What manga are you reading now?

I always try that too, but i was very wrong in thinking that after watching the anime and as long as i avoided anything directly about the manga i would be safe, it was in peoples profiles that i saw most of the spoilers, often not even on Fruits Basket related websites, still nothing i can do about it now, except maybe to try and supress the memories

Today i finally got and read my fourth and final volume of Eerie Queerie. It made me laugh like silly like usual, i also spent the whole time ogling Hasanuma (like usual), and the rest of them actually. And almost cried because it was the end of a series that i enjoyed so much

I read the first 4 volumes of Bride of Deimos. It's not a bad manga actually, almost like short stories but with 2 main characters throughout. The main characters are the Devil/Deimos and the reincarnation of the Goddess Venus.
It's actually very interesting to read and look at the designs of the characters etc, as it was first written in 1975! The sad thing is, I can actually remember wearing clothes like the ones the characters are wearing :lol:

This weekend I've started re-reading Tokyo Mew Mew, I'm actually enjoying it more second time around. Seeing as the first volume of Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode has just been released, I'm sure I'll be ordering that soon.

Reading "old" manga is like watching "old" anime, strangely different! I enjoyed the last 3 volumes of Bride of Deimos, as it was strangely addictive! but I must admit to enjoying reading the first 3 volumes of Girl Got Game even more :D

I went mad with reading yesterday, after getting most of my order from UP1. I ended up reading, Hana Yori Dango vol 12, D.N.Angel vol 6, Happy Hustle High vol 1 & 2, Magic Knight Rayearth vol 4 & 5 and then ended up with a headache :lol:

Manga

It's so hard to find some mangas all the way through. I'm collecting Cross, Angel Sanctuary, Loki Ragnarok and Tactics, but I usually have to order them because it's easier. The shops don't always have the later issues (Oops! Everything's in Volumes now!).

No one else been reading anything then?!
I've read the first 5 volumes of Gravitation (as well as vol 10 of Fruits Basket). I have to say the manga version of Gravi is a major eye-opener. The anime is so tame and light weight shounen-ai, the same can't be said for the manga, it's definitely yaoi :lol: I was quite shocked by some of it - it's rude :wink:
Don't know if anyone else has noticed (if of course you read it too) but between vol 1 and vol 5 the artwork has improved 100 fold. I wasn't very impressed with the artwork to start, it was kinda ugly, but volume 5 is really nice and Shuichi actually looks like Shuichi at last :lol:

I spent all of yesterday in bed with the sniffels...

Was also a great excuse to read 6 volumes of Negima..magister negi magi by Ken Akamatsu, which carrys on from Love Hina with its wicked sense of humour aswell as being more action based than his previous titles.

Also the main characters from Wales which just seems weird lol

Miaka-chan said:
No one else been reading anything then?!
I've read the first 5 volumes of Gravitation (as well as vol 10 of Fruits Basket). I have to say the manga version of Gravi is a major eye-opener. The anime is so tame and light weight shounen-ai, the same can't be said for the manga, it's definitely yaoi :lol: I was quite shocked by some of it - it's rude :wink:
I'm jealous you've read more than me now :) , read volume 3 of this the other day, love the series have to buy more of it, and i also have to agree with you about the artwork.

Also began reading Fake yesterday, i put off buying it for a while because i wasn't sure if i liked the character design or not, but i definitely liked the first volume and look forward to getting more of this too.

Also still reading I.N.V.U and enjoying it aswell

I love Fake and I like the artwork, but I have to admit I can't easily get "into" her other works, because ALL the characters look like Dee and Ryo :lol:

I read another 4 volumes of Gravitation yesterday (up to vol 9 now), it's so good! I'm in the mood for watching the anime again now!
When I first started reading Gravi, I was wondering how they came up with the character designs for the anime, as they looked nothing alike! Once you get to around volume 6/7 you see exactly where the characters design came from! Shuichi actually looks like he should now (or at least how I've always seen him because of the anime!). Yuki is looking damned sexy in volume 9 - new hairstyle - yummy :lol:
I only have 3 volumes left and I shall be quite sad when I've finished reading this series :(

I'm sad and happy at the same time, as I finished Gravitation yesterday (read vol 10-12). It's so good and has a wonderful ending.
I'm still amazed at how the artwork changed so drastically! and I'm now seriously contemplating getting Maki Murakami's new manga Kanpai, which is due for release in September - it sounds good!

Read Yostuba&! recently, the latest manga from the creator of Azumanga Daioh, and I must say it is perhaps one of the most hilarious things I've read.

The lead charecter is the most hyperactive crazy girl Ive ever seen, getting herself into lots of weird situations the manga merely following her day to day exploits.

But whethers its Getting terrified by an air conditioner that is cauing global warming, or an everyday visist to her first big shopping complex Yotsuba&! is really fantastic, I recommend giving it a try :) .

Last edited by a moderator:
Sharingan said:
I spent all of yesterday in bed with the sniffels...

Was also a great excuse to read 6 volumes of Negima..magister negi magi by Ken Akamatsu, which carrys on from Love Hina with its wicked sense of humour aswell as being more action based than his previous titles.

Also the main characters from Wales which just seems weird lol

Negima kinda reminds me of Harry Potter, anyways going to read Lagoon Engine volume 2 and i recomend Flower of the deep sleep volume 1 where the artwork is attractive catching the eye creating alot of emotional facial expressions, which another manga recommendation is Saikano which is depressing and make me want to cry every page i turn for Shuuji and Chise's relationship and how it develops. So sad <- ->.

Try reading A.I Love you created by Ken Akamatsu which is one of his first projects before Love Hina , as it has a mixture of elements combining Love Hina's comedy and Negima's action.^^

Back