powers (I think), they really like good old fashioned fistfights...

Episode 5: This episode had some great character development for Nishiki. I thought he was going to be a one off, asshole type but his backstory gives him quite a bit of depth . It also gave some pretty good development to the relationship between Kaneki and Touka too. Probably the strongest episode so far! Very much looking forward to the ensuing fight in episode 6.

Episode 6: Seeing Hinami cry kind of broke my heart a little :cry:

Bananya-Episode 1

This is simultaneously the dumbest and best thing I've ever seen.

Hidamari Sketch x 365-Episode 7

Nisekoi 1-3 Kana Hana and SHAFT and the MC are making this anime WAYYY more enjoyable than I thought.

Banana Ep 1- Me and IL agree you should all watch it as its so bad its good.

Back