What was your first manga?

I can't really remember my first manga to be honest because ever since I was 5 years old (which was about 16 years ago) my dad use to buy a few mangas, then I sorta try to read it, but I don't know where the mangas are now (I think they must have been throwed away), but anyway I can clearly remember the first Manga which I brought was Sailor Moon.

Ironfist Chinmi from a school book fair when I was about 8. The whole "back to front" thing really confused me (which doesn't really take much anyway).

Then I went for about six years with nothing until I got the comic version of Dragonball Z part 4 #4.

My first Viz/Tokyopop/whatever manga volume was volume 1 of Rurouni Kenshin in the summer of '69 (or maybe 2004).

It was only about 18 months when I bought my first manga. That was GetBackers volume 1. I'm not quite sure what made me choose that series but I did and haven't regretted it. If it had been in stock my first manga (well, mawha) would have been the first volume of Digimon.

I was always interested in manga but the first books I got were Love Hina vol. 1 & 2 and .hack//Legend Of The Twilight vol.1 for my birthday.

the first i read was dragon ball, about 12 years ago when i was 7. admitantly i couldnt read it because it had been translated from japanese into chinese but my cousins explaned the story to me.

First manga, a couple of random issues of Area 88 because I knew it was what the game UN Squadron was based on. That was back in 90-91ish and it took me till a couple of years ago to track down any more of it. Twas only after that I then realised Viz never finished releasing it and the last issue isn't the last issue at all *cries*

MPD-Psycho.

I got the scanlations first, and then I bought the first six volumes of the books off ebay. I can't read Japanese, but they look great on the shelf, and I love flicking through them just for the art.

My first Manga was probably chobits, although I may have recolections of one from before that...

But for now I'll say chobits

Sailor Moon (XD)
Along with some Evangelion comics that my mum sent me from America. I need to get the graphic novels D: )And some various other comics with stuff like Utena, Seraphic Feather, Chicago, Video Girl Ai etc~

Back