What manga are you reading now?

Over the last 3 days i've read:

Chapters 48-50 of Beserk
Chapter 0-32 of prince of tennis (yes, i read the pilot chapter)
Chapter 71-80 of Mx0
Chapter 41-50 0f To-LOVE-Ru(iwas waiting for it to get a major upload on onemanga & the day finally came!)

I'm raiding my various family members GN collections, so I'm spread all over the place. I've been reading this lot over a 3 week period roughly.

Mine

Genshiken - 8 (One more to go I think)
Project Arms - 10-14
Black God - 1
Chrono Crusade - 1-4
Eden - 1-2
XS Hybrid - 1-2
Airgear - 1-3

Sister

Dark Edge - 1-6
Tsubasa Chronicles - 1-14
Rebirth - 1-18 (I think!)
Claymore - 1-5
D-Grayman - 1-5
Category:Freaks - 1-2
DeathNote - 5-12
Utopias Avenger - 1-3

Brother

Fullmetal Alchemist - 1-4
DNAngel - 1
Sword Of the Dark Ones - 1-4

I think there's more, but I can't remember of the top of my head.
Pronlem is I have a hard time remembering where I am in each series and whats going on, tho my bro and sis both have a fair few more titles for me to pilage :)

Finished volume 5 of the Evangelion manga yesterday! I think vol. 5 has been my favourite so far, because it's really been satisfyingly different to the anime. Plus, they showed Lilith for the first time (though I think it might actually be Adam in the manga, instead of just being mis-identified as Adam by Kaji like in the anime). The giant, crucified Lilith is such an awesome, visually striking image!

Looking forward to getting started on volume 6! ^_^

Trigunette said:
Whoohoo hooo oldie horror manga!!! :D Kazuo Umezu's Reptilia

I really want to read something by Kazuo Umezu, especially after reading some of Junji Ito's work - what's Reptilia like?

CitizenGeek said:
I really want to read something by Kazuo Umezu, especially after reading some of Junji Ito's work - what's Reptilia like?

Reptilia is a collection of 3 of his really oldie horror manga from the groovie sixties :D
I thought the drawing style was really endearing hah. I've finished with the first two stories (Scared Of Mama and The Spotted Girl, next is the title story Reptilia) and they've been sort of funfunscary to read probably because they're so cute, evil snake women, oooh bite your knuckles in suspence and cue in some sixties horror movie music. But I likee so I'm getting more of him. Already ordered; Orochi: Blood (even though I understand that it's a wrap-up to a series) and the first few volumes of The Drifting Classroom (a few people have been egging me on to read them for a while).

MONONOKE wrote:
the cat fanbook

And what a brilliant book that is. There's a personality test and worryingly it says I'm like Shigure...

Which isn't good!

I have a stackload of Death Note books to read but I've become smitten by the Trinity Blood manga - which is just awesome.

Just read Hana Kimi 21, can't believe there's only two vols to go.

Voddas said:
Just started Naruto Vol 1
There are so many to read... am I making a mistake? :?
I just started reading it as well. Its pretty damn good, More straight to the point rather than the anime. Bit irritated at some of VIZ' translations though. A normal Naruto scene = "WATCH OUT OR'LL DOPPLEGANGER YOU!!!". I mean Doppleganger, Really? Shadow Clone Jutsu would be nice. And the Sexy Technique is even called something ****, I can't remember what it is. Gah, Its annoying but I suppose I'll survive.

About to read some Hunter x Hunter and I'll continue with Naruto 4 tonight.

.hack//Link (nothing to do with Zelda :lol: ) chapter 1, new World R:X and Kite's back :D . New main character Tokio looks like he's from Digimon though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished Death Note vol. 1 last night, I enjoyed much, much more than I thought I would, considering I'd already seen the anime.

Planning on starting Apollo's Song later today, too! ^__^

Back