What manga are you reading now?

My Youth Romantic Comedy Is Wrong As Expected volume 3 (LN)
DN Angel volumes 4-5 (JP)
The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten volume 1 (LN)
Pretty Boy Detective Club volume 2 (LN)
Those Not-So-Sweet Boys volume 1 - from the author behind That Wolf Boy is Mine and Love in Focus! A fairly sweet story with a likeable cast of characters so far. Not very original but certainly enjoyable enough for me to continue reading for at least another volume.

Saki The Succubus Hungers Tonight Vol 1
Saki just wants to be a normal girl, but she's descended from succubi, so men "react" when she hasn't had any "essence" for a while.
It's basically a hentai plot with a the twist that they are trying not to have sex! The art is very ecchi.
Seems like it could be a fun rom-com.

Saki The Succubus Hungers Tonight Vol 1
Saki just wants to be a normal girl, but she's descended from succubi, so men "react" when she hasn't had any "essence" for a while.
It's basically a hentai plot with a the twist that they are trying not to have sex! The art is very ecchi.
Seems like it could be a fun rom-com.

This is reminding me that I really wanna rewatch Interviews With Monster Girls XP

The Seven Deadly Sins Chapters 329-346 Complete
The Heroic Legend of Arslan Chapters 77-91
Attack on Titan Chapters 129-137

And that's the Kodansha blacklog, Edens Zero was also going to be on her but being only 50 odd chapters in when I stopped reading weekly I'm just going to start over. I was reading all of these on the CR Manga app until that up and died, so I've had to find somewhere else to read them.

Decided to try and make a dent in my backlog.

Physical
Komi Can't Communicate vol 6-9
A tropical fish yearn for snow vol 5
Kimi ga Shinu made Koi wo Shitai vol 2

Sickness Unto Death vol 2 (complete)
Eh... first volume was quite intriguing, but the second volume didn't really have the same feeling. I see what it tried to do, but didn't really work in my opinion.

MachiMahou vol 1-3 (dropped)
Probably going to drop this. The premise sounded interesting, but it isn't really used well. While the second and third volume did progressively get a bit better, I still found the story shallow and didn't really care for any of the characters.

You Shine in the Moonlight vol 1 (on-hold)
Was a blind buy. Didn't expect the title to be literal and also didn't know it was based on a novel. Seems like a story that works better in written form, so I decided to pick up the novel, but thus far the manga seemed to be surprisingly faithful.

Luminous=Blue vol 1-2 (complete)
Some nice ideas, but the execution felt a bit messy. Totally didn't see that ending coming, and perhaps the messy nature actually helped in this case, as for some reason I think it actually sort of worked.

Digital (MANGA Plus)
Summer time rendering chapters 67-139 (complete)
Used to read it weekly, but decided to wait till some more chapters were out to bulk read and before I knew it, it had ended 😅. Got considerably weaker near the end, but not to the extent that it ruined it. Actually looking forward how they adapt it to an anime.

SPY x FAMILY chapters 20-40
Hell's Paradise chapters 57-67

A Story About Treating a Female Knight, Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman, as a Woman ch 127 - 128

Houkago no Goumon ch 72

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 170 - 173

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 142.1 - 142.2

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou ch 60 - 62

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 604 - 605

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch 140

O Maiden's in your Savage Seasons volume 8 (complete) - Sad to see the end of this one given how much fun the cast are, but just like the anime it was a highly satisfying ending. But more on that in the future...

The Dark History of the Reincarnated Villainess volume 1
Our Crappy Social Game Club is Gonna Make the Most Epic Game volume 2 (LN) - Not been another volume in Japan for a bit, so worried this might be cancelled already...

The High School Necromancer Black Cloak (one-shot)
How Do You Do, Koharu? volume 1 - A sort of spin-off/sequel to Say I Love You! Koharu is Yamato's little sister from SILY, which was a huge surprise to me and has made me infinitely more interested in the series (although I was enjoying it either way).

Holmes of Kyoto volume 4 (LN)
Days of Fes volume 1

Sword Art Online (Light Novel) Vol. 8

It’s interesting how different some of the side stories are from how they are tackled in the anime. Strangely, I marked this volume as my last before taking a break for a while to read some other stuff before jumping into the Alicization story arc but uhhh I ended up setting this down around November and here we are in February, after finishing the last 3 chapters or so yesterday lol. Still going to stick to that and read other LNs, got 86 to check out, Berserk of Gluttony looks interesting too.

I’m open to suggestions on good LNs as I’m still pretty new to them, having mainly read manga up till last year.

I recently finished reading Jiro Taniguchi’s A Journal of My Father for review. It was a great read, well-worth checking out!

Saki the Succubus Hungers Tonight Vol 2
The new housemates settle into their new life. It's a bit like Helpful Fox Senko-san in that she helps with cooking and stuff that helps after a days work, but a lot lot more ecchi in that he gives her a helping hand too 😏

Physical
You Shine in the Moonlight [Novel] (complete)
You Shine in the Moonlight [Manga] vol 2 (complete)
It ends roughly how you'd expect it based on the premise, but nevertheless I really enjoyed it. An interesting cast of characters and some interesting themes on top of an otherwise predictable and standard story, but just well executed. The manga does start cutting small parts from the novel, so it's definitely not as faithful as the first volume was, but a proper adaptation nevertheless. Though personally I think this type of story lends itself better in written form.

A tropical fish yearn for snow vol 6
Got the feeling it was effectively going to repeat the character conflicts/standings of vol 2-3, but luckily this wasn't the case and the story really picked up. This is IMO the best volume to date and I can't wait for the next volume.

I sold my life for ten thousand yen per year [Manga] vol 1-3 (complete)
Plays with an interesting concept of how much a life is worth. I didn't really like the first two volumes all that much. The third volume, however, was well worth the read. The overall story is pretty weak and I have plenty of problems with it. But there are some interesting concepts explored that work pretty well on their own, it's just that the rest of the story tries to glue those together in a way that I can only describe as "it works, sort of".

Opus ("complete")

Digital (MANGA Plus)
Hell's Paradise chapters 68-100
Monster #8 chapters 1-27
i tell c chapters 1-4
WITCH WATCH chapters 1-3
SPY x FAMILY chapter 41
Spirit Photographer Saburo Kono one-shot (complete)

A Story About Treating a Female Knight, Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman, as a Woman ch 129

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 49 - 50

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 76

Hajimete no Gal ch 117

Humans are the Strongest Race ~Starting a Slow Life with an Elf Wife in a Different World~ ch 51, 52, 53

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 606

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 81

The Honor Student's Secret Job ch 31

Back