Your Top 5 Most Wanted Anime Title to be Licensed in the UK?

Neferpitou

Stand User
What are the 5 Anime Titles you most want to be licensed for UK release?

The currently most wanted titles from votes so far:

1st: Higashi No Eden (8 votes)

2nd: Spice & Wolf, Higurashi, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Monster, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (5 votes each)

Joint 3rd: Clannad, Turn A Gundam, Xam'd, Bakemonogatari (4 votes each)

Joint 4th: K-on!, One Piece, Macross Frontier, kanon, Time of Eve(3 votes each)

Joint 5th: Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Genshiken, Seto no Hanayome, Tales of the Abyss, Kara No Kyoukai, Urusei Yatsura, Hellsing Ultimate, Hetalia Axis Powers, SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?,
Michiko to Hatchin, Baccano, Dennou Coil (2 votes each)

--------------------------

Mine:
ONE PIECE
HUNTER X HUNTER
Cyber City Odeo 808
Guyver (12 part OVA)
Monster

GaoGaiGar & GaoGaiGar FINAL
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni & 2nd Season
Umineko no Naku Koro ni
Turn A Gundam
Super Dimensional Fortress Macross: Do You Remember Love?

I'd go with;

Gundam X
Gundam The 08th Team (it's FANTASTIC!)
Turn A Gundam
Macross Frontier
Patlabor (TV series)

Bokurano - I'd love to read peoples' reactions. Plus, it has the best anime OP ever and is well worth owning.

Xam'd - I need to finish it. DVDs + bed would be ideal. Bones' titles are very rarely not worth watching.

Macross Frontier - Same as the above. It has little chance of getting released outside of Japan due to licensing ****.

Tales of the Abyss - I doubt I'll ever finish it outside of DVDs, and it's a JRPG adaptation. DO WANT! It'll probably never get released due to the game staying in the US, though...

Moribito - I think MVM have it? Well, whatever - they haven't released it yet. I want the box set; meaning I'll have to wait for four (or more?) singles to be released first.

I don't really want things easily obtainable in other countries already since I would already have bought them, though of course it's the most likely outcome.

Since this is fantasy:

Rose of Versailles
Moncolle Knight
Sailor Moon (all of it)
Gokinjo Monogatari
Guin Saga

Or the second parts of countless abandoned shows.

R

Re: Your Top 5 Most Wanted Anime Title to be Licensed in the

Dave said:
What are the 5 Anime Titles you most want to be licensed for UK release?

Guyver (12 part OVA)

Is that the old series, from either late 80s or early 90s? If so, then it has been released here, and I have one volume of it, BBFC tag and all.

1. Spice & Wolf (good shout Titan)
2. Genshiken 1&2
3. Eve no Jikan
4. Toradora!
5. Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou (+Quiet Country Cafe)

top 5 for here? well,

1.Xam'd Lost Memories - From what i've seen so far, i adore this series. To get a UK release in DVDs would be brilliant. I know it was restricted to PSN only in the US, with no DVD release in site, so chances are quite minimal at the moment, but if it does, i'll pick it up straight away.

2.Macross Frontier - Another top notch series, which, like Aion said, will probably not get a release here, but one to hope for at least.

3.Spice and Wolf - Ok this has a US release which i'm more than willing to purchase, but a UK release would be nice as well. Would go nicely with my first novel too.

4Hellsing Ultimate 5+ - I think i'm right in saying that we only have the rights to Hellsing Ultimate 1-4? If so, this can go here(If not, i'll change it later). In any case, volume 4 is where it all starts to get good, and to have no other release for 5 onwards is a bit disappointing. The sooner we can continue with it, the better.

5.Gintama - Very much wishful thinking on my part, but it would be quite nice to see a release of some kind for Gintama here. Great show/series which is great to put on when you want a good laugh.

was going to mention Darker Than Black: Gemini of the Meteor + Gaiden OVAs, but i know they are still just getting released in japan at the moment. Also, i wasn't sure if there was any license agreements with it anyway.

Higashi no Eden
Toradora
Clannad
Baccano
Full Metal Panic The Second Raid

I'll probably import these eventually, but I would still prefer a UK release

(Even more wishful thinking would include a dub for Toradora and Clannad)

1. Honey & Clover (I know it apparently is licensed, but that was years ago and there's been no word yet!)
2. Monster
3. Eden of the East
4. Nodame Cantabile - both the anime and the live-action series
5. Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei - Long shot for the UK, so I'll just have to do with the Region 1 release

1. Michiko to Hatchin. I like those Cowboy Bebop/Samurai Champloo type shows.
2. Eden of The East. Damn fine show
3. Time of Eve. Damn Damn Fine Show
4. Xam'd Seriously awesome in a way that not a lot of current anime is anymore.
5. Natsu no Arashi - Probably no chance of this, but I loved the zaniness of it, my favourite SHAFT show because they actually concentrated more on the characters than the gags.

Honourable old school mention. The Wings of Honneamise. What's taking them so long?

My list of franchises I would like released in their entirety:

Dirty Pair
Patlabor
Urusei Yatsura
UC Gundam
Macross

Oh, and all remastered on Blu-ray. Cheers.

Aironic said:
Macross Frontier - Same as the above. It has little chance of getting released outside of Japan due to licensing ****.

Yeah... 'tis a tragic state of affairs.

One Piece
Ive loved this for years. I would do ANYTHING for it to be released in the uk!

Inuyasha (the rest of it)
Ive been thinking about this anime for 3 years. 3 YEARS!!! I loved the first 12 episode but i want to see more!!!

Baki the Grappler
MANLY FIGHTING ANIME MUST BE RELEASED IN UK OR ME GET MAD!!!!!

Betterman
A really unnoticed anime. I think it was released in the uk but its really rare to find. Looks decent.

Yu yu Hakusho
Like betterman, its hard to find. I would love to see this anime again!

Back