What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

In the car I was just listening to an eclectic mix of JoJo sono chino sadame, Aretha Franklin and Rammstein.

I watched 'Respect' the other day, the Aretha Franklin film and it was really good.

I just gave Geordie Greep's first solo single "Holy, Holy" a listen that he released not long after announcing Black Midi's indefinite hiatus as a band.

Follow up to this post I made a month back because the album came out recently and my expectations were both met and surpassed.

The Greepster is an absolute icon in indie music at this point and this is probably gonna be one of if not my top album of the year. Highly recommend it if you enjoy Art Rock/Prog Rock music.

Greep's lyrics and storytelling capabilities are as incredible as they've ever been; his accent is as rich and captivating as always; and the project just has such a diverse range of influences that it blends together seamlessly, sounding like a mix of Masayoshi Takanaka, Steely Dan, Frank Zappa, and early King Crimson. I'm obsessed.

(And if you can't sit through the whole album, at least give The Magician a listen, best track on the album and probably one of Greep's best songs, counting both his solo work and in Black Midi.)

It's a rly great remix album, I'm usually not the biggest fan of remix albums, but wow! 🙂 xx

Great stuff,this is also a great one,cant recommend it enough,Fugazi and Wu-Tang-Clan get the remix treatment,if you are a fan of either band you are sure to find a lot to enjoy.

Another great one.

Last edited:
Back