What was your first manga?

mine was full moon wo sagashite, it was so good that its made me want to read more mangas ( i only read it a few weeks ago)

Owned a few to begin with Trigun and Cowboy Bebop but the first one I actually sat down and read all the way through was VAN VON HUNTER, really enjoyed it nice bit of comedy

Love Hina.

If I had discovered it before, it would have been something else. I was told something bad about Manga, but by reading Love Hina, I was told a lie.

i thought my first manga purchase was Love Hina
but after checking my past purchases with amazon.co.uk just now, aparently it was Naruto vol 1 ! (2 Feb 2004 )

however the earliest anime dvd i bought was the special edition Akira and i bought that sometime during (end) 2002 (begining) 2003

Much like my anime viewing started with Mazinger comics in Argentina, not sure if it was real manga, but I was 5 at the time so didn't really care. Again like anime stopped for about 20 yrs uni, well juts after uni. wasn't really enamoured of manga as there was little good stuff in the country, and was into US comics. When in NZ picked up some Lone Wolf and cub, and Megatokyo.

The first Manga I read was Chrono Crusade 1. It didn't make much of an impact on me (I grew to love it over the following volumes) but I had also bought Naruto 1, and that was just a bit of good fun, I was hooked. That was a year ago, and I'd guess I have 60-70 volumes of manga now!

Akira & Appleseed - as published in Manga Mania, can't remember how many issues Akira ran over, but they're all stowed away in the loft.

Holy Hell... I can't believe I haven't posted on here yet...
Hmmm. Must have been Love Hina and Ai Yori Aoshi. (Although I liked A.Y.A, I still haven't bought vol. 2.... Wow, years of anime/manga and it's still incomplete.)

Back