What manga are you reading now?

Now up to volume 8.5 of Invaders of the Rokujouma!? which, confusingly, comes before volume 8 (7.5 and 8.5 are a story set in another time and place, where Koutarou becomes a legend). Really enjoying this series. The anime only went up to somewhere round volume 6-7, so this is all new territory.

So glad you're loving this one; I'm a huge fan. Have you tried her Go with the Clouds, North-by-Northwest ? It's not yet finished, though.

Not yet, I will look into that one, is it available in English as physical books? :)

Tales of the Kingdom Volume 5 (Hardcover) - Still a beautiful, darkly unsettling series :)

Blood on the Tracks Volume 17 COMPLETE - Glad to finally finish this, first half a bit stronger than the second but I'm glad I stuck with it for all it's flaws :)

This Winter: A Heartstopper Novella (Hardcover) - Lovely short book about Nick and Charlie's Christmas, with their respective families and each other, I have Nick & Charlie in Hardcover too but I think I'll wait to read that until I've read Volume 6 (yet to be released) of the main graphic novel series as it takes place in Year 3 of the timeline, like Volume 6 does :)

Just looked it up (Go with the Clouds, North-By-Northwest) and it turns out it is, I will pick that one up at some point, I remember reading about it on Wikipedia a while ago :)
The Vertical physical editions are really nice to own; they have a mottled, slightly raised texture in the card used for the covers and the back covers have exquisite little drawings of objects and their names in Icelandic. There's also a nicely understated element of magic realism in the story that's very effectively done. :)

The Vertical physical editions are really nice to own; they have a mottled, slightly raised texture in the card used for the covers and the back covers have exquisite little drawings of objects and their names in Icelandic. There's also a nicely understated element of magic realism in the story that's very effectively done. :)

1727555921539.png

😅 ;) 🥰 :D

(Seriously they sound great, but I won't buy them just yet, budgeting and all that!) :)

Chainsaw man 5. Every so often me and the child go into Oxford to Blackwells Sci-Fi, Fantasy and Manga shop and get the next installment of one of the series we are reading through.
I liked the book, he is a teenager so found some of it excruciating (romantic section lol)
We will never not LOVE the artwork, I find myself staring at it for ages

Daytime Shooting Star Volume 3 - I really like this, so far it is an excellent shoujo romance manga and I really enjoy some of the more artistic layouts of the pages, I will likely check out another series by Mika Yamamori at some point after I finish this one :)

Maria the Virgin Witch: Exhibition - Lovely short story collection, it's been a few years since I finished the three volumes of the main series, but this was a lot of fun and reminded me why I got so into that in the first place, I've not actually seen the anime just read the manga, but the manga does have a very cool artstyle and I enjoy the revealing outfits too, a little sad there isn't more of this one actually :)

Daytime Shooting Star Volume 3 - I really like this, so far it is an excellent shoujo romance manga and I really enjoy some of the more artistic layouts of the pages, I will likely check out another series by Mika Yamamori at some point after I finish this one :)

Definitely check out In the Clear Moonlit Dusk if you've been enjoying that one. Tsubaki-chou is fantastic as well but does have an age-gap romance similar to Daytime 😅

I've just finished The Eminence in Shadow volume 4.
It's the light novel not a manga.
I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.
First LN I've read.
I particularly like the extra emphasis on the disconnect between what Cid is up to and what Shadow Garden are doing and vice versa.

Back