Who's your least favourite anime character?

Really quiet useless girls, there's no specific example because they are everywhere but they annoy the crap out of me. The same goes for boys, I suppose. Characters that have zero self esteem are just annoying - mainly when they come from a decent background or have no real issues. I can handle a character like Shinji because there's genuine reason for him to act like he does and because of it, it doesn't annoy me.

So... characters that are incredibly feeble. I hate.

I'm currently watching Red Garden and Rachel is one of the most annoying anime characters I have ever had the displeasure to watch. She basically likes to end each episode with a screeching fit - and when I say screeching, I mean a full-on wailing banshee on fire screech! What a stoopid b**ch...

BlackWolf said:
Flay Allster from SEED

I was trying to think of one as I read the thread but I don't think I can beat Flay. The girl makes me shudder just remembering her.

R

oh and also, pretty much the entire cast of Gantz - I love that show but most of the characters are either naive or just stupid. I spent lots of time hollering at the screen at characters standing still in front of certain death.

Ooh! I thought of another one!

Sheeta from Laputa - specifically as voiced by Anna Paquin.

That dub really causes me a lot of anguish. After seeing Laputa on TV years ago, and finally getting around to buying the DVD last year, I was aghast at how irritating Ms. Paquin made her.

Partly it's just that annoying anime trope of filling silent pauses with characters wistfully saying the name of another character. By about the fourth tiem I heard Sheeta say 'Oh, Pazu!' I was ready to throw a brick through my TV!

At least when they did it on Robotech it was funny! :lol:

I would be inclined to say Adrian from Armitage III. Fortunately, such a rapscallion was only present in a few scenes.

I second the vote with Aizen for the reason I already mentioned in the bleach topic on the Manga forum.

Also the two leads from She The Ultimate Weapon. One for being just too meek while the other being a thoroughly contemptible, detestable person.

Sparrowsabre7 said:
She's got a majorly annoying personality and is a complete psycho for arbitrary reasons.
Nena Trinity? She doesn't even appear on the radar for me. Because without fail a Gundam production has a dipshit female character doing something grotesquely stupid, irrational and mindlessly destructive for no good reason. The old me would give you a year by year run down of these moments, but right now I'm just going to settle with the very notion of femininity in Gundam being my most hated character. It's no surprise that the franchise keeps getting progressively more homoerotic when space-age females are so goddamned useless.

200px-Quess_Paraya.jpg

Ok, she's top of the pile. A rapid-fire crash course in worthlessness in a movie that was unwatchable even before she appeared.

the first thing that went through my mind when i saw that picture

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf0oXY4nDxE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nf0oXY4nDxE&hl=en_GB&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

kupocake said:
Sparrowsabre7 said:
She's got a majorly annoying personality and is a complete psycho for arbitrary reasons.
Nena Trinity? She doesn't even appear on the radar for me. Because without fail a Gundam production has a dipshit female character doing something grotesquely stupid, irrational and mindlessly destructive for no good reason. The old me would give you a year by year run down of these moments, but right now I'm just going to settle with the very notion of femininity in Gundam being my most hated character. It's no surprise that the franchise keeps getting progressively more homoerotic when space-age females are so goddamned useless.

200px-Quess_Paraya.jpg

Ok, she's top of the pile. A rapid-fire crash course in worthlessness in a movie that was unwatchable even before she appeared.

Well Gundam 00 is my first Gundam series so I guessed I jumped in at the deep end =P

kupocake said:

Haha, I still hate Flay more but Quess is definitely up there in the useless, unlikeable character rankings.

R

Without a doubt, the character that got to me most, more than any other was that whore Naru from Love Hina. I only wish they could have used her as cannon fodder in something like Gantz.

Someone mentioned Trigun earlier on today and it reminded me how much Vash always annoyed me. It felt like they were trying so hard to make Vash likable with his ridiculously dandy dress sense, his idiotically cheerful demeanour and constant spouting about peace and love that I constantly found myself cheering on the bad guys instead. I actually quite liked Trigun as a series, but I think I would have liked it a lot more if Wolfwood had been the main character.

Kira from Gundam Seed.

Qoute: "I'm gonna shove ya 'Freedom' and 'Justice' right up ya.....and then....with your....up your.....in the...so then you'll have to.............sideways......****." --Megagold5 (Whenever he thinks of Gundam seed)

That would have all been in capitals, but I know people aren't too fond of that for some reason. :/

^ Having not seen Seed, I thought you were actually quoting Kira at first there.

I became interested in watching it for a brief moment. Perhaps, deep down, I really do miss old fashioned Manga dubs?

Professor Irony said:
Someone mentioned Trigun earlier on today and it reminded me how much Vash always annoyed me. It felt like they were trying so hard to make Vash likable with his ridiculously dandy dress sense, his idiotically cheerful demeanour and constant spouting about peace and love that I constantly found myself cheering on the bad guys instead. I actually quite liked Trigun as a series, but I think I would have liked it a lot more if Wolfwood had been the main character.

I love Vash but I can see why people would find him annoying. especially when he's all "boo hoo I don't want to kill people"

megagold5 said:
ayase said:
^ Having not seen Seed, I thought you were actually quoting Kira at first there.

Aheh, no. But 2 words in the qoute are used by Kira FAR too many times.

Can you guess which ones?

Actually I don't think Kira ever talks about "freedom" you might be thinking of Superman (or to a lesser extent Batman ;P)

Back