What manga are you reading now?

Loveless Volume 13 - I did enjoy this a lot, I hope Yun Kouga is ok and finishes the story properly in the end :)
I too would love - would have loved - her to finish Loveless but I have reconciled myself to the probability that - as with X 1999 and CLAMP - it's never going to happen. The moment passed. The anime of Loveless came out in 2005 (gulp!) and I suspect that, as with so many other manga turned into anime before their conclusion, the mangaka just kind-of lost interest or turned to other projects. In Kouga-sensei's case, she was chosen for Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and that completely took over her life!

I too would love - would have loved - her to finish Loveless but I have reconciled myself to the probability that - as with X 1999 and CLAMP - it's never going to happen. The moment passed. The anime of Loveless came out in 2005 (gulp!) and I suspect that, as with so many other manga turned into anime before their conclusion, the mangaka just kind-of lost interest or turned to other projects. In Kouga-sensei's case, she was chosen for Mobile Suit Gundam 00 and that completely took over her life!

You're almost certainly correct unfortunately, and have reminded me that I still need to read X/1999! Are there any completed series by her that you'd recommend to someone like me who adored Loveless? :)

Sistersong - Lucy Holland - Robyn Holdaway (Audible Audiobook) - Def worth a listen, I see the point of criticisms made by some that these characters are very modern in their thinking in a way that is likely not really authentic, but I did really enjoy this anyway, the writing style was beautiful and the story and characters compelling, I am not sure if this is classed as YA fiction or not but it avoided many of the more grating tropes used by some lesser YA books, and I also liked that having three main characters who tell different chapters from their POV provided a range of perspectives and helped keep the book away from just having one female character archetype at it's center, I also thought the narration was of a high standard, and appreciated the trans man rep :)

You're almost certainly correct unfortunately, and have reminded me that I still need to read X/1999! Are there any completed series by her that you'd recommend to someone like me who adored Loveless? :)

I recommend Earthian which still seems to be available in digital and predates Loveless. Only four volumes, and counts as one of the earlier BL titles to make it into official English translation and the art (although of its time) is very lovely. Crown of Love still seems to also be available in digital (also 4 volumes but very different). Akuma no Riddle : Riddle Story of Devil (her most recent series, I think) still seems to be available from Seven Seas but I confess I'm not sure if it is complete! (The same issue as Loveless - a successful anime...)

'At long last--the final chapter of Haru and Tokaku's tale has arrived!' Blurb for Volume 5 of Akuma no Riddle! So I was unfair in suggesting it might not be complete... 😅

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 163 - 164

Hajimete no Gal ch 184 - 185

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 106.1 - 106.4

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 313 - 314

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World ch 87

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 120

The Princess Knight is a Classmate! ch 65 - 66

Wise Man's Granchild ch 83

I read a script for a feature film that one of my best friends wrote, it was pretty neat, 122 pages long, reminded me a fair bit of the style of Derek Kirk Kim in works like Tune :)

I am now listening to Minecraft: The Island, as read by Jack Black, very good so far, I've got about 3 hours and 12 minutes left to go :)

Back