Your Top 5 Most Wanted Anime Title to be Licensed in the UK?

FMP Second Raid
Genshiken
Haruhi-chan Suzumiya
Hetalia Axis Powers
um...I haven't watched much unlicenced anime really, simply because if I can't get it over here I will be crippled with depression if I really like it =P

Rurouni Kenshin
Seto no Hanayome
Higurashi
Tales of the Abyss
K-ON!

well Rurouni Kenshin coming out here is nothing more than a fantasy, it;s not going to happen tbh

A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun
Eden Of The East
Kara no Kyoukai Films
Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works Film
Bakemonogatari

Kara No Kyoukai
Bakemonogatari
Monster
Galaxy Express 999 movies
Lupin III (newer OVA's & TV Specials)
The rest of Hellsing Ultimate
xxxHolic Kei, Shunmuki & Movie
an end to the Macross nightmare!!

The currently most wanted titles from votes so far:

1st: Higashi No Eden (6 votes)

2nd: Spice & Wolf (5 votes)

Joint 3rd: Clannad, Higurashi, Monster, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (4 votes each)

Joint 4th: Xam'd, K-on!, One Piece, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Macross Frontier. (3 votes each)

Joint 5th: Turn A Gundam, kanon, Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Genshiken, Seto no Hanayome, Tales of the Abyss, Bakemonogatari, Kara No Kyoukai (2 votes each)

Re: Your Top 5 Most Wanted Anime Title to be Licensed in the

Mutsumi said:
Dave said:
What are the 5 Anime Titles you most want to be licensed for UK release?

Guyver (12 part OVA)

Is that the old series, from either late 80s or early 90s? If so, then it has been released here, and I have one volume of it, BBFC tag and all.

Indeed it was released on VHS a long time ago in dub only format and not in DVD video quality that you would get today.

ayase said:
My list of franchises I would like released in their entirety:

Dirty Pair
Patlabor
Urusei Yatsura
UC Gundam
Macross

Oh, and all remastered on Blu-ray. Cheers.

Narrow it done a bit, as UC gundam is 10+ different Anime productions.

Bitches don't know 'bout my Queen's Blade. Also Kannagi, Bakemonogatari, Eden of the East. Also GunBuster needs a real release, Beez just trolled me with that release of DieBuster vs GunBuster Blu-ray DVD.

CloudedMinds said:
Whats the licensing problem with Macross about btw?

You know not what you ask!

Basically, distribution rights are held by different people in different regions, and it doesn't help that Macross has previously been hacked and butchered into the form of Robotech.

It's all pretty damned complicated.

Re: Your Top 5 Most Wanted Anime Title to be Licensed in the

Dave said:
Mutsumi said:
Dave said:
What are the 5 Anime Titles you most want to be licensed for UK release?

Guyver (12 part OVA)

Is that the old series, from either late 80s or early 90s? If so, then it has been released here, and I have one volume of it, BBFC tag and all.

Indeed it was released on VHS a long time ago in dub only format and not in DVD video quality that you would get today.

I would of liked to see a re-release of that as well, including if possible, the even earlier Guyver: Out of Control OVA, which considering the introduction of the female Guvyer into the main storyline would be a nice watch.

ayase said:
Dave said:
Narrow it [down] a bit
No. It's not like my entries will ever end up on your tally anyway*. Don't mind me, I'm just livin' in the 80s (and early 90s).

*Except for Patlabor actually, which does have two votes (me and HdE). ::ahem::

Can't add any of your choices until to your the list has been narrow down. So no patlabor counted as yet.

Hmmm... A hard question this one, as for the most part I would just import anyways... Top 5 that I want licensed for english release and top 5 that I want to see a dub for would be more viable. Or maybe even top 5 for UK Blu-ray release...

The only things I can really think for UK licensing would be for shows that have not been fully released or prequel/sequel-wise. So, I guess...

Saiyuki.
Saiyuki Reload Gunlock.
Dragonball Z.
Full Metal Panic TSR.
You're Under Arrest S1>

ayase said:
*Except for Patlabor actually, which does have two votes (me and HdE). ::ahem::

We are an army of two - and that makes us mighty.

(Thanks for spelling my name right, by the way - this week I've been Hde, HDE, hDe... urrgghh...)

megagold5 said:
Hmmm... A hard question this one, as for the most part I would just import anyways... Top 5 that I want licensed for english release and top 5 that I want to see a dub for would be more viable. Or maybe even top 5 for UK Blu-ray release...

The only things I can really think for UK licensing would be for shows that have not been fully released or prequel/sequel-wise. So, I guess...

Saiyuki.
Saiyuki Reload Gunlock.
Dragonball Z.
Full Metal Panic TSR.
You're Under Arrest S1>

Dragonball Z is available in its entirety on region 2. :)

Mutsumi said:
megagold5 said:

Saiyuki.
Saiyuki Reload Gunlock.
Dragonball Z.
Full Metal Panic TSR.
You're Under Arrest S1>

Dragonball Z is available in its entirety on region 2. :)

Eurrrgh... >.>

In English/In print!

/clarification.

Hang about...I see where you are comming from... It's not a UK license though, is it...ey? EY???!?!?!

Back