Your Top 5 Most Wanted Anime Title to be Licensed in the UK?

memorium said:
wait, i thought Hellsing Ultimate is already out, or are we talking about the most recent volumes?

Hellsing Ultimate, from what i know, needs to get licensed for each individual volume as it is an OVA series, which is why i think both us in the UK and the US are yet to have any more released after volume 4. I would really like to see them with a release date at some point soon, but we'll have to wait and see. I hate having a collection only half finished =/

Arbalest said:
memorium said:
wait, i thought Hellsing Ultimate is already out, or are we talking about the most recent volumes?

Hellsing Ultimate, from what i know, needs to get licensed for each individual volume as it is an OVA series, which is why i think both us in the UK and the US are yet to have any more released after volume 4. I would really like to see them with a release date at some point soon, but we'll have to wait and see. I hate having a collection only half finished =/

Actually I believe it's cos after volume 4 the production switched to Madhouse. Which caused a cluster**** of copyright/ licensing issues (much like FMP TSR I think) so it's up in the air at the moment.

The rest of Tsubasa REservior asphalt lemon marang o lay pertang pertang biscuit barrel Chornicle.

can't think of anything else really.

Is the whole of FMA in a boxset yet.

Soubi-Hurt said:
Is the whole of FMA in a boxset yet.

Not gonna happen with Revelation and Funimation gone their separate ways.

Of course you could wait for Manga to release all of Brotherhood and wait for that to eventually boxsetualise... Give it till the end of 2012 at least for that.

Zin5ki said:
With one exception, I lust for no new titles for our fair isle. (Thus far I've found importation prices for Clannad to be quite reasonable, which is why I exclude it.)
I feel similarly for CLANNAD, also neo ADV not showing any signs of getting a UK distributor and it's lack of dub (which is never good for it's chances). They arrived a fortnight ago.

FMP:TSR (and possibly licence rescue of the other seasons, hopefully remaster the FUMOFFU DVDs)
AIR/ KANON: More Jun Maeda love, and dubbed which helps it's chances
Bokurano: points at manga Viz just put out. Sure to turn heads and one of the best OPs ever.
Tiers to Tiara: I don't give a crap about the content, I haven't seen it, but it contains GRATUETOUS WELSH.
Bakemonogatari: Puns, rhyming patterns, on screen walls of text (that you're actually suposed to read), large sections of slideshow. Wonderfuly stylistic, and totally amazing dialogue, with voice acting up to it.

Higurashi and Umineko no Naku koro ni, are both vastly inferior to the visual novels. Both of which are available in english either by DDL (Higurashi) or by authorized (you don't see that very often) fan translation patch. The anime has rather large amounts of "quality" animation.
EDIT: Clannad and Tiers to Tiara getting Dubbed, that helps chances a lot

Seems like these are the final totals unless no one else going to vote:

1st: Higashi No Eden (8 votes)

2nd: Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (7 votes)

3rd: Spice & Wolf, Higurashi, Monster, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Clannad (5 votes each)

Joint 4th: Turn A Gundam, Xam'd, Bakemonogatari, kanon, One Piece (4 votes each)

Joint 5th: K-on!, Macross Frontier, Time of Eve, Baccano, Dennou Coil (3 votes each)

Joint 6th: Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Genshiken, Seto no Hanayome, Tales of the Abyss, Kara No Kyoukai, Urusei Yatsura, Hellsing Ultimate, Hetalia Axis Powers, SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?,
Michiko to Hatchin, Gunbuster, Bokurano (2 votes each)

Er, hang on - I thought everybody wanted Patlabor as well? But I can't see it in the tallied votes.

I want these (which means that I would buy instead of just watching them streamed online).

Durarara - Best thing on Crunchyroll by some distance,
Oh! Edo Rocket - I love the character designs - printed them off a few years back
Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto - I almost imported this from Japan,
Armed Librarians - The Book of Bantorra,
Dennō Coil
- Started to import but decided that bankruptcy was bad.

Honourable mentions to Senko no Night Raid and Mardock Scramble.

HdE said:
Er, hang on - I thought everybody wanted Patlabor as well? But I can't see it in the tallied votes.

Quite simply which version of patlabor? as most just said Patlabor which could mean number of many productions. Is it 7 episodes OVA, TV series & Following OVA series, the 3rd Movie or Blu Ray releases of the first 2 movies.

Needs to be a more specific otherwise it just gets silly and one choice could meaning load of productions. As some idiot would just say all gundam or all shonen jump anime productions.

BWAHAHAA!

Does it say something about me that my response to that was going to be 'ALL OF IT!'

I'd like to have the full TV series and OVAs over here. That'd be a helluva thing to commit to, but I've got a feeling it would find a following.

Haven't checked exactly what's been licensed lately so some may have been picked up, but currently it’s:

1. Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid

2. Welcome to the NHK

3. Monster

4. Xam’d Lost Memories

5. Kara no Kyoukai

HdE said:
BWAHAHAA!

Does it say something about me that my response to that was going to be 'ALL OF IT!'

I'd like to have the full TV series and OVAs over here. That'd be a helluva thing to commit to, but I've got a feeling it would find a following.

Sadly I can't see Patlabor TV & OVA being successful in the UK with the mainstream lust for more sexual & violent shows. Its shame as it is a franchise that I would easily class the best of the mecha genre.

I share your pessimism.

Still, I'd like to think that, maybe as the show ages, and if enough folks ask for it, that could one day change.

Looking over the lists of others has highlighted my relative inexperience in anime and provided some excellent viewing suggestions. Still, here goes:

Gankutsuou: did I miss this being licenced in the UK or has everyone already imported it? Interesting use of textures, can't go too far wrong with the source it's broadly based on.

Xam's: Lost Memories: based off first episodes only, I suspect I'd enjoy this a lot. Same studio as Rahxephon and Eureka Seven, looking at the visual style.

Now and Then, Here and There: deals with some heavy themes for an anime, looks depressing... so right up my street then.

Mononoke: reminds me of Kemonozume and Mind Game, visually. Highly rated on ANN, so I'm curious.

Dennou Coil: this was going to be Baccano, but I'll take a leap and go with this.

Monster
Legend of the Galactic Heroes
Princess Tutu
Major
Hajime no Ippo

It'll never happen. Especially Major and LOGH, which will never even see a US release.

Again, the Monster anime is bumming me out. No chance of seeing a UK release and even in the US it doesn't seem to be going anywhere. How frustrating!!

Clannad (and the After Story)
Kigurashi No Naku Koro Ni (as well as Kai and Rei)
Kanon (2006)
Angel Beats! (when it finishes)
Fate/Stay Night - Unlimited Blade Works (film)

If all these came out over here I would be ecstatic. Especially Clannad though.
I was half tempted to buy a blu ray box set of it from Play Asia the other day for over £400, but realised I don't have anywhere near enough money spare and probably won't for quite a while. *sigh*
So if it came out over here it would probably be cheaper and easier to obtain which would make me very happy.

would be about £500 icl all the import fees (VAT and duty for something that big), also weirdly cheap on Amazon.jp, Kannon Bluray also has the eng subs.
UBW is indeed good watched it at Sci-fi London

Back