What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

After avoiding The Smiths for a very long time because of Morrissey I feel like after today's news about Andy I am getting a free pass to go ahead and he was my second ever person to say is my favourite bassist so NOT just riding the grief train (just a bit) ((first is Chris Squire))

AND my uncle has let me have all his old records that he took very good care of. he has a LOT of Smiths, nearly everything actually. So it's quite nice to hear after so long

After avoiding The Smiths for a very long time because of Morrissey I feel like after today's news about Andy I am getting a free pass to go ahead and he was my second ever person to say is my favourite bassist so NOT just riding the grief train (just a bit) ((first is Chris Squire))

AND my uncle has let me have all his old records that he took very good care of. he has a LOT of Smiths, nearly everything actually. So it's quite nice to hear after so long
I don't get this about not listening to band just because they not nice people I mean I still listen to pantera same goes for Rammstein even though the allegations yet to be proven.

I don't get this about not listening to band just because they not nice people I mean I still listen to pantera same goes for Rammstein even though the allegations yet to be proven.
Well it leaves a bit of a distaste when you know for a fact what you are listening to is from somebody you fundamentally disagree with

Morrissey is very outspoken in his views and it is clear

Pantera is a bit similar but he has only said some ******** one time and has since expressed his regret for that moment

Rammstein are on the record for saying they are firmly not right wing and are in fact leftists. I am a big Rammstein fan and they one of those bands that investigate the horrors of humanity through poetry and place themselves as the force of evil in their song as a way of exploring and criticizing such things

Lately I have been listening to just The Cure, Seventeen Seconds

At this moment I listen to this

Well it leaves a bit of a distaste when you know for a fact what you are listening to is from somebody you fundamentally disagree with

Morrissey is very outspoken in his views and it is clear

Pantera is a bit similar but he has only said some ******** one time and has since expressed his regret for that moment

Rammstein are on the record for saying they are firmly not right wing and are in fact leftists. I am a big Rammstein fan and they one of those bands that investigate the horrors of humanity through poetry and place themselves as the force of evil in their song as a way of exploring and criticizing such things

Lately I have been listening to just The Cure, Seventeen Seconds

At this moment I listen to this

If the allegations that have been made about till lindeman turn out to be true then Rammstein days are numbered. I know Rammstein is left leaning.

Last edited:
Atm I'm listening to a lot of legally free music that I have downloaded since 2009 (as in stuff from websites like Jamendo, various forms of free for non-commercial/private use and copyleft etc.), so I will try to post links to what I consider to be the cream of the crop every now and then, here is the first lot (audio (not video) links in spoiler tag for ease of phone browsing etc.):

Rennes le Chateau (the titular track, haven't heard the unreleased untitled track that is also included on Bandcamp) by Squadra Omega and Luna by Anitek are long term favourites of mine but I did listen to them again recently so I'm putting them on this list anyway :)

Some ones I can no longer find online but still recommend:

Darkjet - EZ Listening for Suicides

Sleep Shy - Galapagos Inn (though I think you can purchase or stream it on Amazon.com/Amazon US)

I also listened to (or tried then gave up partway through and deleted!) about 10 other albums so far give or take, but these are the highlights for me :)

Last edited:
at work I was doing nothing -
"what are you doing?"
"i am listening to Kylie Minogue's sixth album, Impossible Princess"

somehow got away with this and nothing further was said

right now is this

I love Cowboy Style and Say Hey off that album - they made it onto my uhh "intimate activities" playlist, shall we say XP

Very saddened to hear of Sinead O Connor's passing, have been listening to:

and

today (with my PA who was a really big fan) ^^

All this chat of After the Rain as the mvm deal of the week, I had just so happened to be listening to this lovely instrumental version of Ref:rain from its closing credits, which in themselves are a thing of beauty, perfectly summarizing the theme of the show.

The Virgin Suicides OST - I'm not sure what I think of the film, which I have only seen once (specifically regarding whether it engages in the same sexualisation of teenagers that the book it's based on, from what I hear, seeks to satirize and critique) but the music is AMAZING and I first listened to it long before actually getting around to watching the film.

Back