What Music are you listening to? Discussions Welcome!

Been listening to the new Sum 41 album today. Really enjoying it, bar a couple of slow songs it's all up tempo, energetic angsty punk.

Recently bought Hatchie's EP and new LP. Some great Dream Pop/Shoegaze stuff. Hatchie is the solo project of little known Brisbane band Babaganoüj's bassist Harriette Pillbeam. Hatchie seems to far more of a success, so I suspect she'll leave the band eventually.

Progressive metal band TOOL is back with their brand new single for the first time in over 12 years.

Fear Inoculum to me, is like taking the vocal style of A Perfect Circle's latest album and combine it with the instrumental style of Tool. It's 10 minutes long but it builds up to be rather satisfying and for that I don't want to constantly listen to it because otherwise it would put me off (it's the thing about finding new music that suits your taste, you listen to it so much that you don't want to listen to it anymore).

Progressive metal band TOOL is back with their brand new single for the first time in over 12 years.

Fear Inoculum to me, is like taking the vocal style of A Perfect Circle's latest album and combine it with the instrumental style of Tool. It's 10 minutes long but it builds up to be rather satisfying and for that I don't want to constantly listen to it because otherwise it would put me off (it's the thing about finding new music that suits your taste, you listen to it so much that you don't want to listen to it anymore).
I enjoyed the song and am looking forward to the new album and what it’ll bring.

New Slipknot album We Are Not Your Kind. It's awesome so far (about 2/3 way through) far more experiment than I was expecting this time. Perhaps not as heavy as I was expecting. But when its heavy its heavy and uses more wierd and experimental parts to distinguish itself.

Out today. The Vinland Saga ED Torches by Aimer:

The OP's due out next week and both Survive Said The Prophet's songs from Banana Fish are on Spotify, so hopefully this one will be too.

The new Knocked Loose album A Different Shade of Blue. Absolute monster of a hardcore album! Relentless and savage.

Yes
Yes yes
Yes yes yes
Yes yes yes yes
Yes yes yes yes yes

Pretty sure these weren't there the last time I checked. Now we need the movie soundtrack by Kenji Kawai (although I have that on CD)
Also The Seatbelts / Cowboy Bebop OSTs would be nice (again I have the first one on CD)

I’ve regularly found myself listening to Bryan Ferry’s 1985 album Boys and Girls lately. It’s a great album that a lot of talented musicians were involved with like Mark Knopfler, Nile Rodgers and David Gilmour.

Back