What was your first manga?

KittySeras

School Idol
Errr...we proberly have had this topic already...but just to be sure...

What was your first manga?

The first manga I ever got was Chobits, I ordered them off Amazon but only Chobits volume 3 came first so I had no idea what had happened in the 1st and 2nd volume.

So what about you?

My first manga was probably Akira and Striker (A.K.A. Spriggan) as they were the ones that Manga Mania were printing when I first got involved,

First actual manga book, though? I can't remember at all, this is really bad! I'm normally good at stuff like this...

Maybe it was something like Battle Angel Alita, Gon, Fist of the North Star, Ranma 1/2 or Ironfist Chinmi? Can't... remember....... head ...... hurts!

The first Manga I read was Azumanga Daioh, sufice to say im gona av to watch the anime one day cos i still dont av a clue what the hell was going on 8)

Yu-Gi-Oh! was the first series I started collecting, way back when I didn't buy manga regularly and only picked up the occasional volume.

My first graphic novel manga purchase was Sailor Moon back in 2000 and if I remember rightly I also bought Saint Tail and Peach Girl :D

There wasn't an awful lot of choice back then, even with shounen titles. Most manga was still being released in those thin A4ish sized comics (about 1 chapter of the story per volume!). I have Princess Prince, Sailor Moon, Dragon Knights, Marmalade Boy and a few others, but I can tell you something, it was far cheaper to buy the graphic novels when they came out (Princess Prince was 13 volumes @ £2 per volume, the graphic novel was £11.95!).

First manga I bought was Chobits #1, just on a whim, but I didn't really take to it, and didn't start buying manga regularly until I discovered Fruits Basket :) .

NGE #1 and Nausicaa #1. sadly, they are so hard to track down in this country i haven't finished collecting them yet. i highly recommend them though.

Sadamoto hasn't even finished the NGE manga yet. with two controversial endings to the story already, it's understandable that he's taking his time over it. ;)

Miaka-chan said:
My first graphic novel manga purchase was Sailor Moon back in 2000 and if I remember rightly I also bought Saint Tail and Peach Girl :D

There wasn't an awful lot of choice back then, even with shounen titles. Most manga was still being released in those thin A4ish sized comics (about 1 chapter of the story per volume!). I have Princess Prince, Sailor Moon, Dragon Knights, Marmalade Boy and a few others, but I can tell you something, it was far cheaper to buy the graphic novels when they came out (Princess Prince was 13 volumes @ £2 per volume, the graphic novel was £11.95!).

I first stared buying manga with NGE in the comic-style format around 2001, then switched to the graphic novels shortly there after.

My first manga was Chobits, i think my sister was actually the one who bought it. I found the receipt for it a little while ago and it said sometime in september at about 3 o'clock, so it was about a year ago :)

My first manga was Ranma 1/2 which I randomly checked out of the library when I was about 8, purely because it had a surly looking panda on the front cover. ;)

Paranoia Agent said:
My first manga was Ranma 1/2 which I randomly checked out of the library when I was about 8, purely because it had a surly looking panda on the front cover. ;)

I did exactly the same thing! I didn't pick it out coz of the panda tho lol. It was about the time I was just discovering what anime and manga was all about and it looked the most entertaining! And now, even after all these years, Ryoga is still one of my all-time favourite characters. Sigh. I love nostalgia...

I think my first manga would of been either Oh My Goddess, Ranma 1/2 or Battle Angel Alita. Can`t remember exactly been to many years. (feels old)

Back