Wow HD Discussion Thread

HWR

CCG’s Reaper
AUKN Staff
So with Wow HD becoming a go to place for anime and other imported titles I thought I'd create a dedicated thread where people can post bargains they've found on the site, talk about experiences they've had with shipping+packaging and generally discuss the site and it's available titles and pre-orders.

Some useful info on the site:
Q: Are they customs friendly?
A: They are indeed customs friendly for most people. They're a US based company with bases in various locations around the world including the U.K. They re-ship from said bases so you'll never be charged for customs. However, that being said, they only have bases in specific countries. Here is a list:
IMG_0837.JPG
If you live in one of these countries then you're safe, but orders from countries not on the list are not reshipped locally, but are instead shipped directly from the US to the customer, so the risk of customs is high.

Q: How do they package their items?
A: Orders of three-four Blu Rays and below are sent in cardboard mailers, the mailers are usually fine and do their job but if you want to ensure pristine condition then ordering more at once ensures they send it in a box, or so I've read on other forums (I'll test this for myself and present my findings when I make a big order). Larger boxsets are obviously sent in boxes, with paper as protection.

Q: Are their prices reasonable?
A: Factoring in free shipping and no customs their prices are usually worth the investment, and they often have a bargain or two. It's worth checking the site daily or weekly to see if items you're interested in reduce in price or not.

Q: Do they offer discount codes?
A: Recently they added an option to add a discount code during checkout. Any codes available will be added to this thread ASAP!

Happy posting!
H

Last edited:
I'll kick things off here by stating that Viz Media titles are currently fairly cheap, particular stand outs being a couple of the Ranma 1/2 Limited Edition sets, which are available for just £21.44, and Hunter X Hunter Volume 1 is just £15.68.

Happy buying!

Just a note I've noticed some sets drop a little one or two weeks prior to release, it happened with Danmachi so it is worth checking on there once a week if your after something in particular.

I've actually moved my school live LE pre-order over to them since it was significantly cheaper then UP1USA and I wouldn't get stung for currency conversion charges by the bank and I'll be placing all my sentai LE sets with them because of the larger price difference.

Are they customs friendly? I've ordered something from them quite a while ago and I believe my package got taxed by customs, did that change?

Are they customs friendly? I've ordered something from them quite a while ago and I believe my package got taxed by customs, did that change?
They are indeed customs friendly. They're a US based company with bases in various locations around the world including the U.K. They re-ship from said base so you'll never be charged for customs. If anyone has been hit with customs recently then feel free to post the details here, but from what I've seen on the forum even larger LEs have arrived safe and sound, and custom free :D

This is something to factor in when ordering from them, though some prices may appear more expensive than alternatives the shipping is free and the lack of customs make it worthwhile

As an example of prices:

tumblr_nrikpbqIg61rd6sdio1_500.gif

Monster Musume: Everyday Life with Monster Girls (Limited Edition) - £73.32

Their pricing for LE releases is very reasonable, and I daresay their packaging is better than Amazon.com and their abysmal efforts.

They are indeed customs friendly. They're a US based company with bases in various locations around the world including the U.K. They re-ship from said base so you'll never be charged for customs. If anyone has been hit with customs recently then feel free to post the details here, but from what I've seen on the forum even larger LEs have arrived safe and sound, and custom free :D

This is something to factor in when ordering from them, though some prices may appear more expensive than alternatives the shipping is free and the lack of customs make it worthwhile

Great to know, thanks! That's strange though, I really get the feeling my package got hit by taxes when I ordered something from there (I think it was the Higurashi blu-ray), maybe it's because I'm from Portugal? Ah well, I'll eventually buy something there and check again.

Once again, thanks for the reply :)

Looking at picking up One Punch Man for £40 from them rather than the Kaze release here. Region details it as region 5 though.

It's the Viz release, so I'm assuming that the region info is incorrect?

Looking at picking up One Punch Man for £40 from them rather than the Kaze release here. Region details it as region 5 though.

It's the Viz release, so I'm assuming that the region info is incorrect?
Their One Punch Man set is Region A locked, I can confirm this since I own it, it's a great set.

Great to know, thanks! That's strange though, I really get the feeling my package got hit by taxes when I ordered something from there (I think it was the Higurashi blu-ray), maybe it's because I'm from Portugal? Ah well, I'll eventually buy something there and check again.

Once again, thanks for the reply :)
They're only customs friendly in the following countries:

K1bQDyE.jpg

Orders from countries not on the list are not reshipped locally, but are instead shipped directly from the US to the customer. IIRC this happened to an Eastern European member on the Blu-ray.com forum.

K1bQDyE.jpg

Orders from countries not on the list are not reshipped locally, but are instead shipped directly from the US to the customer. IIRC this happened to an Eastern European member on the Blu-ray.com forum.
Thanks for pointing this out I'll update the thread information ;)

K1bQDyE.jpg

Ah, I see, I thought it was strange I got hit by customs if it was customs friendly, but I thought maybe there had been a change in policy. Thanks for the help, I had thought about doing a test when I got paid, you just saved me lots of money :p

I've once again dumped an order from UP1USA since WOWHD have Kantai Collection for under £40 currently while after postage and charges are added it it'd be nearly £47 from UP1USA and would mean that I'd have that much more money available when I fire off the monmusu LE pre-order in two weeks time (I've already placed the GATE LE pre-order).

Back