What manga are you reading now?

Konosuba volume 13 (LN)
The Cat Proposed (complete) - Saw quite a few people on my twitter timeline picking this up and I've read and enjoyed some of the authors works thanks to Futekiya, so figured I'd give this one a shot. It's a very sweet story so I'm glad I picked it up! :)

A Couple of Cuckoos volume 3
We Swore to Meet in the Next Life and That's When Things Got Weird! volume 2
The Combat Baker and Automation Waitress volume 10 (LN, complete)
Super Hxeros volume 1
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World volume 2 (LN)

Tearmoon Empire volume 4 (LN)
The Tales of Marielle Clarac volume 6 (LN)
Are You Okay With a Slightly Older Girlfriend? volume 2 (LN)
Daytime Shooting Star volume 11 - next one will be the last! I hope everyone ends up happy...
Queen's Quality volume 11
Can I Buy Your Love from a Vending Machine? (complete)

A Story About Treating a Female Knight, Who Has Never Been Treated as a Woman, as a Woman ch 131 (Complete)

Asmodeus Will not Give Up ch 40 - 44

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 77

Houkago no Goumon ch 73 - 75

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 174 - 175

Miss Caretaker of Sunohara-sou ch 63 - 66

Special training in the Secret Dungeon ch 45, 46, 46.5

Seitokai Yakuindomo ch 607 - 608

Slave Harem in the Labyrinth of the Other World ch 46

Youkai Shoujo - Monsuga ch 141

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? ch 96 - 98

Wise Man's Granchild ch 57

Haru's Curse

Read the review on the site, and even though I dont normally read this sort of manga it sounded pretty interesting. It's also short which made it easy to just try out.

It was very good. Maybe it's because I've just seen WandaVision that also deals with grief and guilt but I was immediately drawn into their situation. Natsumi is instantly engaging and likeable even though shes full of questions about herself. And though Togo starts as a boring closed book by the end, he too, has become an interesting character in his own right.

Its actually a shame it's so short as I'd want to see the next part of their life which as they say in the manga isnt going to be easy for them but it does sound fun.

Flying Witch volume 8

The Devotion of Suspect X (novel) - Had this one in the to be read pile for a couple of years. A very different style of novel to The Miracles of the Namiya General Store (which is the first Keigo Higashino book I read), but this is what he's known for. I really enjoyed reading it and unravelling the mystery, enough so that between it and Namiya I want to buy and read the rest of Higashino's works. It's just a shame that Naoko seems to be out of print now while everything else that has made it to English is still available. The joys and pains of discovering a new author you like I suppose...

A Witch's Printing Office volume 2
The Apothecary Diaries volume 2
Slayers volume 7 (LN)
My Hero Academia: Team Up Missions volume 1
The Ideal Sponger Life volume 2 (LN)
Der Werwolf volume 11 (LN)

Lots of volume 2's over the last couple of days! 😅

Don't Toy With Me, Miss Nagatoro-san vols 4 & 5
Senpai Strikes Back.
Some of the funniest moments so far as Senpai starts to grow a bit of a back bone.
You can tell that the mangaka started in hentai. Nagatoro's design is a bit of a giveaway, but these 2 vols had a lot of fetishes: swimsuit, gym kit (showing tanlines from said swimsuit) and cat girl cosplay.

I Cannot Reach You volume 1 (reread) - Picked this up in English after I read the Japanese version awhile back. Very attractive release from Yen Press, complete with colour pages. I really like the two main characters so will be keeping up with this one - but maybe just in English and less double dipping lol.

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess volume 8
Flying Witch volume 9
Sword Art Online volume 21 (LN)

Coyote #3 by Ranmaru Zariya SuBLime - the art is amazing, as ever, in this BL urban werewolf story - and this mangaka also knows how to create convincing characters and tell a good story. Recommended.
Katakoi Lamp by Kyohei Azumi Tokyopop

Humans are the Strongest Race ~Starting a Slow Life with an Elf Wife in a Different World~ ch 54, 55, 56

Houkago no Goumon ch 76

In Another World With My Smartphone ch 53

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 176

KissxSis ch 146

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou ch 71

[New Life+] Young Again in Another World ch 45.1 & 45.2

Special training in the Secret Dungeon ch 47

Digital (MANGA Plus)
WITCH WATCH chapters 4-6
Monster #8 chapters 27-28
i tell c chapters 5-7
Pacing seems a bit fast and it got quite meta. Curious how it develops, but can't say I'm sold on it yet.
SPY x FAMILY chapter 42
Phantom Seer chapters 6-10

Back