What manga are you reading now?

Been reading and re-reading Kuroshitsuji, can't seem to put it down...

Also been checking out the latest NANA chapters. By far the most impressive josei series I have read. The recent plot twist took everyone by surprise. Teens in America will be crying their eye's out...

Somewhere in the middle of Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni: Volume 4.

A better pace, better characterisation and a better explanation for events make this far superior to the anime.

Even if the Mion/Shion thing was a tad confusing.

I just finished Stigma by Kazuya Minekura (my all time favourite mangaka). It's a gorgeous little story, very bittersweet. The artwork is stunning, as to be expected from Minekura. Plus, the little kid looks like a mini Sanzo. Which I count as a bonus XD Especially seeing as he's absolutely adorable.

Mezase Hero! Oh, I enjoyed this so much. It reminded me of FAKE in many ways, and though not nearly as satisfying, still really hit the spot. The relationships between the main characters were relatively well developed, if a little rushed towards the end. I do love a good police force centred manga~

Let's Meet Here Again Tomorrow. A short little yaoi oneshot, with probably the manliest uke i've ever seen! Not that i'm complaining. Nice story, overall. Would of loved it to have been longer.

Higurashi: When They Cry.

MUCH better than the anime.

Up to the end of Curse Killing volume 1. The art here is not the best of the separate arcs (as it's done by a different artist per arc) and everything has relied too much on humour.

This is a very dark story of the series and so it feels a little... off.

Max Takeshi said:
Higurashi: When They Cry.

MUCH better than the anime.

Up to the end of Curse Killing volume 1. The art here is not the best of the separate arcs (as it's done by a different artist per arc) and everything has relied too much on humour.

This is a very dark story of the series and so it feels a little... off.
Wait till it gets to the realy dark bits, the eye-opening arc. Has some of the nastiest scenes in any anime in it, I assume the manga will come off even more painful to look at.
Masacre, Curse Killing's answer, will be very hard going. Far to close to realism on a very touchy subject.
Also the answers as with the original games and unlike all except Matsuribayashi in the anime, are twice as long as the questions. So we get 4 volumes to read as each puzzle gets solved.

I'm past vol 2 of time killing; clairvoyant Rika-chama is a deeply disturbing thing.

I adore the Cotton Drifting/Eye Opening arc from the anime. The 'answer' was so well written. At 5 episodes 'Eye opening' was the biggest arc in the original series, so an even deeper explanation into proceedings should be rather splendid.

Reaper gI said:
I'm past vol 2 of time killing; clairvoyant Rika-chama is a deeply disturbing thing.

Looking forward to that.

I'm most of the way through Gunsmith Cats Burst. A little disappointed with it at the moment, it seems a little rushed compared to the original 4, but we'll see what the last volume has in store.

I finally started reading the To Aru Kagaku no Railgun manga.

It's kind of awesome just going back and spending more time with these characters again, but I'm only just now getting on to stuff that wasn't covered in the anime so it should get even more interesting.

The art is kind of weird to get used to - it's very good, and some of the unique facial expressions are great, but it looks so much like the anime character designs without actually being exactly the same that you kind of get a weird "uncanny valley" effect (yes, I'm aware that this is not really the uncanny valley. I'm also aware that the manga came first).

Chobits ombinibus 2
Ah so the ending of the manga actualy makes sense. Also as per their other relaeses full coluour reproductions of everything.

Now to await part 1 of CCS to be shipped from Amazon, Tokyopops release was god awful.

Warmaster said:
I'm most of the way through Gunsmith Cats Burst. A little disappointed with it at the moment, it seems a little rushed compared to the original 4, but we'll see what the last volume has in store.

Addendum: Just finished it. An extremely poor ending that one, which sort of petered out rather than ended with a bang. Indeed the whole of Burst seemed much more 'meh' than the first 4, almost as if the author was dragged back to it against his will when the story was already boring him.

A sad dissapointment that one since I really liked the original series. :(

Heh, so I take it you didn't actually know anything about Sundome before you picked it up, stu? It's actually a pretty sweet romance at times... just with added face pissing.

I can imagine a lot of people saying that, yeah.

--

Finished up the end of volume 5 of Railgun, which is where it intersects with the part of the Sisters arc told in Index.

Absolutely blown away, as good as the anime-original stuff in the second half of the Railgun anime was, the Railgun-exclusive part of the Sisters arc is just even more amazing.

ITEM are the most lovable baddies ever! Frenda is so cute and hilarious, Saiai is just Super, and some of the faces Mugino pulls when she's annoyed are brilliant (her FFFFFFFFFF!!! face when she rips her tights, especially).

This is absolutely tip-top action comedy. On top of the entertainment of the ITEM girls, the fights themselves are beautifully paced and very cohesive. Mikoto going absolutely all out (and in some cute clothes for once) is quite the sight, but there are some clever twists to the battles, too.

Can't rate this highly enough.

Back