What manga are you reading now?

I read vol 1-3 of Zodiac P.I. yesterday, it's really good, the artwork reminds me of Arina Tanemura (wonder if it's another pen name?!!), it's so similar to Kamikaze Jeanne and Full Moon.

Also read a strange manga called Sweat & Honey. It's made up of 4 short stories and they're all slightly weird, definitely a Yuri feel to ALL of the stories, but the artwork was very nice.

I think I overdosed on manga again :lol:
In the past couple of days I've read:
Ouran High School Host Club vol 1.
MeruPuri vol 1.
Devil Does Exist vol 1.
Kare Kano vol 4, 5 & 6.
Planet Ladder vol 4, 5, 6 & 7.
Paradise Kiss vol 1 & 2.
Fushigi Yuugi vol 14.

I was rather surprised at how different the continuation of the story is in the manga, compared to the OVA. Although it's basically the same story, it's very different (human Suzaku is even sexier in the manga :wink: ).

I finished reading Paradise Kiss and it left me feeling very depressed! It's not that it had a bad ending, it just didn't end how I expected/wanted it to :( and for some reason, the end made me feel like crying!

I also read the first volume of Sweet & Sensitive, which is a Korean romance manga and extremely good!

Reading the pokemon manga comics, its so different to the Anime and so much more funny too. I think I prefer the manga actually....(considering I'm beginning to hate the anime!)

I've just finished the first volume of Sakura Taisen, the story has been given some fresh twists and the artwork is absolutely gorgeous. I can wait for the next volume, it almost makes me want to dig out my old OVAs again.

Started back on HxH. And I've finally finised reading Fruits Basket again. I'm going to town over the weekend to buy some more. Not sure what yet...

I just finished reading the Battle Vixens Vol 2 manga, now on a desperate hunt for Vol 3 in my local manga stockists.

Why is it everytime I start reading a manga I always have trouble finding the next volumes so sometimes I have to skip some out and fill in the gaps later. My Love Hina collection has a lot of holes in it which I need to fill but I keep forgetting which ones I have. :(

Charter_Mage said:
Just began reading Marmalade Boy today, the first volume was pretty good, so who knows, it could turn into another one of my favourites :)
It's one of my favourites! I've had MB for years. The anime is even better though, as it bring Yuu to life and there's not much better than that :lol:

Miaka-chan said:
It's one of my favourites! I've had MB for years. The anime is even better though, as it bring Yuu to life and there's not much better than that :lol:
I was thinking that when i was reading it actually, how nice it would be to watch the anime and see Yuu come to life :D

I recieved the first seven volumes of Bleach from Amazon today and must say it stacks up nicely to its anime counterpart. The pace is a lot snappier and whilst it lacks some of the anime's padding it's still an essential read for fans..............now I just need to find some shelf space to accommodate them. :p

After being without manga for ages, I received a couple of large orders from UP, so far I've read Yotsuba& 1 (enjoyable, although Yotsuba's general cluelessness is scarily reminiscent of my brother) and Tokyo Mew Mew A La Mode vol 1- in some ways it's shaping up to be better than the original, but it's a little hard to take seriously at times.

Been reading My Hime but got a bit fed up because I've seen the anime and I find the drawing a bit confusing and dark so I've started reading Yakitate! Japan. So far it's awesome. Will probably start reading any Ichigo I've missed as well :D

I read the first 6 volumes of Pet Shop of Horrors yesterday. It was really good and I love the wide variety of strange and intriguing creatures in it. I also discovered that Kirin are real mystical creatures rather than made up by the creator of Twelve Kingdoms (which I always thought they were :oops: ).

Back