Who's your least favourite anime character?

Sparrowsabre7

Za Warudo
I'd have to say Nena Trinity from Gundam 00. I understand some people like her but...I-I just absolutely loathe everything about her (except her gundam, which is kinda cool). She's got a majorly annoying personality and is a complete psycho for arbitrary reasons, like when she blows up that wedding.

And then when she feels all sorry for herself in the second season. Argh. I just want to punch her. (and that stupid token gesture of hers FFFFFFF)

*breathes*

Ok, I realise this thread will quickly degenerate into a lot of rage-rants, but it's good to vent sometimes =P

Least favourite character? God i've got so many to choose from...

Well its a tie between Flay Allster from SEED and Aizen from Bleach, in one hand we have a cow to end all cows, a manipulative little brat who i wished death from near the beginning. The joke is of course she actually got some of the best charactisation in the whole show (I could name other characters from that Show here but its best if i don't)

As for Aizen, well he's just overpowered, i'm used to bad guys being arrogant and egotistical. Some people would be happy that he had the skills to back up that stuff, but he's just too much, like using a nuke to smash a egg. Every scene with him in, its just boring. With Aizen i think Tite's going to write himself into a corner.

Shinji Ikari from Evangelion

Why? He's a coward and the most frustrating character to watch. As soon as he finally makes progress, BAM!, he's back to his old self again...

CloudedMinds said:
Shinji Ikari from Evangelion

Why? He's a coward and the most frustrating character to watch. As soon as he finally makes progress, BAM!, he's back to his old self again...

You know i can't believe i left him out.

Everyone in Code Geass except Mao and MAYBE Kallen. Light Yagami too, what an awful character, plus he has all these fans wanting the Death Note to be real because it'd be the "right" thing to happen.

EDIT: Hitsugaya from Bleach too, god damn.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
I'd have to say Nena Trinity from Gundam 00. I understand some people like her but...I-I just absolutely loathe everything about her (except her gundam, which is kinda cool). She's got a majorly annoying personality and is a complete psycho for arbitrary reasons, like when she blows up that wedding.

Yup. I generally was overcome with joy where most of 00 series 1 was concerned - but that incident was a low point.

Although I'd say I found Alejandro *slightly* more annoying with his affected smoothy persona. And his shiny gold bling-bling mobile suit.

Lupus said:
Everyone in Code Geass except Mao and MAYBE Kallen. Light Yagami too, what an awful character, plus he has all these fans wanting the Death Note to be real because it'd be the "right" thing to happen.

EDIT: Hitsugaya from Bleach too, god damn.

Care to pick a least favourite from Code Geass? =P Cos if you don't like just about everyone then that's not really a least favourite character, you just don't like that series (unless you do and just enjoy watching series with characters you have zero interest in =P

I have to agree, Shinji is very annoying, when Gurren Lagann started I was like "Oh Jesus, Simon's not going to be another Shinji is he? I just couldn't be bothered with that." Fortunately he got better =P

HdE said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:

Yup. I generally was overcome with joy where most of 00 series 1 was concerned - but that incident was a low point.

Although I'd say I found Alejandro *slightly* more annoying with his affected smoothy persona. And his shiny gold bling-bling mobile suit.

Hmm. He didn't bother me much, mostly cos he's not around a lot =P I was so glad when Ali delivered Nena some laser-guided karma >=D

Probably Ledouche from Code Geass. Now, I like revenge stories, but this guy is so supremely arrogant that I actually want the "bad guys" to win. When he goes into his theatrical "psycho mode", with bulging eyes, wide maniacal smile, and a voice about three octaves deeper than usual, I can barely contain my loathing. See also: Light Yagami.

Runners up include uber-bitches Shana (Shakugan no Shana) and Naru (Love Hina).

fabricatedlunatic said:
Probably Ledouche from Code Geass. Now, I like revenge stories, but this guy is so supremely arrogant that I actually want the "bad guys" to win.

What's wrong? too DEEP?

My most hated would most likely be Naruto. Can't stand his voice.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I believe I outlined my reasons. If you have problems reading I could draw you a diagram?

Durp durp, the reason he goes like that is one of the major themes of the story about how he is basically going insane.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kirrimir said:
fabricatedlunatic said:
I believe I outlined my reasons. If you have problems reading I could draw you a diagram?
Durp durp, the reason he goes like that is one of the major themes of the story about how he is basically going insane.
And... that means you can't dislike him? The point of this thread seems to be to list characters you personally dislike, not bad characterisations.

Last edited by a moderator:
no fighting over others posts here... no one ever agrees on anything, so no point on trying to ge others to see your way here... ;)

Can't think of a character in particular off the bat, but there is one stereotype that really annoys me. The camp comedy sidekick. They are all over the place now, the effeminate man, exaggerated gestures, over the top histrionics, and always the same voice. Taken to its extremes with the transexual mother/father figure in Shangri-La wasn't too bad, but the chef in D.Gray-Man, the cafe owner in Kiddy Girl-And, even the Japanese dub version of Willy in Romeo x Juliet (the English dub makes him wonderfully sarcastic instead)... it seems like anime has only just now entered the '70s, and they're going for the full Carry On treatment... Oooh Matron indeed!

chaos said:
no fighting over others posts here... no one ever agrees on anything, so no point on trying to ge others to see your way here... ;)

Agreed, that was not the point of this thread =3 And I'm glad no one has yet gone "x just plain sucks" and leaves it at that.

We want the reason for your loathing! =P

it's say Yahiko out of Rurouni Kenshin, he's quite annoying, but i guess you get used to him after 2 or 3 episodes

othe rthan that Kentaro out of the Love Hina anime, his prescense was dull, inspid and pointless, at least Winner Sinclair out of Karin was funny at times

Back