What manga are you reading now?

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 1 on the Kindle. I couldn't wait for the paper copy! (I'll buy that when it comes out later this year; this one's a keeper!)

Horimiya vol 1 - 6 I purchased volume one off book Walker last night really enjoyed it so got the other 5 volumes this morning and haven't been able to put it down really enjoyed it.

How a Realist Hero Rebuilt the Kingdom Volume 1 (novel).

This has a good Spice & Wolf vibe to it, so of everything J-Novel Club have been offering it's probably the most 'out there' and less generic than the other titles. Good read.

Bungo Stray Dogs Vol. 1 (It came at long last.)

Ah, but has it been as good a read as you'd been hoping?

Ah, but has it been as good a read as you'd been hoping?[/QUOTE]

@Demelza: Thus far I have no complaints! ;) I like Sango Harukawa's art very much. Did you enjoy it? (Volume 2 should be along next month, I think...)

Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju 1 on the Kindle. I couldn't wait for the paper copy! (I'll buy that when it comes out later this year; this one's a keeper!)

How's that in manga? I'm loving the anime so much but the experience cant be the same when story telling on stage right?

Its like Beck anime and manga, the manga its good but its missing... the audio xD

@Demelza: Thus far I have no complaints! ;) I like Sango Harukawa's art very much. Did you enjoy it? (Volume 2 should be along next month, I think...)

I enjoyed it overall and the art style is definitely very nice. I feel like perhaps it was a bit too soon for me to retread the story after watching the anime, but that feeling will go away with time anyway.

Book depository lists volume 2 as March 21st. :(

How's that in manga? I'm loving the anime so much but the experience cant be the same when story telling on stage right?

Its like Beck anime and manga, the manga its good but its missing... the audio xD

You're so right in that the experience of hearing/seeing the storytelling is not the same as experiencing it 'live' (with voice acting and animation). But Haruko Kumota is a very skilled mangaka and knows how to deliver her story in a page-turning way. She's also very skilled at conveying nuances of feeling through characters' stances and facial expressions.

I'd say it's worth giving it a try if you've enjoyed the anime. And you can 'look inside' here to try before you buy:
Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - Kodansha Comics

Back