Houkago no Goumon Shoujo ch 119

How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ch 82.1 - 82.2

In Another World With My Smartphone ch 65

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 159

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 220 - 221

Monster Musume no Iru Nichijou ch 74

That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime ch 94

Physical copies (at last! 🥲)
Seraph of the End #23 Takaya Kagami and Yamato Yamamoto (the story continues beyond the anime series...) VIZ
Change World #1 by Yuu Minaduki (sequel to Sayonara Game) SuBLime

For those who read in French:
Barbarities by Tsuta Suzuki #1 and #2 from Taifu - this 4-volume series will be arriving in English from Seven Seas in 2023. Highly recommended - amazing art and a complex, really well-written historical fantasy story set in an imaginary Renaissance-ish Europe.
Wolf Pack by Billy Balibally from Hana - a one-shot fantasy set in Scandinavia about shape-shifting wolves. If you liked the mangaka's FANGS (Tokyopop) about present-day vampires, you'll love this - although it has a very different, mythological vibe that, in places, reminded me just a little of Wolf's Rain. Again, amazing art.
Entre les Lignes (Ikoku Nikki) #1-4 by Tomoko Yamashita from Kana. Engrossing josei from the versatile mangaka of Tricornered Window about a 30-something novelist who suddenly finds herself looking after her high school-aged niece Asa when Asa's parents are killed in a car accident. We need this in English! But, alas, josei doesn't seem to attract the US publishers...

And out in digital today (paperbacks will follow) from VIZ:
My Love Mix-Up! #3 by Aruko and Wataru Hinekura (the dreaded school trip...)
Spy x Family #7 Tatsuro Endo (needs no introduction!)

My Stepmom's Daughter is My Ex volume 2 (LN)
The Splendid Work of a Monster Maid volume 2
Minami Nanami Wants to Shine volume 1
Josee, The Tiger and the Fish (novel, complete)
Even Though We're Adults volume 4
Super HxEros volume 6
An Archdemon's Dilemma: How to Love Your Elf Bride volume 13 (LN)
A Side Character's Love Story volume 9
Those Not-So-Sweet Boys volume 6
Full Clearing Another World Under a Goddess with Zero Believers volume 3 (LN)

Our Last Crusade or the Rise of a New World volume 7 (LN) - Current arc is still not over, tempted to jump straight into volume 8 but I worry there won't be a good stopping point there either! May hold off for now until we're closer to 9 coming out in English, just in case...

Queen's Quality volume 14
The Apothecary Diaries volume 5 (LN)
Sasaki and Miyano volume 2 - I see what people mean now when they say volume 2 is a lot better than volume 1. The 4-koma side of things has been wound back and the timeline is less confusing to follow (although having watched the anime may have helped there).

Sweat and Soap volume 11 (complete) - Sad to see this one end, but a wonderful ending all the same!
Love of Kill volume 2

Volume 4 of Lovely Complex (I read Vol. 1-2 years ago and Vol. 3 a few months ago I think) and started Volume 5... I hope I can finish all of it before the end of this year I get so stuck with books sometimes 😭
😭 😭

I do really like the series though :)

Goodbye, Eri (Complete, one-shot) - Another emotional read from the author of Chainsaw Man. Definitely recommend checking it out, but be warned that the content is quite heavy.

Bond and Book volume 2 (LN)
Chasing After Aoi Koshiba volumes 2-3

Kumichou no Musume wa Isekai de Saikyou no Kumi wo Tsukuru Tame Gokudou Musou Hajimemashita (complete, Shounen Gangan) - Sad to see this one end only 9 chapters in. When I started buying Shounen Gangan for the first time it was one of the first series I got into, so it's a shame it didn't run a little longer.

My Daughter Left the Nest and Returned an S-Rank Adventuer volume 4 (LN)

Goodbye, Eri (Complete, one-shot) - Another emotional read from the author of Chainsaw Man. Definitely recommend checking it out, but be warned that the content is quite heavy.
You've done better than me in completing this - I confess I wimped out at not quite half-way through and haven't managed to go back yet. 😢

You've done better than me in completing this - I confess I wimped out at not quite half-way through and haven't managed to go back yet. 😢
Certainly no shame in that, it's a lot to digest and never really lets up on that even toward the end. I'm not sure it manages to justify that angle for me either. In many ways I prefer the author's previous one-shot, Look Back since that was bleak but not quite as... heavy I suppose and does deliver on what it sets out to convey to us readers.

