What manga are you reading now?

I've just started reading Fruits Baskets for the first time - five volumes have been sitting on my shelf unread and unloved for many a month - I'd forgotten just how good the series was and have to admit I'm addicted all over again........the only drawback is I've now got to find the monies to shell out for the next 6 vols ;)

I had a reading marathon yesterday!
Read vol 15 of Fushigi Yuugi, vol 10-12 of Ceres, vol 13 of Hana Yori Dango, vol 7 of Cheeky Angel, vol 1 of Freaks and Brother. Thoroughly enjoyed all of it :D

Upto volume 20 of GTO at present need to get the last 5 from somewhere. Just started reading Initial D and also finished reading the first two volumes of Tramps Like Us manga which my girlfriend brought.

The other night i read Doll volume 1, i can't say i'm a big fan of short stories as i really enjoy a nice progressing storyline, but i did find the tales quite interesting, and often quite moving, the first one particularly probably because i was also listening to sad music really made me cry

Read Fruits Basket 11, an excellent volume, and I really cannot wait for the next volume to make it over to the West. Also, I've read Hunter x Hunter, previously only read online, volumes one to three, sadly omitting the forth released just days after my order. HxH is really a lot of fun.

Chrono Crusade 3 and 4, which is doing wonders in aiding the withdrawal systems from certain series whose next volume is going to have to wait a few months. I'm definatly going to get the final four volumes of the series. I've also finally got to reading the 4th volume of the Evangelion manga, and, despite being an anime-to-manga adaption, I must say I prefer this incarnation of the story over the anime.

Ramadahl said:
Read GTO vol. 4, couldn't wait after the ending of vol. 3. :D Now I just need to find the money to get the remaining 21 :shock: .

This series just gets better the more you read of it. I`m upto volume 23 at the moment and I`m itching to get my hands on the last 2 novels.

Denser said:
Ramadahl said:
Read GTO vol. 4, couldn't wait after the ending of vol. 3. :D Now I just need to find the money to get the remaining 21 :shock: .

This series just gets better the more you read of it. I`m upto volume 23 at the moment and I`m itching to get my hands on the last 2 novels.

Thanks, that's good to hear :) .
Also just finished the first arc of Death Note, it's such a tense read! Really kept me going... definitely worth a look, although it might be too dark for some people, and there's not a lot of action.

Ramadahl said:
Also just finished the first arc of Death Note, it's such a tense read! Really kept me going... definitely worth a look, although it might be too dark for some people, and there's not a lot of action.

Death Note gripped me likewise, marking out it's own path extremely different from an action series, and making you question which side to take. I took L's side, and when he and Watari died :( I stopped reading for a while, but I started again, and now I take the side of Light/Kira, even if he has become ruthless and driven by the Death Note. L's sucessors really aren't up to scratch, as certain deaths show. Definatly a manga that anyone can enjoy, geared up for release by Viz in October.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Immortal Rain 1 & Fushigi Yugi 1-2. I found Immortal Rain a little dispointing really, i dont know why exactlly it just wasent as enjoyable to read as i thought it would be.
But on the other hand i loved Fushigi Yugi, after i read the first had to go back 4 the second lol it was a really great read ^_^

I've just been reading some online manga, all of it so good that waiting for it to be released here so I can read it again and again is painful.

Re-read Bleach manga, reading the most recent chapters as well, and what can I say? I've never been addicted to any chapters of manga as much as this. The whole, long and drawn out ending to the Soul Soceity arc was fantastic, and I hope we revisit the characters there again. The way everyone seemed to have their own personal conflicts, and every character seemed to have an important role to play was overwhelming, and Aizen, the "good" one who appeared to be one of the kindest of all the Shinigami turned out to be the villain after all, and the heartless bastard Ichimaru just his minion, was just great. The current arc is interesting, but I can't wait to get back to characters like Captain Hitsugaya, Konamara and Byakuya, along with Renji, not to mention a certain major character...

I've also been reading the latest in Death Note, which remains thrilling even after L's death. I've got up to volume forteen of Monster, and things are getting even more intense and gripping. Gantz, although not to the same degree is likewise enticing.

I've got up to volume forteen of Monster, and things are getting even more intense and gripping. Gantz, although not to the same degree is likewise enticing.

If you havent got up to volume 8 then your in for a treat, if you have... erm well done :lol:

Last manga I -bought- was Chrono Crusade volume 5. Very, very, very good stuff. Especially when
Joshua shoots Chrono in the face with Rosette's own gun. :shock:
That moment was just... oh man.

I think on the whole Rosette and Chrono's first meeting with Aion was better done in the manga than the anime, but I suppose Gonzo wanted to have that meeting happen sooner in the series than later in order to show that yes, this is the villain of the piece. It's still a very good series, though, at least in my estimation.

Last manga I -read- was a fan-translated first chapter of Hellsing: The Dawn, along with the first half or so of the seventh Hellsing trade. Good stuff, once again.

I read volume 3 of model today, i can't decide where i want this story to go, but i have been really enjoying what i've read of this story, and each volume seems like a quick read. Also i love the design, like most Korean manga it's very beautiful, and i love the men :)

How could i forget, yesterday i also finally got around to reading volume 6 of Demon Diary, another Korean manga i have enjoyed alot, and i think the next volume is the last which is a shame, i will really miss Eclipse

Just read up to volume 4 of the Saikano manga - it's a romance, so not generally my sort of thing, but it's really drawn me in. Except that I get the feeling I'm going to be really depressed when it finishes :? .

Charter_Mage said:
I read volume 3 of model today, i can't decide where i want this story to go, but i have been really enjoying what i've read of this story, and each volume seems like a quick read. Also i love the design, like most Korean manga it's very beautiful, and i love the men :)
I can't decide if I really like this one yet! I read the first 2 volumes yesterday and it was quite good (and yes! Michael and Ken are pretty yummy!), I'm just not sure whether to go further with it or not! (What was volume 3 like?!).

Back