What's Your opinion on chavs?

chaos-unleashed said:
im a little late on the convo, but when yous say 'CHAV' do you mean the dudes rockin the fake Burberry hats singin football songs all nyt down the pub n get hammered every nyt possible? or is that just a stereotype (which im incredibally sorry for if it is) I would lyk to know descriptions of a 'chav' so I can become familiar with what everyones on about lol

They either usually where the ecko gear or sum matching hoddie jogging bottoms things and walk in a group.

would rather have Emo/Scene than a chav around tho
like Kurogane said, chavs are more inclined to create damaged and vandalism to their surroundings

you've never seen a emo???

that's gotta be a record!!

well the stereotypical view from anyone who isn't a emo is: pathetic, nervous, lacks confidence, suicidal, wears stupid clothes, emotionaly challenged and listens to shite music, attention seeker.

the view from unbias eyes is:
person who wants to just be themselves without critisism, hates the extremist emo's with suicidal tendancies as they give emo's the stereotypical view above, wears random clothes but apart from the skinny jeans they wear normal clothes, listens to music that they like ( come on, theres always someone to say "your music is crap" no matter who their saying it about, it's just an open opinion that could be directed at anyone) altho i personnaly dont like soppy crap songs and bands.

Scene Stereotypical view: poser who spends more time looking in the mirror than actualy talking to real people, poses in public,

unbias view: poses in public, is more into rave music than emo music, generally more acceptable than emo's

Stereotypical view on chav's: moraless, ignorant, destructive, generally thick (meaning stupid) wears tracksuites and general mentality is "can du wha i wan coz i can init" usually ilitterate to some extent and thats why everytime they write something it has to be in text form.

Unbias view: see above ;P

Tachi- said:
the law is pathetic and the mannerisms of chavs is pathetic, thats why we take the law into our own hands. havent seen the chavs since :D
Only because you hide from them.

"Take the law into our own hands"...have you actually read the tripe you're typing?

Aaron said:
Tachi- said:
the law is pathetic and the mannerisms of chavs is pathetic, thats why we take the law into our own hands. havent seen the chavs since :D

"Take the law into our own hands"...have you actually read the tripe you're typing?
Dreamer, just a little dreamer.

Of course, if this is no dream and is being attempted to be put into reality... LOLWUT.

Tachi- said:
the view from unbias eyes is:
person who wants to just be themselves without critisism, hates the extremist emo's with suicidal tendancies as they give emo's the stereotypical view above, wears random clothes but apart from the skinny jeans they wear normal clothes, listens to music that they like ( come on, theres always someone to say "your music is crap" no matter who their saying it about, it's just an open opinion that could be directed at anyone) altho i personnaly dont like soppy crap songs and bands.

"Person who just wants to be themselves" - Isnt that what most stereotypical emo's say :lol:
I do agree with what you say that, someone will always say the music you listen to is crap, because they think differently but, the reason people hate emo music is that its more about being fashionable than being a muscian. I mean, can you imagine the 30 Seconds To Mars singer without his fancy makeup? All these emo bands just look to have spent a YEAR infront of the mirror to look just right. Its just a general pain. Thats why people hate emo music.

Jayme said:
Its mainstream, therefore people hate it.

Applies to everything.

There's a good reason behind that though;

Mainstream content (music, fashion, whatever-) is always copied by people in the thousands, who are usually the kind of folk who are dull and can't think for themselves. These type of people conform to the mainstream because they think it will elevate them socially, or whatever other gain they might attain from their old, inferior (their view) position.

People who realise the proponents of what is mainstream, are the people who have a good time, know their position in life and will generally do what they like, without worrying about people's response.

Except for the select few who dress to simply stand out like synthol in a deadlifting competition; THEY need to be cut out from society, as that kind of thing screws with the entire system.

Kurogane said:
Except for the select few who dress to simply stand out like synthol in a deadlifting competition; THEY need to be cut out from society, as that kind of thing screws with the entire system.

Really? Annoying as they can sometimes be i have a lot more respect for those who want to stand out than blend in - be it their physical appearance or personal beliefs. At least they're challenging something. Yes people who oppose, who revolt for opposition's sake can be annoying and sometimes counter-productive but theres always that 1 in a hundred chance that one of them is an innovator, an inventor etc etc. Its up to you as to whether its worth going through the hell of those 99 other people :)

I can see your point about diagnosing and coming to your own decision before conforming - but thats still conforming nevertheless.

If we all said "baa" there would be no progress.

*patiently awaits the old "well hitler went against the crowd" argument*

Standing out for the sake of standing out is just another form of conformity. If someone stands out because they're just different, it's all good.

Maxon said:
Standing out for the sake of standing out is just another form of conformity. If someone stands out because they're just different, it's all good.

That's justifying it too far. From a social perspective and how it could ostricise you, or even just from a stranger's standpoint 'make you seem like some random freak', it's irrelevant, as no one is going to analyse you that much from your appearance.

Aaron said:
Tachi- said:

lol you've obviously never been in a difficult situation then have you.
imagine somebody beating up one of your friends and puttin him in hospital. then you turn to the police for them to say that legally they cant do anything.

ofcorse you'll want to get even on behalf of your friend.

i was merely breaking that all down by using a phrase..

anyway to everyone else: i've already said im not on par with Emo's.
theres a border between Scene and Emo.

oh and my two pence on th hitler standing out thing. he was a prick and i thinkthat some people should of been headshot long before they could change the world that much

Kurogane said:
Maxon said:

That's justifying it too far. From a social perspective and how it could ostricise you, or even just from a stranger's standpoint 'make you seem like some random freak', it's irrelevant, as no one is going to analyse you that much from your appearance.
That may be, but people are still going to make judgments based on first impressions. It's human nature, and there's no avoiding it.

Its how far you take it however. So long as i can have a decent conversation with someone i dont mind if they have hair coming out of their eyeballs or 27 fingers. Yes i make a first impression but i try to not let it stop me from opening or responding to a conversation. From then on its fair game however.

Exactly how is standing out conforming? That side of "conforming to non-conformity" is ridiculous and i have my doubts about the existence of anyone who even does that. If you're implying that they make a conscious decision to not be themselves....well that just melts my brain. You cant forcibly change the way YOU think because they're your thoughts all along - all you do is bend the way you think - never break. People might say baa in a group but you cant just not have an opinion on something. Even not caring is classed as an opinion in a twisted sort of way.

I guess it depends on if you're talking about someone's public or private image.

This is just getting confusing, and I do feel we're going off topic lol. I thought this was on chavs, not emo's :lol:

Chavs suck

Better? :p

PS - Especially when they steal electronics. My bro works at a gamestore and they actually go through their rubbish, find the broken controllers they've chucked out and try to sell them back to em.

Back