What manga are you reading now?

vol 15 of The Royal Tutor
vol 27 of D.Gray-man ...every time I get a new volume I feel I have to read the series from the beginning as there's a long wait between volumes
vol 2 of Don't Be Cruel Plus+ (yaoi)

Chobits vol 8 (complete)
Not quite sure I "got" the ending.
Chi found the 'one only for her' and Hideki replied that he loved her too. I thought that was going to be the trigger for something to happen to all the Persacoms, but then the "other" Chi pops up and says "by the way you can't f*** because that will reset her" and Hideki says "fine I won't" and that's it?
Suppose you could take away the message that love is all that matters and you can love who and what you want, but after all the build up of something dramatic happening when she found the one for her it felt a bit flat as an ending.
And what was with the "agent" type Persacoms? They did absolutely nothing, bar sit on roof tops and then just watched at the end.
The characters were mostly interesting apart from Hideki himself who is probably meant to be a bit of blank slate for the reader to put themselves in his place, and Sumomo who is somehow even more annoying than I remember from the anime. Apart from her the comedy moments were quite funny. The best were Yumi and Ueda-san and their stories.
The art is very nice though and quite erotic in some panels!
Score is the same as the anime:
7/10

Kaiju No 8
This series has a great concept and is genuinely funny in places. It also has fantastic monster designs, Kafka's monster form (the titular Kaiju No 8 is particularly inspired) and good characters. Quite intrigued to see where it's going. Been reading on the Shonen Jump app but I think I'll pick up the physical ones later this year when it comes out in print.

Now I have finished Chobits time to catch up on some of the ongoing manga:

Yuru Camp vol 10
Backyard camping and the start of a trip to Ooi River plus the special chapter of the Yamaha ad.

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro vol 8
Onee-chan!

Farewell to My Alter
A solid collection of short stories from Nio Nakatani (Bloom Into You). The titular story is probably the highlight, concerning identical twins and what happens when one of them dies.

Perfect World vol 1
An interesting josei romance. A woman is reunited with her unrequited high school crush years later, only to find that he's now paralysed from the waist down. As her feelings for him reawaken, she struggles with whether she's strong enough to enter a relationship with someone in a wheelchair. The story pulls no punches with the medical complications that can plague people with spinal cord injuries.

I just finished Time Paradox Ghostwriter. It was only two volumes (it was cancelled) and it was really enjoyable. The art was great, the story was original and I was satisfied with the ending (especially considering the cancellation).

Last edited:
Nice to see another fan of Time Paradox Ghostwriter! I loved the series when it was running and likewise I’m fairly satisfied by the ending given the circumstances. :)

Nice to see another fan of Time Paradox Ghostwriter! I loved the series when it was running and likewise I’m fairly satisfied by the ending given the circumstances. :)
I'm usually a bit oblivious about new/currently running manga series, so I only found out it even existed yesterday! 😅 I was looking for some short series to read and TPG caught my eye. I usually take ages to finish anything (even something as relatively short as this) - so it must have been a good story for me to get through it so quickly!

Jealousy #4 by Scarlet Beriko SuBLime
Given #6 by Natsumi Kizu SuBLime
Black or White #1 by Sachimo SuBLime - all three in digital format because I pre-ordered the print copies months ago as you're s'posed to do but they're still nowhere to be seen and publication day has come and gone. All three well worth getting in both versions, especially as SuBLime's digital copies are very good value!
And from Kodansha digital-only, two cute BLs:
Turns Out My Online Friend is My Real-Life Boss! by Nmura
We're On Our Own From Here by Yu Machio

Last edited:
Given #6 by Natsumi Kizu SuBLime

I hope I can get a copy of Given physically at some point as well, volume 4 and 5 kept selling out before I could get them - although local stores came through in the end! Hopefully Sublime increase the print runs for the series going forward…

Turns Out My Online Friend is My Real-Life Boss! by Nmura

We're On Our Own From Here by Yu Machio

How was We’re On Our Own From here? I ended up picking up Turns Out My Online Friend instead this week and very much enjoyed it (although the romance did feel somewhat forgotten and then abruptly brought back toward the end!), but I’m still interested in the other should it have proved worth a read. :)

How was We’re On Our Own From here? I ended up picking up Turns Out My Online Friend instead this week and very much enjoyed it (although the romance did feel somewhat forgotten and then abruptly brought back toward the end!), but I’m still interested in the other should it have proved worth a read. :)
@Demelza: I haven't quite finished We're on Our Own From Here yet but I can certainly recommend it from what I've read so far; it's taking a very familiar situation in high school BL and dealing with it in a slightly different way, which is refreshing!

And I'm glad you enjoyed Turns Out My Online Friend too (I had a feeling you might like it!) I agree about the plot, though; think the online short chapter format that we're seeing such a lot at the moment (pixiv) doesn't always work so well when it comes to developing a longer story - but I forgave it because it was so 'Lololol'... :)

My fingers are crossed for us both eventually getting our print copies of Given #6 - I suspect the paper shortages are still proving a problem (I haven't seen Editor Jen posting in several weeks either which is unusual as she usually gives updates),

@Demelza: I haven't quite finished We're on Our Own From Here yet but I can certainly recommend it from what I've read so far; it's taking a very familiar situation in high school BL and dealing with it in a slightly different way, which is refreshing!

Sounds good! I'll definitely pick it up and give it a read as well then. :)

And I'm glad you enjoyed Turns Out My Online Friend too (I had a feeling you might like it!) I agree about the plot, though; think the online short chapter format that we're seeing such a lot at the moment (pixiv) doesn't always work so well when it comes to developing a longer story - but I forgave it because it was so 'Lololol'... :)

Yeah, I admit I forgave it re my minor niggles with the romance progression given it was otherwise so much fun to read. It does make me wonder if it was the author or an editor who hurriedly pointed out it needed resolving before the end. Definitely one of the most satisfying single-volume stories I've read in the genre for a while though, so highly recommendable to others looking for something like this. :)

@Demelza: Having just finished We're On Our Own From Here, I think it's definitely worth reading. The mangaka has, it seems, only published two single volume titles so far but I think she's promising. Most of all, I hope Kodansha will continue to bring out new BL titles in a more consistent way; now that they've caught up (just about) with Japan with 10 Dance and Hitorijime, it'd be good to see them commit to another BL mangaka or two. (Or three etc.) 😅

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 52 - 53

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 149 - 151

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 195 - 197

KissxSis ch 149

[New Life+] Young Again in Another World ch 48.1 - 48.2

Special training in the Secret Dungeon ch 57 - 58

Tsugumomo ch 141

Saki The Succubus Hungers Tonight Vol 5 (complete)
A fairly sweet story that's basically hentai with plot, but with the genitalia left completely blank and until the end, no sex! The girls were cute, maybe a little too top heavy for my liking, but the action was pretty hot nonetheless. The MC wasn't quite the usual hentai trope (neither the stud taking charge or the wimp being taken charge of), but fairly realistic (apart from the bit where he rescues a girl who turns out to be a Succubus and needs his "essence" to feed on), he even suffers from impotence when it comes to perform the main deed, which was interesting. But he wasn't that charismatic, so was a bit bland.
Art was quite nice.
6/10

Back