What was your first manga?

Aqua Knight, which a friend recommended to me as it's by the same guy who did Battle Angel Alita (Yukito Kishiro). It's quite good, with some very nice artwork - just have never got round to getting another volume of it!

Jayme said:
Kursed said:
Mine was Pokemon Adventures..brought it from Wilkinsons when I was 9 years old O_O

I used to own loads of Pokemon story books. Do they count as 'Light Novel's'

Really? o_O Oh..I thought the Pokemon stuff by Hidenori Kusaka and Mato was manga..humm..

Well then! My first manga was Inuyasha which I got in 2003 when I was 12. n_n

Oi

My first Manga was Crescent moon vol 1

The Candidate goddess vol 3 i has no idea what happen in vol 1 and 2 cos i didn't buy them that why

they was very good stories

javascript:emoticon(':D')

My father had a serious accident and I found myself in a News Agents staring around aimlessly when my gaze fell on a copy of Dragonball. Bought vol 1 and kept buying one each week that he stayed in the hospital. He got out after vol 20 which is the last Dragonball I've read, but the "habit" stuck ^^

my first one was gravitation..i remember we were having a doss lesson in biology and i looked over to my mate who was reading it and saw shuichi having one of his mass blood spurts..it then got shoved into my face and i've been reading manga ever since (that was bout 3yrs ago now)

Wow, this is an ancient thread. How oddly prescient my new avatar was... Azumanga being the first manga I decided to pick up after seeing the anime. I didn't get into manga until I'd been into anime for a while. I'm still not that into it TBH, my manga library is tiny compared to my anime collection.

Can't narrow it down to a single title/volume. All I remember is that I got the following from (I think a WH Smith) store in Birmingham back in the mid-late 1990s so my first manga is one of,

AD Police
Appleseed Volume 1
Crying Freeman Volume 1 - Portrait of a Killer
Crying Freeman Volume 2 - Shades of Death
Dirty Pair - Biohazard*
Dirty Pair - Dangerous Acquaintances*

* A world manga (as it's now referred to) by Toren Smith & Adam Warren

Mine would be the .Hack series, i can't remember exactly which one as im at work but the covers are green. I started Bleach and M.A.R a week afterwards and a week after that i was reading Ikki Tousen, safe to say that within 2 weeks i'd covered the basics of anime, from purely innocent to pantyshots and cheese with sword attack shouts somewhere inbetween.

Tachi said:
Mine would be the .Hack series, i can't remember exactly which one as im at work but the covers are green. I started Bleach and M.A.R a week afterwards and a week after that i was reading Ikki Tousen, safe to say that within 2 weeks i'd covered the basics of anime, from purely innocent to pantyshots and cheese with sword attack shouts somewhere inbetween.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.hack//Leg ... e_Twilight

Is this the series you are referring to?

Back