Your Top 5 Most Wanted Anime Title to be Licensed in the UK?

megagold5 said:
Mutsumi said:
megagold5 said:
Hmmm... A hard question this one, as for the most part I would just import anyways... Top 5 that I want licensed for english release and top 5 that I want to see a dub for would be more viable. Or maybe even top 5 for UK Blu-ray release...

The only things I can really think for UK licensing would be for shows that have not been fully released or prequel/sequel-wise. So, I guess...

Saiyuki.
Saiyuki Reload Gunlock.
Dragonball Z.
Full Metal Panic TSR.
You're Under Arrest S1>

Dragonball Z is available in its entirety on region 2. :)

Eurrrgh... >.>

In English/In print!

/clarification.

Hang about...I see where you are comming from... It's not a UK license though, is it...ey? EY???!?!?!

No, it is not a UK license or release, but the orange Dragonball Z season sets released in the US by Funi are all region 2 as well as 1 and 4. They are good quality sets, and should fulfill your DBZ needs. No idea yet whether the Dragonboxes are region 2 compatible though.

Mutsumi said:
megagold5 said:
Mutsumi said:
megagold5 said:
Hmmm... A hard question this one, as for the most part I would just import anyways... Top 5 that I want licensed for english release and top 5 that I want to see a dub for would be more viable. Or maybe even top 5 for UK Blu-ray release...

The only things I can really think for UK licensing would be for shows that have not been fully released or prequel/sequel-wise. So, I guess...

Saiyuki.
Saiyuki Reload Gunlock.
Dragonball Z.
Full Metal Panic TSR.
You're Under Arrest S1>

Eurrrgh... >.>

In English/In print!

/clarification.

Hang about...I see where you are comming from... It's not a UK license though, is it...ey? EY???!?!?!

No, it is not a UK license or release, but the orange Dragonball Z season sets released in the US by Funi are all region 2 as well as 1 and 4. They are good quality sets, and should fulfill your DBZ needs. No idea yet whether the Dragonboxes are region 2 compatible though.
Dragonboxes are Regions 1 and 4, but it's free to get your DVD player region free, or if you can't most cheap ones can :)

I'll add my voice to the
Turn A Gundam
Patlabor
Macross Franchise
Xamd
and add
* Rec -sweet and short little romance. Basically take a standard harem romance and cut out almost all the other women/ girls, leaving two people meeting and gradually falling for each other if in a slightly screwy order.
* Soukou No Strain -Mecha series complete with a psychologically scared lead pilot WHO ISN'T EMO. Good battles nice plot and good character development.
* Scrapped Princess - Magic, Mecha and many cute chicks
* Anything else by Bones ... Ayakashi Ayashi, Skull Man, etc are all good.
* Moyashimon- Nice little slice of life at uni with a microbial twist and great characters.
* Twelve Kingdoms - By the same guy who did Ghost Hunt, detailed world, great character development, Just wish they'd finished it.
* Denno Coil- Reverse Matrix meets Azumanga Daioh is the only way i can think of describing it. Completely misguiding if you haven't watched it, but kinda make sense if you have. Meh, its good.
* Air Master -A High school fighting anime which does a great job of turning the cliché's on their head (eg the one high schooler that looks like a 10yr old isn't cute, she's loud and irritating... ie like most 10yr olds in real life)
* Ghost Hound- Utterly baffling, but good, as every episode makes sense, and they follow on well from one to another. It's just that, unlike most other anime, you have no idea where it's going, or what even the overall plot is.
* Oh and El Hazard
* Legend of Galatic Heroes- which I can watch on my space ship with my girlfriend which I also will not get.

I suppose there exist worthwhile titles currently absent from shelves on both sides of the Atlantic. Here are my five:

SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?
Patlabor OVA
Time of Eve
Key the Metal Idol (which I already own, but is nonetheless an overlooked gem)
Armoured Trooper VOTOMS

With one exception, I lust for no new titles for our fair isle. (Thus far I've found importation prices for Clannad to be quite reasonable, which is why I exclude it.)

Mutsumi said:
megagold5 said:
Mutsumi said:
megagold5 said:

Saiyuki.
Saiyuki Reload Gunlock.
Dragonball Z.
Full Metal Panic TSR.
You're Under Arrest S1>

Eurrrgh... >.>

In English/In print!

/clarification.

I know, I know, I own them all. :p

chaos said:
I'm glad you're not a math teacher... ;)
Oh yeah he said 5 anime didn't he ( or she, or self aware energy or mechanical entity
Turn A Gundam
Patlabor
Macross Franchise
Moyashimon
Legend of Galactic Heroes
get the vote
HdE said:
Can I vote another 5,000 times for it, then?
Wasn't a vote really, put a lot of titles on the thread and people comented on wether they like them or not. Original thread was wiped but replacement is here
http://www.beez-ent.com/viewtopic.php?id=493

If you want your votes to count please be more specific on your choices as saying Patlabor could mean either:

Platlabor Ova (1-8 )
Platlabor Tv series
Patlabor the Third movie

Same goes to people who put thing done like Macross Franchise (That like 15 different productions!)

-------------------------------------------

Here are the new totals:

1st: Higashi No Eden (7 votes)

2nd: Spice & Wolf, Higurashi, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid (5 votes each)

Joint 3rd: Clannad, Monster, Turn A Gundam, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei, Xam'd (4 votes each)

Joint 4th: Bakemonogatari, K-on!, One Piece, Macross Frontier, kanon. (3 votes each)

Joint 5th: Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Genshiken, Seto no Hanayome, Tales of the Abyss, Kara No Kyoukai, Urusei Yatsura, Hellsing Ultimate, Hetalia Axis Powers, SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love? x2 (2 votes each)

1st: Higashi No Eden (8 votes)

2nd: Spice & Wolf, Higurashi, Full Metal Panic! The Second Raid, Monster, Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei (5 votes each)

Joint 3rd: Clannad, Turn A Gundam, Xam'd, Bakemonogatari (4 votes each)

Joint 4th: K-on!, One Piece, Macross Frontier, kanon, Time of Eve(3 votes each)

Joint 5th: Umineko no Naku Koro ni, Genshiken, Seto no Hanayome, Tales of the Abyss, Kara No Kyoukai, Urusei Yatsura, Hellsing Ultimate, Hetalia Axis Powers, SDF Macross: Do You Remember Love?,
Michiko to Hatchin, Baccano, Dennou Coil (2 votes each)

If you insist, I'll chuck One Piece, Baccano!, Dennou Coil, FMP: The Second Raid and hmm... Gunbuster into the mix.

Is it too early to want Durarara!! to be licensed?

Back