What manga are you reading now?

Golden Kamuy 10
The Girl from the Other Side 5
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody 8 (light novel)

Amagi Brilliant Park 1 (light novel)

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 21

I, a Demon Lord, took a Slave Elf as my Wife, but how do I Love Her? ch 14

Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs ch 167

Last edited:
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! (Light Novel) - Chapters 3-4 (via Vol. 1 ~ Volume Completed)

It's really interesting to see the differences between the light novel source material and the anime adaptation. For the most part, the content is identical, but one section wasn't properly covered in the anime adaptation (and instead reduced to a flashback in Season 1 Episode 8). Season 1 Episodes 1-6 for the most part are adapted as you would expect from this volume.

I don't have Volume 2 but I'll see to it at some point.
Another - 21 chapters, 2 volumes [series finalised]
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You Have a Ringer) - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Interlude), 1 volume
Goblin Slayer - 13 chapters (+ 4 Interludes), 1 volume
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Extra Story), 1 volume
How NOT to Summon a Demon Lord - 3 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
In Another World With My Smartphone - 4 chapters (+ Prologue/2 Interludes) , 1 volume
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon? - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! - 4 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume [on-hold]
OVERLORD - 9 chapters (+ 2 Prologues/2 Epilogues), 2 volumes
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Saga of Tanya the Evil - 5 chapters (+ Prologue), 1 volume

Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Sword Oratoria volume 9 (light novel)

Witch Hat Atelier volume 1

My Servants and I (complete)

Komi Can't Communicate volume 1

Vampire Knight: Memories volume 3

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Light Novel) - Chapter 1 (via Vol. 1)

So I was really excited to check out this light novel after the trainwreck of a first impression that the anime had given me. And upon reading the prologue and first chapter, there is so much stuff that was cut out. Like all of this would have been fine for the first episode alone.

To summarise, here is what was cut from the anime's first episode (and presumably the rest of the series):
  • Prologue:
    • The introduction of the classmates.
    • How the classmates got into the fantasy world.
  • Chapter 1:
    • How Hajime was treated by his classmates throughout.
    • The priests going over their world's situation.
    • The semi-introduction of the royal family (very brief but adds to how even the fantasy characters like Kaori).
    • Classmates' stats and what jobs they were given. The reactions afterward.
    • Hajime studying in the library and monologuing about the demi-humans.
    • Training segments, including more instances of Hajime treatment by his classmates.
    • The Labyrinth entrance, and the first 20 floors (well more so primarily the 20th floor).
    • More coverage over the person that is responsible for targeting Hajime; from spying on the Inn discussion to the moment that he takes the shot against him.
    • The post-battle scene, with Kaori in shock and eventually being knocked out by the captain.
    • The post-labyrinth scene (this particular one will very likely be covered in episode 2 because it's quite integral to the story).

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Read 1 chapter (+ Prologue) / 4 chapters (+ Epilogue/Extra/Bonus), 1 volume
Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Defeating the Demon Lord's a Cinch (If You Have a Ringer) - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Interlude), 1 volume
How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Extra Story), 1 volume
In Another World With My Smartphone - 4 chapters (+ Prologue/2 Interludes) , 1 volume
Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls In a Dungeon? - 6 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! - Read 4 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume [on-hold]
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World- - 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest (Light Novel) - Chapters 2-5 (via Vol. 1 ~ Volume Completed)

I read chapters 2 & 3 yesterday, followed by chapters 4, 5, epilogue, extra chapter and the short stories today.

I really like this series and my only gripe is primarily with Yue's character during chapter 5. Outside of that, I want to read more.

Arifureta: From Commonplace to World's Strongest - Read 5 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue/Extra/Bonus), 1 volume [on-hold]
Konosuba: God's Blessing on This Wonderful World! - Read 4 chapters (+ Prologue/Epilogue), 1 volume [on-hold]

Finished My Hero Academia: School Briefs 1

If you're a fan of the show then you'll enjoy this. 5 short stories that span over a few days. The start has a little recap to let you know where in the series it takes place and then each story focuses on a different character or characters so most peoples favourites should get a moment to shine!

Back