Wow HD Discussion Thread

That's possible, and I think they periodically reduce and put up prices on releases by certain companies, I've noticed that all the Shout Factory Blu Rays in my wish list have gone up by almost £2 for instance, whilst the rest of my wish list items are the same price they were the other week. A month or so ago they had a sale of sorts for Olive Films releases, and said titles were a lot cheaper. I wish Wow HD would advertise these sales (though it'd be better for my wallet if they didn't;)) I just keep an eye on my wish list and potential pre order titles to see if any significant discounts occur.

Hello,
I tried to open an account with wow hd for the first time, but they have not sent a confirmation email.

This is what it states

You have not completed the registration process. To complete this process look for the email that provides instructions or press the log in button to resend the email.

My friend tried and the same thing happened to him also. I have contacted customers services on monday with no response. Any idea on how to proceed. Also do you know how long it takes for them to respond to emails.

Hmm only thing I can think of is to check your junk/spam, you also could try the resend by logging in. If you've already tried both of those then I'd wait for their response, or try an alternative email address.

I never had any issues signing up to the site, so perhaps I'm not the best person to ask. I do hope you and your friend can resolve the issue. :)

I signed up fine, and did my first order a couple of days ago.

Was your alternative email address with a different email provider? If not it may be your email provider is auto trashing the mail before it arrives.

I finally got a response from wow hd about opening an account.

Thank you for contacting WOW HD!

Hi there, we are having technical issues at the moment please try again next month.

Again, thank you for writing WOW HD.We appreciate your business.

Regards,
WOW HD Sales Support

So if anybody is having issues opening an account for the first time, please take into account there having technical issues.

I tried out WOWHD by buying The Disappearance of Haruhi Suzumiya on BD from Funimation and it showed up after about 2 weeks without any issues or customs fees. I will most definitely be using them again for US imports!

I can't seem to open an account with them. Its not fair! I gave them all my information so they could do it on there end. They told me they are having technical difficulties and to try next month.
Then you open one up like its nothing today.

Q: Are they customs friendly?
A: They are indeed customs friendly for most people. They're a US based company with bases in various locations around the world including the U.K. They re-ship from said bases so you'll never be charged for customs. However, that being said, they only have bases in specific countries. Here is a list:
View attachment 822
If you live in one of these countries then you're safe, but orders from countries not on the list are not reshipped locally, but are instead shipped directly from the US to the customer, so the risk of customs is high.
This seems not to be the case for the Netherlands. I ordered one Blu-ray and it was sent from the US. Their website even says so:

"All orders ship from our warehouse in Shepherdsville, KY, United States. Please be prepared to pay the CUSTOMS DUTY and or TAXES your country charges. Those fees are strictly the responsibility of the buyer. We are NOT and CANNOT be responsible for what your country charges. We do not declare packages at less than paid value, and we do not make special accommodations such as opening your package and only shipping discs."

It was mere luck that I didn't have to pay customs, the full price was on the thin cardboard mailer which could've easily crushed the Blu-ray. I will not order from them again.

This seems not to be the case for the Netherlands. I ordered one Blu-ray and it was sent from the US. Their website even says so:

"All orders ship from our warehouse in Shepherdsville, KY, United States. Please be prepared to pay the CUSTOMS DUTY and or TAXES your country charges. Those fees are strictly the responsibility of the buyer. We are NOT and CANNOT be responsible for what your country charges. We do not declare packages at less than paid value, and we do not make special accommodations such as opening your package and only shipping discs."

It was mere luck that I didn't have to pay customs, the full price was on the thin cardboard mailer which could've easily crushed the Blu-ray. I will not order from them again.
That's a shame to hear, they've been fine for most people on here but there's always exceptions unfortunately.

I do believe it's reshipped because they use Sandd for deliveries in the Netherlands.

If it has the customs declaration on display then its not reshipped. Reshipped items only have the address and relevant postmark for the local delivery service.

UK for example will only have a Royal Mail or Hermes label with no sign of any US or International postmarks, the exception being items that are handled point to point by a specific courier.

In my case I had an order that exceeded the weight limit for their standard shipping service so it was handled by UPS who charged me the excessive fees.

Back