Your viewing journal

IncendiaryLemon said:
Fate/Zero (Dub)-Episode 8

I really love the amount of action they're packing into each episode now. The action is the highlight of the show and they deliver it in buckets. I'm interested to see if they expand on that scene showing (what I assumer to be)Kiritsugu's back story. Not exactly sure what makes Origin bullets so powerful. I think the woman in the flashback mentioned something about his ribs or something. Also they seem to be a bit overpowered. I mean fair enough if he only had a couple but he has 66? He brought Archibald, an extremely powerful Mage, to his knees with 2. Really loving the series so far. Definitely worth the hype.
Everything makes much more sense in zero if you have read the fate VN first. In fact, knowledge of kara no kyoukai and even tuskihime comes in very handy. Starting with zero is probably fine anime only but it still destroys most of the mystery that are stated in the last route of the VN (which is going to be made into movie(s). I really would recommend reading the VN on youtube or something because it is a satisfying sequel to zero even if some things aren't as mysterious as if you had started from stay night fresh (I read the VN after zero and I just tried to blank a lot of it from my mind). Anyway have fun with the rest of zero just know that it assumes you know everything from stay night before hand XD

Last edited by a moderator:
Buzzkillington said:
Pretty jealous you're getting to experience Fate/Zero fresh, definitely high up on the list of anime I wish I could delete from my mind so I could watch again....
I wonder if that would work, I'm very fond of Azumanga Daioh but I wonder if I'd like it as much if I watched it for the first time after having seen Hidamari Sketch, Non Non Biyori and so on (shows I might not have watched if it hadn't been for Azumanga Daioh).

black1blade said:
IncendiaryLemon said:
Fate/Zero (Dub)-Episode 8

I really love the amount of action they're packing into each episode now. The action is the highlight of the show and they deliver it in buckets. I'm interested to see if they expand on that scene showing (what I assumer to be)Kiritsugu's back story. Not exactly sure what makes Origin bullets so powerful. I think the woman in the flashback mentioned something about his ribs or something. Also they seem to be a bit overpowered. I mean fair enough if he only had a couple but he has 66? He brought Archibald, an extremely powerful Mage, to his knees with 2. Really loving the series so far. Definitely worth the hype.
Everything makes much more sense in zero if you have read the fate VN first. In fact, knowledge of kara no kyoukai and even tuskihime comes in very handy. Starting with zero is probably fine anime only but it still destroys most of the mystery that are stated in the last route of the VN (which is going to be made into movie(s). I really would recommend reading the VN on youtube or something because it is a satisfying sequel to zero even if some things aren't as mysterious as if you had started from stay night fresh (I read the VN after zero and I just tried to blank a lot of it from my mind). Anyway have fun with the rest of zero just know that it assumes you know everything from stay night before hand XD

I honestly would if it were fully voice acted in English. I don't really get along with reading a lot (Yes, I'm aware this makes me sound like a dumbass with the attention span of a goldfish) and I often find myself bored after a few chapters. I've tried reading Game of Thrones, for example, about 3 times but each time I just get bored despite my love for the TV show. The only real VNs I've been able to finish are the Danganronpa games, and that's only be cause they're fully voice acted and interspersed with the Phoenix Wright type elements. Same goes for Persona 4/Golden. If that game hadn't had full voice acting, I'm not sure I would have kept going with it because of the long stretches of dialogue. So, as much as I'd like to, I just don't think I'd be able to get through it. I may consider watching the Studio Deen adaptation of the F/SN but I've heard it's not great.

Well the VN has Japanese voice acting but if you don't like reading don't bother. I would probably watch fate 2006 but don't watch the DEEN movie. Ufotable UBW will be dubbed soon hopefully. In regards to stay night, don't expect it to be like zero tho.

black1blade said:
Well the VN has Japanese voice acting but if you don't like reading don't bother. I would probably watch fate 2006 but don't watch the DEEN movie. Ufotable UBW will be dubbed soon hopefully. In regards to stay night, don't expect it to be like zero tho.

I wasn't going to watch the UBW movie with the series coming out here this yet, but I'll definitely try to check out the series.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the 2006 series, it just isn't as good as Ufotable's take. And it's miles better than the awful Tsukihime adaptation.

Just be prepared that stay night isn't zero 2. Lots of people are getting hung up that stay night is less mature than zero and that is partly due to adaptation.

I'd still stand by the view that if you're only interested in anime-only, then the 2006 series is the best entry point, simply because it *is* accessible and is basically a Shonen battle series. But yeah, it doesn't come anywhere near the depth on offer in Ufotable's various adaptations.

I really hope they bring back the original voice cast for the English dub of UBW.

Speaking of Tsukihime, I was reading the transcripts from the game on my Kindle while on the train the other day and unknowingly came to the 'eroge' part - that was kinda awkward...

Buzzkillington said:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica 6-10: Okay episode 10 was pretty fantastic, bumped this from what I would consider a average show to maybe a 7.5/10 for me, maybe even a 8. Glad I stuck with it, even though I don't think it's grabbed me quite like it grabbed others.
Excellent!

Gintama-Episode 76

Quite a funny episode. The idea of Kondou getting married to a Gorilla is funny enough, but making it a gorilla three times the size of a regular gorilla called Princess Bubbles, wearing a Kimono is just hilarious.

Fate/Zero (Dub)-Episodes 14-19

Episode 14: An excellent start to the second season. Getting straight into the action, which the last few episodes sorely lacked. Hyped to see the Karriya vs Tokiomi fight in the next episode.

Episode 15: Maybe I shouldn't have got hyped. Karriya got his **** kicked! Great episode none the less. Fantastic opener to the second season. Now that Caster and his master have been killed (The first real knock-out of the Grail War) it will be interesting to see where it will go. Kirei continues to confuse me. Why did he let Karriya live? It flashedback to when Kirei and Archer were talking about how he unconsciously found him interesting, but I still don't know why. I'm also still waiting on answers to why he got his seals back. I really hope it's explained and not something the VN specifies but the show doesn't.

Episode 16: HOLY. ****. I thought for a show written by the Urobutcher, Season 1 was a bit tame but Jesus, he is sure making up for lost time. That was brutal.

Episode 17: Damn, another bites the dust. Stabbed in the back too. It does make me wonder, what was the point of the Grail giving Kirei extra seals if his Dad was going to die and give him seals anyway. Kirei getting seals back didn't make much sense to me anyway, so this just kind of makes it even more nonsensical seeing as they give him more seals in way that makes sense just a few episodes later. I hope the show explains it or at the very least someone here does...

Episode 18: A Kiritsugu origin episode. Nice to get some backstory on him seeing as he's had pretty much none so far. Looks like the next episode continues it too. Hope it doesn't spend TOO much time on it. Episode 17 was quite a cliffhanger and the story was really ramping up.

Episode 19: A good continuation of Kiritisugu's origin but I'm glad it's back to the actual story for the next episode. I really do like this show, but it has some really big pacing issues IMO. In season 1, the last 3 episodes were almost glacial in pace and here the story takes a 2 episode break to fill in some backstory, again just halting the pace. These aren't bad episodes, in fact I thought 18 and 19 were pretty fantastic episodes, but they would have been better off as an OVA series so that they didn't break the flow of the show.

Gonna marathon Aldnoah.Zero.Despite it's flaws(it's essentially this years Guilty crown )I really enjoy this show.the animations great,the music is fantastic and I really like the mecha designs.

Back