What manga are you reading now?

ilmaestro said:
Who are those two characters, Rui?

Niizuma and Hiramaru :D I love them! The whole series seems stuffed with characters who are far more interesting than they should be when drawn deliberately to look plain or freaky.

R

Ah, good, Niizuma is easily my favorite character. It's a simple thing, but making him still be a good guy despite still feeling like the "edgy" main supporting character was a great choice.

Higurashi: Demon Exposing Arc

Just finished reading this, and what can I say, it was absolutely brilliant. After playing Someutsushi hen and Kageboshi Hen, I had a vague understanding what was happening, but after reading the manga, good to see what I though happened, did happened. Also Natsume <3

It sure was, I guess the manga is also ace too, though, was just wondering if one was worth it if you've already seen/read the other.

I've taken to reading before bed again which is quite nice. Started with something lightweight in High School Girls and I'll likely move onto the Haruhi novels tonight. I bought them when they were originally released but only really read the first so I'm looking forward to getting stuck in from the beginning.

Arpeggio of Blue Steel

A series about naval warfare between famous battleships and submarines that fire laser beam super weapons and are personified as cute girls.

memorium said:
Maxon said:
Arpeggio of Blue Steel

A series about naval warfare between famous battleships and submarines that fire laser beam super weapons and are personified as cute girls.
Sooooo.... Strike Witches: Naval Edition?
Aside from the cute girls and military aspects, I wouldn't say they are so similar.

ilmaestro said:
Sometimes I find you to be the least predictable member of the forums by a long way, Maxon.
I like to keep things fresh.

Steins;Gate

Actually enjoying this, the first 2 vols where abit "wtf is happening, too many people being thrown out here and its jumped straight into the story here, nothing given to lead me to this event.... wtf" but now its got into a proper storyline.

Finished both Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni: Eye Opening Arc: Volume 4 and Gantz: Volume 4 recently.

The explanation in Higurashi as to the reason why the specific character did what they did is given far more exposition than the anime, and also weaves in a far more coherent ending. Very satisfying. 3/5

Gantz still feels weird. The fourth volume being entirely dedicated to the second task, and maybe coming off a little unfulfilling. With over two hundred pages, though, it strangely took no time at all to get through. Giant panels may be a reason for this. 2/5

The past few days I've read the first 10 volumes of Gantz.. it's pretty addictive. I guess it's because there isn't much text, and stuff happens quite slowly, so you get through it pretty fast to see what happens next. The hentai and stuff is a bit annoying sometimes, I dunno. Everything in this manga is so over the top...

Back