What manga are you reading now?

Just finished Wild Adapter 1 and 2 as well as Paradise on the Hill.Both I would recommend a thousand times over.Paradise on the Hill is just...urgh..so..cute! Though the little extra story at the end is heartbreaking.Cried a tiny little bit :cry:

I've had to stop reading Death Note 8, there are too many words and Reporting Week is taxing my brain. Instead I've switched to Tactics - which is making me laugh.

There's nothing like pointless comedy to relieve a little stress.

I'm about to start volume 9 of the Evangelion manga. This is the volume where Kaworu is introduced to the manga storyline (Kaworu is probably the biggest 'difference' between the manga and the anime, so I'm told). Kaworu made a huge impression on me in episode 24 of the anime, so I'm looking forward to seeing how Sadamoto deals with his character (from what I hear, Kaworu isn't as sympathetic in the manga, and whereas Shinji was sexually attracted to Kaworu in the anime, he doesn't even like Kaworu in the manga ... but I'll have to wait and see!).

Buahaha I'm reading Bastard!! :D It's heavy on the fan service, but it's just so over the top in every way you can't not love it.

I'll get on to Samurai Deeper Kyo vol. 26 in the evening.

About to start on a manga called "Blaster Knuckle" which summary goes somethin' like this:

Take yourself back to the 1880s where the KKK is thriving and the African American community lives in fear. The African Americans don't fear the KKK simply because they beat, rape, and kill them. No. They fear the KKK because the KKK eats them. They are the aptly named man-eaters, a kind of mix between werewolves and vampires. They consume human flesh, can shapeshift into various forms, and are practically immortal. Only one man, an ex-heavyweight boxer named Victor Freeman, dares to stand up to them. Equipped with a small arsenal and a set of modified brass knuckles, can our hero defend his people and avenge his past?

Finished Blaster Knuckle already, only three volumes of such an awesome series, definately worthy of reading for Young Animal and Berserk fans, considering it was like Berserk/Claymore but with an epic black lead who was very much like Guts.

Also read chapters 1-4 Wolf & Spice, I expected to dislike it... but it's alright, don't care for the artwork and the story is good enough to keep me interested, an alright read.

Now onward to Vinland Saga volumes 1 & 2~!

Lupus Inu said:
About to start on a manga called "Blaster Knuckle" which summary goes somethin' like this:

Take yourself back to the 1880s where the KKK is thriving and the African American community lives in fear. The African Americans don't fear the KKK simply because they beat, rape, and kill them. No. They fear the KKK because the KKK eats them. They are the aptly named man-eaters, a kind of mix between werewolves and vampires. They consume human flesh, can shapeshift into various forms, and are practically immortal. Only one man, an ex-heavyweight boxer named Victor Freeman, dares to stand up to them. Equipped with a small arsenal and a set of modified brass knuckles, can our hero defend his people and avenge his past?

o_O

That sounds absolutely bizarre! What's even more bizarre is that a concept like that was actually enjoyable. Only Japan could produce such an oddity! Or should I say that only anime fandom could produce a fan that could appreciate such bizarreness :p

Back