In many ways I prefer the author's previous one-shot, Look Back since that was bleak but not quite as... heavy I suppose and does deliver on what it sets out to convey to us readers.
I realize (after looking it up) that I'd heard very good things about Look Back, especially from French readers, so having seen your thoughts about it, I must seek it out! (Manga-News (fr) gave it 18/20!) :)

Sasaki and Miyano volumes 3-4 - Caught up with the English releases for a week or two. Definitely been enjoying reading the manga and seeing how it told the story compared to the anime and seeing little bits here and there that got left out.

5 Seconds Before a Witch Falls in Love (complete) - A fun one-shot, but there wasn't a lot of depth to it.
The Genius Prince's Guide to Raising a Nation Out of Debt (Hey, How About Treason?) volume 6 (LN) - Pirates!!
Little Miss P volume 4 (complete)
Bungo Stray Dogs Wan! volume 1 (technically a reread since I've read vol 1 in Japanese before)

Even If The Sword Saint is Boring He's Still the Strongest ch 64 - 65

Fairy Tail: 100 Years Quest ch 105

Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody ch 86

Houkago no Goumon Shoujo ch 120 - 121

Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san ch 159.1

Karakai Jouzu no (Moto) Takagi-san ch 222 - 225

Lust Geass ch 43

The Rising of the Shield Hero ch 86

Love of Kill volume 3
The Great Jahy Will Not Be Defeated volume 2
Moriarty the Patriot volume 6 - I forgot how silly this whole thing got with the 007 James Bonde stuff...

Nosatsu Junkie volumes 15-16 (JP, complete) - After a year and a half of slowly reading my way through this I finally got to the end! An entertaining read that I'll certainly remember even if it wasn't my favourite of the creator's works. It was fun to see where a lot of the authors' later tendencies come from, like having two love interests that bicker none stop in a hilarious fashion. Shame it got lost in English when Tokyopop went under, I think it's a bit too old and long for anyone else to take a punt on it now.

The Empty Box and Zeroth Maria volume 1 (LN)

Summer Time Rendering 2026: The Room That Dreams of Murder (one-shot) - A new Summer Time Rendering story to celebrate the beginning of the anime, although besides sharing its cast you'd never know it was a part of the series given the storyline is quite different. Since it focused on Ryunosuke Nagumo, who was one of my favourite characters, I'm pretty happy with it.

Rent-A-Girlfriend volumes 10-11

Moriarty the Patriot volume 6 - I forgot how silly this whole thing got with the 007 James Bonde stuff...

Confession time with Moriarty the Patriot for me; I've stalled at #9 (French edition). I do agree with you re. the James Bonde strand; they really do push things too far with the cheeky borrowings from Ian Fleming etc. But it's the Milverton story that finished me off; I just found yet another iteration of the Rich English Nobles = BAD, Moriarty Gang = GOOD (as in Robin Hood) over-simplistic. Having said that, I'm still vastly amused by the fact that one of the new OVA is set here in Bath, so I might still forgive them...

Confession time with Moriarty the Patriot for me; I've stalled at #9 (French edition). I do agree with you re. the James Bonde strand; they really do push things too far with the cheeky borrowings from Ian Fleming etc. But it's the Milverton story that finished me off; I just found yet another iteration of the Rich English Nobles = BAD, Moriarty Gang = GOOD (as in Robin Hood) over-simplistic. Having said that, I'm still vastly amused by the fact that one of the new OVA is set here in Bath, so I might still forgive them...

Likewise, I could see myself dropping off soonish if I was actively buying the volumes. Especially having seen the anime already, so regardless of how much that skipped we know where it's going in the end. I only get invested in the story when it's about Sherlock and Moriarty in their cat and mouse game, which this last volume and a half didn't particularly lean on in an interesting way. It overcomplicates itself but as you say in simplistic ways that aren't doing anything for it thematically.

However, I've been reading the volumes as they go into the Shounen Jump vault, so given I have that subscription anyway I'll likely continue and be back complaining about the various storylines. 😅 I hope Crunchyroll adds the OVA eventually, I wouldn't mind seeing how that plays out...

Admittedly I'm up to date with the chapters for Moriarty the Patriot japanese release. I'm still in love with it and I'm glad it's carrying on after where the anime ended.

vol 11 of That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime (LN)

Back