What you guys doing right now.

I just read a load of feedback forum threads from 2008-2010 and I really don't know why.

It's ok, we've all been there. 🤔

I'm listening to Rasputin by Boney M. and contemplating getting on with my current sewing project, which I have started - it's an elasticated loose-fitting summer top that's basically an elasticated skirt pattern that I'm adding strap sleeves to and still need to hem a the bottom. (I would have finished it days ago but various unfortunate things came up like a suddenly-not-working debit card and a slightly injured foot that hurt to walk and stand on, which really threw off my groove.) I've also made an elasticated skirt that I plan to put some yellow satin frills on as they'll go nicely with the bright pink fabric with flowers that I used. After that, I am gonna figure out how to make a pair of bloomers and then make as many pairs of them as I can with the best of my current fabric collection, as I want something cute and unique to wear for summer and you can usually make a pair of bloomers out of literally two pieces of fabric that have mirroring shapes plus three pieces of elastic for the waist and leg cuffs (and thread! mustn't forget that!). I'm really grateful that my mum bought me a quality sewing machine for the sewing course I took a bit before lockdown, even though I'm just starting out still really it has been really great having a reliable piece of kit to work with :) And now I will actually get on with ironing the sleeves into shape with folds so I can easily sew them up and prevent fraying :)

Recovering from all the twisting and looking at my back in mirrors required to pin the strap sleeves on my top 😭 I also really need to eat something. I guess this is vaguely what being an Ai Yazawa manga character would be like 🤔

Resting my body after today's nearly 15 mile walk. Although after several walks where my average speed has been 3.7 mph today's was only 3.3mph.

Unless it's down to wearing my older boots as my normal ones were drying out after hitting some unexpected waterlogged fields on the outskirts of Reading on Friday. (Splish, Splash, Splosh)

I'd like to read the BBFC description for that 😅

Contains Strong Fairy Themes
Reality TV Use
Self-Parody
Offensive use of Public Domain Characters

World of Winx is absolutely bat**** insane, I love it. Though the most offensive thing about it is that I didn’t get to see the Trix in Fairy Couture style, I will curse Straffi on my deathbed for putting them in Season 8 instead of in this.

getting on with my current sewing project
You know how you previously said that you sometimes misread sentences to hilarious effect? For some reason I initially read what you wrote there as "getting on with my current swearing project". 😆

Right now, my girlfriend and I are about to apply adhesive-backed fluorescent address numbers to our general-waste wheelie bin, because that's the kind of rock-and-roll life we lead. 🤘😖

Perhaps worryingly, the packet boasts that these are "The SAFEST way to personalise your wheelie bin". If I don't post again today, it's probably safe to assume I've fallen victim to an unfortunate, unforeseen and probably unavoidable wheelie bin-numbering accident.

Pray for me if that happens? I'd kinda like to pull through. 🙏

You know how you previously said that you sometimes misread sentences to hilarious effect? For some reason I initially read what you wrote there as "getting on with my current swearing project". 😆

Right now, my girlfriend and I are about to apply adhesive-backed fluorescent address numbers to our general-waste wheelie bin, because that's the kind of rock-and-roll life we lead. 🤘😖

Perhaps worryingly, the packet boasts that these are "The SAFEST way to personalise your wheelie bin". If I don't post again today, it's probably safe to assume I've fallen victim to an unfortunate, unforeseen and probably unavoidable wheelie bin-numbering accident.

Pray for me if that happens? I'd kinda like to pull through. 🙏

I will add u to my prayers list along with WMD and his broken shoulder :) 👍

So, an update on the wheelie bin-numbering situation. (Apologies for the unexpected length of this post, but hopefully readers can find it in their hearts to overlook this shortcoming just this one time for something as important as this is.)

I'm in a position to report that the numbering was successful and that both my girlfriend and I are still safe and well. The paper backing on both numbers tore a bit, but other than that there were no casualties. There were no broken bones, no blunt-force trauma and no loss of blood, so all is good.

We could potentially have applied the stickers to the wrong bin right at the start there, though, because the general waste bin was actually already numbered: it was the burgundy plastics bin that wasn't, so there was in fact a small risk there that the whole thing could have still ended in catastrophe. I mean, imagine having two sets of the same number on one bin and none on another! The very thought sends chills running down my spine and doesn't even bear thinking about.

Here's a pic of the packaging, showing the manufacturer's aforementioned safety guarantee, now apparently validated by my continuing ability to breathe and function as a human being, albeit at my usual very modest level that at least encompasses being able to bring you this post:
IMG_20210405_111354615.jpg

So, an update on the wheelie bin-numbering situation. (Apologies for the unexpected length of this post, but hopefully readers can find it in their hearts to overlook this shortcoming just this one time for something as important as this is.)

I'm in a position to report that the numbering was successful and that both my girlfriend and I are still safe and well. The paper backing on both numbers tore a bit, but other than that there were no casualties. There were no broken bones, no blunt-force trauma and no loss of blood, so all is good.

We could potentially have applied the stickers to the wrong bin right at the start there, though, because the general waste bin was actually already numbered: it was the burgundy plastics bin that wasn't, so there was in fact a small risk there that the whole thing could have still ended in catastrophe. I mean, imagine having two sets of the same number on one bin and none on another! The very thought sends chills running down my spine and doesn't even bear thinking about.

Here's a pic of the packaging, showing the manufacturer's aforementioned safety guarantee, now apparently validated by my continuing ability to breathe and function as a human being, albeit at my usual very modest level that at least encompasses being able to bring you this post:

So shiny 🤩 Glad you're alright @Neil.T :) 👍

I just went past a large blue van with a basket on the front, which claimed to be a “Fortnite Battle Bus”.

I don’t know anything about Fortnite (I played it once, built a ramp up to a roof, fell into a cellar, got shot and never touched it again) but I still enjoyed seeing this vehicle!

That and Overwatch.
Overwatch is the only one of all the millions of really popular online games that I've ever been any good at (not that I've ever really been interested enough to git gud at anything else) 😅

Plus, it lets me live out my dream of being a Korean pro gamer girl with a bright pink mecha 🙃

😲 . . .

You've got your own personal bright pink mecha?

You b*stard. 😡

😤
Well I've got one of these...

11502487_hi

...and one of these...

s-l500.jpg

😅 😅

Attempting, for about the third time, to sort ten years worth of files on five hard drives (2x 4tb, 2x 1tb, 1x 240gb, all nearly full) into an organised file system. It's got to the point where I literally don't know where anything is any more, I can't even use the search function because half the files are in folders with names like "New Folder (27)" and the file names are just strings of numbers.

This might be the most boring thing I have ever done, and I've catalogued inventory for a warehouse. I cannot wait until I can plug my brain into the computer and just think all this stuff into order. But in some naive way, I feel like if I can successfully organise my file system perhaps I can successfully bring some order to my life.

Back