Where to Buy Anime in the UK (was Anime Online Retailers)

mangaman74 said:
For anyone using Planetaxel - in case you have yet to notice, the rewards systems is closing. This is the message regarding it on their site,

Axel Rewards is no more!

We know this will not be amongst our most popular changes, so please believe us when we say: the decision did not come easy and it is with huge regret that we announce the end of the Axel Rewards Program.

After nearly 2 years of Axel Rewards we have come to inevitable conclusion that our Rewards program and its expenses simply cannot be sustained based on its current promotional value. We've tried everything; cutting down cost, moved numbers around and everything we could come up with to be able to continue offering the points to our customers, but it's just not possible.
DON'T WORRY - YOUR POINTS ARE NOT LOST!

Within a few weeks we will be offering a chance to have all your collected points converted to a gift voucher instead. This means that you will be able to spend it on ANY item in the store - without exception! We will be giving 50 cent USD for every 1000 points you have on your account. The voucher that will be issued will NOT expire. You will need to fill out the simple form below to have your points converted (please allow for up up to 48 hours for the points to be issued). All additional points earning have ended effective immediately.
IT'S NOT ALL BAD NEWS! We have received your feedback and listened:

Effective immediately we have lowered the handling, routing and customs fee by 50% to just $1.99 per checkout (previously is was $4.99, then $3.99 and now just $1.99)! Within a months time this will be completely replaced by a "1st item, each additional item" cost that most online retailers also use. Simple and easy to understand, with no hidden cost or surprises.

We must acknowledge when mistakes are made and changes have to be put in place. It is important to stay humble and listen to our customers feedback and suggestions!

We feel most of our customers would like a no-nonsense, no bells and whistles, effective customer service, cheapest price possible approach to their shopping experience. This is what we will be working towards over the next few months. Removing the Axel Rewards and instead offer better overall pricing and postage rates are two of those steps.

I sincerely hope you will continue to stay on as a customer with PlanetAxel.com and I can truly say that your business is very much appreciated by everyone here!

With kindest regards,
Rasmus Christiansen
CEO, PlanetAxel.com

At least they are being up front about it and are allowing customers to convert their points instead of scrapping them.

It may also explain why their emails have been somewhat slower regards shipments lately.

I saw this as I just tried to place an order yesterday. Just missing the boat for an extra few cents :( (not to mention another order arrived the day before, meaning I missed my 100 point receipt confirmation per item).

Oh well, still managed to get a $4 voucher out of them for my next order. It amazes me how fast these guys deliver, even if it often works out a little mroe expensive than ordering from TRSI/Amazon (dependign on import taxes).

If losing Axel Rewards is the price to pay for a lower handling fee, then I'm okay to see it go. That means I can go back to ordering single items rather than feeling the need to buy multiple items in order to spread the cost. I didn't order enough to make the best use of the program anyway.

I think I'll put my $7 voucher towards Tales of Graces F.

Damn I feel like complaining.

I ordered something in stock at planetaxel Feb 24th and today is stick saying its being packed and to expect for it to leave it soon. And it something that have in stock for god sake!! I used to buy from them a long time ago and i did know they are kinda slow but i think they reached a new level now lol

Anyway, the money was already take out from my account and that thing is still to be send. Ridiculous.

Well i gotta say 24 was friday and weekend came over and i dont know if they work saturdays but maybe not. Though its still much time for a "in stock" stuff. Well i just used them again cause i had a 5eur voucher and they had something in stock i really wanted and cheaper than around these parts.

I feel lighter now. :lol:

I have noticed that Planetaxel's responsiveness has really dropped lately. They used to reply to e-mails immediately but I'm still waiting on a reply to one I sent them two weeks ago at the moment, and I've sent messages since as well. Hakuouki took a long time to ship too (so much so that I contacted them about it worriedly, and I received no response to that either), though Mardock Scramble despatched quickly. Hopefully, it's just them being extra busy due to the new website changes and having to process all of the Axel Rewards stuff and not a sign of trouble.

R

I've only used them three times (including once last week) but have found them to be extremely quick, they evenm dispatched things with the amber status (available to order?) within 2 days and when I emailed them with a problem they replied the next day.

