What manga are you reading now?

After the Rain volume 3
Koi ni Mudaguchi volume 7 (JP) - Nice to see one of the side couples be given the focus this time around!
Unnamed Memory volume 4 (LN) - So emotional, I thought I was prepared after the ending of Vol 3 but I was not. T_T

Blue Sky Complex volume 4
Kikenai Yoru wa nai volume 2 (JP)
Ima Koi: Now I'm in Love volume 1 - Off to a fairly solid start for a romance series and I am delighted to say we've skipped past will they won't they and headed straight to them dating! My only criticism is that the male MC has no real personality right now, so it's hard to understand why he puts up with/is interested in our heroine. Hopefully Volume 2 will improve things there.

Toilet-bound Hanako-kun volume 0
My Dear Living Dead (One-shot from the above)

The Case Study of Vanitas volume 1 - Really happy to finally have my hands on this one, now if only I could find the rest in print... The artwork is gorgeous so I really want to keep buying it in paperback if I can.

The Strongest Sage with the Weakest Crest volume 7
After the Rain omnibus volume 4
Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World volume 5 (LN)
After the Rain omnibus volume 5 (complete) Enjoyed revisiting this series in manga form and I certainly appreciate how it wrapped up its various storylines. I do wish Nishida can be able to find happiness with Yoshizawa though, it's a shame he rejected her.

Ascendance of a Bookworm volume 18 (LN)

The Case Study of Vanitas volume 1 - Really happy to finally have my hands on this one, now if only I could find the rest in print... The artwork is gorgeous so I really want to keep buying it in paperback if I can.
Makes me glad I bought them as they were released. I had read and owned Pandora Hearts, so when vol 1 of Vanitas was released it was an instant buy as I love the artwork.

Makes me glad I bought them as they were released. I had read and owned Pandora Hearts, so when vol 1 of Vanitas was released it was an instant buy as I love the artwork.
Yeah I super regret putting it off for so long, I only started looking for it when the anime started last year and by then the older volumes were getting old and OOP anyway. Certainly taught me my lesson about not buying things ASAP if I want them.

Yeah I super regret putting it off for so long, I only started looking for it when the anime started last year and by then the older volumes were getting old and OOP anyway. Certainly taught me my lesson about not buying things ASAP if I want them.
Surprised they haven't done a reprint to coincide with the anime.

Holmes of Kyoto volume 9 (LN)
That's My Atypical Girlfriend volume 4

The Haunted Bookstore: Gateway to the Parallel Universe volume 1 (LN, Dropped) - Usually I am all over stories set in or around bookstores, but I struggled to connect to the characters and that left me losing interest. The storyline also wraps up fairly neatly within this first vol, so I'm happy to stop here.

I'll Be With Them Again Today volume 1 - Harmless shoujo about a girl who falls in love with one of the two boys that move in next door. Naturally, the second boy is in love with her and unlikely to have his feelings returned anytime soon (or maybe he will, time will tell!).

Happy Sugar Life vol 2
Lost and found.
This volume also includes the one-shot that inspired the full series and covers, in a much shorter form of course, about the same as the chapters of the main series so far. Probably why it was put in this volume.

My Love Mix-up volume 8 (JP)
Watari-kun's ****** is About to Collapse volumes 3-4 - Ran out of what's available on Azuki so will have this stalled for a while. Still an interesting read even if it's leaning into quite dark material at times.

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside volume 5 (LN)
Uchi no Futeki na Ganster volume 1 (JP, complete) - Didn't at all have a satisfying ending for a one-volume story, so I'm pretty disappointed with it.
Nosatsu Junkie volume 13 (JP)

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 61 - 63

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 104

Hajimete no Gal ch 136

Houkago no Goumon Shoujo ch 117 - 118

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 158

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 219

Kissxsis ch 152

Tsugumomo ch 146

Why the Hell are You Here, Teacher!? ch 106 - 107

Wise Man's Granchild ch 67

The Night is Short, Walk on Girl volume 3 (JP)
Nosatsu Junkue volume 14 (JP)
Saint? No! I'm just a Passing Beast Tamer! volume 2 (LN, complete) - Despite the author excitedly talking about a Volume 3, that has yet to materialise in two years so I doubt that's happening now. This was a fun fluffy series that was nice to sit back and switch my brain off to for a while. It's the same author as Woof Woof story, so if you're a particular fan of that then this is fun in a similar way.

Can Someone Please Explain What's Going On?! volume 9 (LN, complete) - While I think this went on a couple of volumes too long at the end, it was an entertaining read on the whole with some very whacky characters. I think there are better romance LNs out there now than there were when this first started in English, so it's more difficult to recommend than it was but it's still fun if you like these kinds of stories.

How to Melt the Ice Queen's Heart volume 1 (LN) - A more satisfying version of The Angel Next Door Spoils Me Rotten, I just hope Volume 2 serves as a satisfying conclusion since that is supposedly the last.

Komi Can't Communicate vol 13-16
This really is the most charming little series I've ever read. It's so much fun, it's funny but also really gentle and easy to read. At the same time it doesn't diminish anyone's issues and Tadano manages to be this nervous rock at the centre of it all just helping his class mates out. It's excellent.

In/Spectre volume 15
Hiraeth: The End of the Journey volume 1 - Not entirely sure how I feel about this one yet. The artwork is beautiful and I like the cast, but I think I worry about the trajectory of the story and the fact this god character is giving the MC perhaps unfounded hope about reuniting with her best friend at the end of it all. I'm sure the story will end up going in a completely different direction, but we shall see...

Hello, I am a Witch and my Crush Wants Me to Make a Love Potion volume 2 (light novel, complete) - Another cute entry but I also feel it was hornier than Vol 1 and I'm not entirely sure we needed to see more of the story of the cast? I was fairly satisfied with Volume 1 at least. Tied up some loose ends I suppose.

The Way of the Househusband volume 7
I Am a Cat Barista volume 2 (complete)
My Next Life as a Villainess Side Story: On the Verge of Doom! volume 2
Fantasy Inbound volume 2 (LN)

Ge-sen shoujo to i bunka kouryuu - Cultural exchange with game center girl vol 3 (JP, for when your Kanji knowledge is not just yet enough, also present are furigana, and some parts are in English (with Japanese translation) because the main character speaks in English depending on the scene.

The Ancient Magus' Bride Vol. 14/15
Call of the Night, Vol. 5

Last edited:
Back