What's Your opinion on chavs?

Liquid Skin said:
Chavs suck

Better? :p

PS - Especially when they steal electronics. My bro works at a gamestore and they actually go through their rubbish, find the broken controllers they've chucked out and try to sell them back to em.

really? I've seen chavs try to steal the big display boxes they have before...

BlackWolf said:
Liquid Skin said:
Chavs suck

Better? :p

PS - Especially when they steal electronics. My bro works at a gamestore and they actually go through their rubbish, find the broken controllers they've chucked out and try to sell them back to em.

really? I've seen chavs try to steal the big display boxes they have before...

Hahaha really? Oh dear i shouldnt be surprised but.....

Question: chavs or chavettes, which are worse/better?

At least you can defend yourself and fight back against a chav - with a chavette its the whole "dont hit a girl" mentality which means you have to plug your ears against their harpy screeches. Plus i actually find them more annoying in behaviour than a chav. A chav is just a basic thug, you can tell what they're thinking a good 20 minutes before the brain cell starts to spark but a chavette has that chav aggression combined with that general....bitch attitude - i just find them SO damn annoying.

Tough question :p I normally find that the chavettes are much more vocal then the chavs in my area, and in some cases, the chavettes have started fights between their boyfriends and passers by. I know a guy who was attacked as he got out of a taxi just because he apparently looked at the chav's girlfriend who took offence and got her non-caring boyfriend to beat him up with the help of one of his mates.

Of course in the end, both are as bad as each other once they are in groups

Liquid Skin said:
Exactly how is standing out conforming? That side of "conforming to non-conformity" is ridiculous and i have my doubts about the existence of anyone who even does that.
It's about rebellion. Active rebellion as a concept is ridiculous because it's people fitting into a smaller demographic than one they'd rather not be a part of. If they fit into that because they genuinely feel that way, fair enough. I just hate it when people try to rebel with the soul purpose of being a rebel (which is my main point). In other words, I hate hypocrites.
Liquid Skin said:
If you're implying that they make a conscious decision to not be themselves....well that just melts my brain. You cant forcibly change the way YOU think because they're your thoughts all along - all you do is bend the way you think - never break.
That's EXACTLY my point, which is why I hate so called rebels trying to be rebellious because it's "cool".
Liquid Skin said:
People might say baa in a group but you cant just not have an opinion on something. Even not caring is classed as an opinion in a twisted sort of way.
In my opinion, there's no such thing as not caring. There are only varying degrees to which people care about something.

Thing is though, everyone does get lablled.

And to the above about Chavettes or Chavs, Chavette's are worse. They like hitting me, and I cant hit back >.>

Lupus Inu said:
Females demand equal rights, if they can throw a punch they can take one.

Even beyond the point of equality, it's true that if a girl is willing to punch or physically harm you, regardless of your gender, you should be fully entitled to fight back if you so wish :]

Spyro201 said:

And to the above about Chavettes or Chavs, Chavette's are worse. They like hitting me, and I cant hit back >.>

Everyone doesn't get labelled, i know that since i was never labelled and neither was my brother. I know a few others that i hung about with in high school that where never labelled either.

Arbalest said:
Spyro201 said:

Everyone doesn't get labelled, i know that since i was never labelled and neither was my brother. I know a few others that i hung about with in high school that where never labelled either.

They do around here >.> In my area everyone is either Chav, Emo, or 'Mosher'.

Like seriously now, EVERYONE has a label. Oh yeah, 'Nerd' if you fall under none.

CitizenGeek said:
Lupus Inu said:
Females demand equal rights, if they can throw a punch they can take one.

Even beyond the point of equality, it's true that if a girl is willing to punch or physically harm you, regardless of your gender, you should be fully entitled to fight back if you so wish :]

It Goes back to being a gentleman and not raising a hand against women.
altho there has been a situation where a chavette was trying to punch me, its always better to be the gentleman and not hit back.....im not saying take the hits tho, if you know how, block any punches or kicks and/or restrain them.

As a woman if I went around punching people I would fully expect to be punched back. I hate being treated differently to a guy just because I have breasts and pointless chivalry is just annoying.

Of course it would never happen since I'm not given to trying to solve my communication problems with physical force. But the half baked chivalry thing does come up in other situations and it's guaranteed to make me fume :(

Anyway nothing really to say on topic as I reject labels myself and don't know any chavs. Yay.

R

lol Rui, why does chivalry annoy you?

in cases i've wanted to punch a girl who had hit me first but 2 things stopped me; 1 two wrongs dont make a right (even though it does feel good to get even with someone) and 2 if you hit a girl back, no matter how much of a beast to the eyes they maybe, it still comes down to the point that you've hit a girl. and you can get a name as a womanbeater. thats why its always best to not hit back but to block and restrain them.

in the end it should go both ways, guys don't hit girls AND girls don't hit guys.

