What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

I'm listening to Rain Song by Led Zeppelin

A close family friend, it is his favourite album by Zeppelin. He isn't doing so well right now, so I'll raise a toast and listen for him

Absolutely devastated by the news. We also lost Yukihiro Takahashi earlier this year, whose work, both with YMO and as a solo artist, produced some really great music.

Sakamoto san... a true legend. I was first introduced by an old friend who listened to him a whole bunch. I always remember him when I listen for this

And then later I discover ymo, and solid state survivor, well it is dear to me because it is the official soundtrack of jazzy-san, my cat, i always remember him with this music for its playfulness!

And then later on, his work with David Sylvian, a strong favourite of mine

Thank you Sakamoto san for all of your hard work and creativity. We love you and we won't ever forget you

I'm listening to Station to Station by David Bowie, on the original 1976 vinyl

It's been a good while since I listened to this it is time to give it a go again and somehow I'm thinking my teenage self had better music taste than what I do now???

And as I'm typing this it has just now ended and I am sorry but that ending is pure garbage how can it end like that!?!?!!/! Really not sure

its gonna be xtc now

Last edited:
I'm moving my post that I had posted 3 days ago in the "What are you guys doing right now" thread over to this one, as it will be in the more correct thread...

Gioli and Assia released a new Youtube video recently which is pretty awesome - a live sunrise performance from inside the Temple of Segesta, an ancient Greek temple located in the west part of Sicily, where they both are from. This is an excellent DJ set by a lesbian couple who perform many live video concerts on YouTube and also tour around the world. My friend and I and the next door neighbor couple had purchased tickets to go see them live at a Club in Washington DC two years ago, but my friend and I had to cancel out because we were both going through our bouts with cancer, so only the neighbor couple got to see them in person. 😟

Gioli is very talented and not just deejays the music but actually plays the handpan, piano and keyboards, drum kits and drum pads, accoustic guitar, and even a cello in their videos. Assia is the live singer during their performances. This video starts in the dark of early morning with a surprisingly good light show swirling around the temple's pillars, and then as the sun rises, the drone video coverage kicks in and gets pretty lively, snaking between the pillars of the temple and down into the gorge behind the temple - the drone pilot must have been having a grand old time!

Shikisai - riria. (Bubble OST) I cannot stop listening to this, it is just sooo beautiful OMG!

Great track, I'd completely forgotten Sawano did this one's soundtrack. I enjoyed this and even if overall it wasn't that memorable, the parkour scenes and visuals were fantastic. This track also reminded me of what was easily my favourite, gloriously victorious scene in the movie and the music that matched it perfectly:

Great track, I'd completely forgotten Sawano did this one's soundtrack. I enjoyed this and even if overall it wasn't that memorable, the parkour scenes and visuals were fantastic. This track also reminded me of what was easily my favourite, gloriously victorious scene in the movie and the music that matched it perfectly:

I honestly adored Bubble from start to finish, speaking as someone who's

seen a considerable number of animated versions of The Little Mermaid (Disney 1989, Readers Digest, Soyuzmultfilm in original Russian with English subtitles and Ponyo plus I think most or all of that Toei feature-length anime of it) and read more than one English translation of the original fairytale, I was pretty impressed by how they adapted it here and I particularly loved the way they put across why Uta/The Little Mermaid made the choice she did at the end

Last edited:
I honestly adored Bubble from start to finish, speaking as someone who's

seen a considerable number of animated versions of The Little Mermaid (Disney, Readers Digest, Soyuzmultfilm in original Russian with English subtitles and Ponyo plus I think most or all of that Toei feature-length anime of it) and read more than one English translation of the original fairytale, I was pretty impressed by how they adapted it here and I particularly loved the way they put across why Uta/The Little Mermaid made the choice she did at the end

I agree and liked the direction they went in relation to the original story. On paper I should've loved it but probably didn't get as enamoured with the characters as I could have. For me it's the usual balance of using a movie's limited runtime for impressive action/visual sequences and story/character development. Nonetheless, I certainly enjoyed it and would happily buy the blu ray if one was ever released on our shores.

Back