I'm struggling with whether to continue ordering from rightstuf as I have for years or switch over to up1 and planetaxel... I really wanted the Toradora sets but they are £30 on up1 and $30 on the right stuf. Seems a no brainer to go for right stuf but by the time you factor in import tax (including other silly fees and potential Parcel Force 'handling fee'), delivery cost, time taken to deliver etc it works out basically the same. Argh.

Another thing that confuses me about right stuf, does anyone ever get any benefit from being in the 'got anime?' club? early every item is discounted already so the 10% discount is useless for 90% of their stock.

The Got Anime discount stacks with the discount in studio sales etc, so when I was using them more it paid for itself really quickly. Now I don't really use the studio sales since I'm only ordering Aniplex USA and NISA items, so I probably won't renew the membership again.

There's also stuff with no coupon limitations which never gets reduced which is ripe for the additional bonus coupons GA members gain access to.

R

Anyone ever buy anything from the blind box on rightstuf? I'm interested to know what kinda thing ends up being sent. Probably just the stuff from the bargain bin I guess?

Dunno. I'd be too scared to find out.

Has anyone ever cancelled an order with PlanetAxel and requested store credit instead of a refund? I cancelled something yesterday morning and I'm still waiting for the credit to appear on my account, which I assumed would happen automatically and more or less instantly. With the comments about their slow response times I thought I might get more joy here than emailing them (which I will have to do if nothing happens by tomorrow).

fabricatedlunatic said:

Has anyone ever cancelled an order with PlanetAxel and requested store credit instead of a refund? I cancelled something yesterday morning and I'm still waiting for the credit to appear on my account, which I assumed would happen automatically and more or less instantly. With the comments about their slow response times I thought I might get more joy here than emailing them (which I will have to do if nothing happens by tomorrow).

When they started taking PayPal transactions, something went wrong with my first order via paypal and though the money left my PP account the order never placed. I let them know via email and the next day they credited the $ amount back to my account.

I haven't tried it for a refund though, but I'm thinking of complaining about my Tweeny Witches set, as the case is pretty wrecked and the thingy that holds the discs in is completely snapped off.

The same thing happened to me one time when I used Paypal. Cash went through but nothing appeared in my account history. All sorted very quickly.

I asked for a refund to my credit card once before and that was processed within a day. This is the first time I've requested store credit, though, and it hasn't occurred yet for whatever reason.

FourthLion said:
fabricatedlunatic said:

When they started taking PayPal transactions, something went wrong with my first order via paypal and though the money left my PP account the order never placed. I let them know via email and the next day they credited the $ amount back to my account.
The exact same thing happened to me. They just credited my account with the balance that I had sent before.

FourthLion said:
I haven't tried it for a refund though, but I'm thinking of complaining about my Tweeny Witches set, as the case is pretty wrecked and the thingy that holds the discs in is completely snapped off.

If you use the report issue button beside the product and provide a picture of the damage etc they should send you a replacement case if it's possible for them to do so, as I have done this a couple of times, takes a bit of time come as it has to be got form the supplier as far as I know.

Curious situation...

I ordered the region 1 Code Geass R2 box from Planet Axel, who listed it as 'in stock'. Best I can tell, the box set WAS actually released. But It's been on back order now for over a fortnight.

Anyone else had problems with this?

fabricatedlunatic said:

I have asked for store credit before. The last time was last month when I cancelled the Strike Witches blu-ray (as it has been delayed until September I thought I might as well get something else in the meantime).

HdE said:
Curious situation...

I ordered the region 1 Code Geass R2 box from Planet Axel, who listed it as 'in stock'. Best I can tell, the box set WAS actually released. But It's been on back order now for over a fortnight.

Anyone else had problems with this?

I haven’t had a problem. I ordered it last month and I got my copy. I think the general view with Bandai is to get what you want now while it is still available as they are only producing more copies until the licences run out (whenever that is). The same goes with Beez releases for those that buy region 2 discs.

BTW, have you checked on your account to see if it has been sent yet. One of the items in my last order was sent out without me receiving an email saying it was in the post.

I've had a couple of email updates telling me that the item is on back-order with the supplier, and that they're trying to find another souce.

Someone who ordered from Rightstuf before, please tell me what does Rightstuf use to fulfill international orders? Courier or postal service?

Thanks.

Back