Your viewing journal

Bleach-Episodes 221 and 222

Episode 222: That Arrancar highlighting the fact that if Soi Fong just used her bankai instead of frivolously talking about how it works would have ended the battle then and there was surprisingly self aware. This happens all the time, people explaining every fine detail of their most powerful attacks that lets their opponent come up with a counter strategy instead of just using it...

Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 (Dubbed) (Rewatch)-Episodes 5 and 6

Episode 5: This episode is definitely one of my favourites out of both seasons and really made me grow to love Rin, a character I wasn't overly fond of after Season 1.

Episode 6: The Halloween outfits may be some of my favourite of the franchise. Neko Nico can't be beat!

The Pet Girl of Sakurasou-Episode 8

I'm still in awe of this wonderful series. I am finding it a little hard to put into words exactly why but just the feel of it is wonderful. Even in episodes like this where there are moments of sadness, it always ends up leaving me feeling happy by the end. Like I'm just watching this whole show with a big dumb grin on my face. I'll likely write about it in some fashion (I know I said the same about Hidamari Sketch, that's still coming at some point!) but seriously, if you like Slice of Life or Romance shows, even a little, you owe it to yourself to check this show out.

I really wish Smeelia was here, I get the feeling this is exactly the kind of show he'd go for!

Re:Zero - Episodes 10 & 11 - Good stuff yet again, Rem and Ram stealing the show yet again. Welp, that's me caught up now which means I now need to wait a week at a time for a new episode.....I hate this about simulcast lol I guess I could fill the gap each night by watching one of the BDs I've bought and never bothered watching.

I watched When Marnie Was There yesterday at the cinema. I'm working on a review but I thought that I'd at least let you all know how much I loved it in the meantime. There wasn't many people at the cinema but I was surprised by the fact that everyone other than myself and my brother who I went with was a lot older and it actually made me really happy to see the reach of Ghibli films first hand and how they resonate with everybody, and as always it's obviously always nice to see older people there to dispel the notion that they don't appreciate animated films. It was very easy to see that everybody there was touched by the film, with everyone wiping away tears by the end.

From the first scene I had tears running down my cheeks, the opening was a real punch to the gut and by the end I was a huge mess, absolutely bawling my eyes out. The film and its topic really hit really close to home. Marnie really is a beautiful film inside and out and I'm really glad that I got to see Ghibli's last on the big screen. Visually stunning with fantastic animation, a hauntingly beautiful score and a story that everyone can relate to it no matter the age or gender, Marnie easily stands with Ghibli's greats as a shining example of the studio and the industry at its best. Easily recommend it to everyone and I can't wait to pick up the Blu-ray.

Tokyo Ghoul root ep 7 - 9 ( rewatch )
Black Bullet ep 1 - 3
And You Thought There Is Never A Girl Online ep 11
Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress ep 9 - 10

Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress episode 10
And You Thought There Is Never A Girl Online episode 11
Joker Game episode 11
Yowamushi Pedal episodes 21 through 38 (Completed)
Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road episodes 1 through 13

Just about to take a break from Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road to watch Yowamushi Pedal Special Ride; should be able to get Re:RIDE, Re:ROAD, and The Movie watched tomorrow. Damn, this series is addictive.

Jaysgba said:
Just about to take a break from Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road to watch Yowamushi Pedal Special Ride; should be able to get Re:RIDE, Re:ROAD, and The Movie watched tomorrow. Damn, this series is addictive.
Aye i love it and can't wait for the 3rd season.

Joker Game ep11: Well, that was depressing. Love the series though. So much class.
Bungou Stray Dogs ep11: Kenji is so much like Finny from Black Butler/Kuroshitsuji that it's actively unsettling. This show is great; it's never going to be top ten material for me but I enjoy it each week.
FFXV Brotherhood ep2: Zzz. I'm seriously struggling to care about the characters in this series. Perhaps I should skip the game.

R

Last edited by a moderator:
And you thought there is never a girl online? Episode 11
My Hero Academia Episode episode 11

I went to watch Space Patrol Luluco last night and completely forgot it's a Friday show and not Thursday. Was very disappointed :(

I finished Yowamushi Pedal Grande Road in the early hours of the morning and moved straight on to Yowamushi Pedal Re:RIDE. Watched Yowamushi Pedal Re:ROAD after a break from reading subtitles, and followed that up with Yowamushi Pedal The Movie, which I literally just finished watching. I cannot believe how hooked I've been on this anime the past couple days.

Now, I have to endure the torture that is waiting for the next instalments; Yowamushi Pedal Spare Bike is out in September, but I assume an English release won't happen until after the third season next year. In hindsight, perhaps I shouldn't have watched it all within the space of a couple of days.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Diamond is Unbreakable-Episode 12

I think the thing I'm disliking about Part 4 so far is that some villains feel really lacking in motivation. I had this issue a couple of weeks back with Hazamada and the same thing happened here too. Sure, Otoishi has the bow and arrow, but he never says what he plans on doing with it. I'd take at least a cliche "Take over the world" over nothing. Don't get me wrong, I'm still really enjoying the show, it's JoJo after all, but that's just a minor nitpick I have. Also, no matter how old he is, Joseph always manages to be best JoJo.

Love Live! School Idol Project Season 2 (Rewatch) (Dubbed)-Episodes 7-9

Episode 7: I'd feel like the Honoka/Hanayo being overweight thing would be far more believable if they actually looked any larger than any other girl.

Episode 9: Snow Halation is the best µ's song and I won't hear otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
Big Order - Complete - should be called big mess. Never have I seen such an incomprehensible show. I fear for the future of Asread after this mess. Still it had its moments and some nice art 5/10

Back