Because being treated differently just because of physical shape is something I find condescending. I don't want to believe I'm any less/more than a male version of me would be just because I was born female, so being treated in a special way hurts.

You're right though in that it should go both ways. Girls should respect boys too. We're all people, just with different shaped naughty bits.

R

Rui said:
I don't want to believe I'm any less/more than a male version of me would be just because I was born female, so being treated in a special way hurts.
Thats a fair point. and there was a time when women weren't equal to men (which is wrong from the start) Fortunately in todays society women and men are equal. although it may hurt you that they try to be chivalrous to you, their trying to treat you with respect and don't intentionally mean to hurt your feelings.

I'm not certain on this but i think the reason girls are treated different is because they produce children. if you think about it, when a womans pregnant the family tends to go into protection mode and the woman is told she can't do much, "you just sit there and relax, i'll do that" is a example.

the chivalry most probably transcends from the times of knights, so naturally that chivalry doesn't seem to show for much in today's culture. the term Gentleman is almost none existant now, but their is a minority that still are gentlemen.

Its not only down to chivalry. Physically speaking men are on average stronger than women so its not not a gold medal idea to lamp a girl - you're going to hurt her a lot more than you would a guy (unless you aim for a very specific part of the body hehe)

I'm not saying women are all china dolls (i hate that idea too) but its ridiculous to think that the two genders are the same. Hit a guy in the stomach, ok he's winded, hit a girl in the same place and a question pops up "was she pregnant?" I'd prefer to have the "never hit a girl" idea drilled into me than a "its alright sometimes" notion. If you get angry or drunk or whatever you can lose track of your senses and then accidents happen.

Then again i always playfight with my best friend (she starts it) so who am i to talk? :)

But surely this would apply to anyone smaller than you in general. Plenty of shrimpy guys I know use "chivalry" too despite being small and weak themselves. I just don't like being generalised in general. And I don't think it's a great idea to hit anyone even if they look like they can fight back. But if they force you to through circumstance then their gender should be well below these other considerations in how to act.

I think the social teaching to look after the childbearers is probably where it's come from as it's pretty much the only significant difference between the sexes, but we're not all pregnant all the time. Please treat us like any other human being :(

R

Trust me i'm not a fan of it either and i agree with everything you've said but its pretty hard in today's society. Gender roles have been bent to the point where there is no clear definition of what it is to be a man or woman anymore. There's some great sides to it, but also some pretty awful ones too.

I mean, living in this health and safety, sueing culture of ours its a total minefield, i mean you can be fined for painting your front door a different colour in this country, what's going to happen if you hit a girl?!

It all depends on the situation, how aggressively they're attacking you and so on. Obviously if someone is coming at you with a knife you're gonna strike back - boobs or no boobs.

Umm, i think women are being treated a hellofalot more as human beings than other men treat each other (in fights that is). The human thing to do in a fight would be to disarm the opponent and calm them down. When men go at it we're looking to rip eachother's throats out and **** down their necks. Do women really want to be in that situation? I sure as hell dont and yet because im a man im expected to have 7 kinds of **** knocked out of me and then go down the local to get wrecked. Gender stereotypes work both ways.....

EDIT: I feel we might have gone a lil off topic, but i like the discussion, ill make a thread.

Rui said:
But if they force you to through circumstance then their gender should be well below these other considerations in how to act.

+

Liquid Skin said:
It all depends on the situation, how aggressively they're attacking you and so on. Obviously if someone is coming at you with a knife you're gonna strike back - boobs or no boobs.

Umm, i think women are being treated a hellofalot more as human beings than other men treat each other (in fights that is). The human thing to do in a fight would be to disarm the opponent and calm them down. When men go at it we're looking to rip eachother's throats out and **** down their necks. Do women really want to be in that situation? I sure as hell dont and yet because im a man im expected to have 7 kinds of **** knocked out of me and then go down the local to get wrecked. Gender stereotypes work both ways.....

i agree with both of you, generally guys treat each other with little to no respect in a fight. in that situation only winning (or if your against someone who's armed, surviving) is the only thing that matters.
a notable phrase is "Dog eat Dog"

Women have (generally) a lower threshold for pain than men.
that effects weaker men are verbally abused and reffered to as "you fight like a girl" and other abuse.

there is indeed a certain degree to tolerance when fighting against a girl.
although the guy is stronger (generally) he is handicapped in a fight against a girl.
the handicaps are;
-he has his morals to deal with, most guys i know are brought up that hitting girls is wrong
-if he wins or loses the fight either way he loses.
if he wins the fight his reputation is left in pieces and is dubbed a womanbeater.
if he loses, his pride is lost as he'll be ridiculed for losing to a girl.

so in a fight against genders there will never be equality :(

EDIT: as i created this thread i don't see a problem with going off track.

Back