What manga are you reading now?

I enjoyed it overall and the art style is definitely very nice. I feel like perhaps it was a bit too soon for me to retread the story after watching the anime, but that feeling will go away with time anyway.

Book depository lists volume 2 as March 21st. :(

Ah! I was thinking of the French version from Ototo - due out Feb. 3rd, I think, but with volumes 1 & 2 released on the same day. I like the French way of doing things! ;)

You're so right in that the experience of hearing/seeing the storytelling is not the same as experiencing it 'live' (with voice acting and animation). But Haruko Kumota is a very skilled mangaka and knows how to deliver her story in a page-turning way. She's also very skilled at conveying nuances of feeling through characters' stances and facial expressions.

I'd say it's worth giving it a try if you've enjoyed the anime. And you can 'look inside' here to try before you buy:
Descending Stories: Showa Genroku Rakugo Shinju - Kodansha Comics

Cool, thanks I'll give it a try.

Sword Art Online: Progressive Volume 4 (novel). - Now officially all caught up with Progressive and sad there hasn't been any more in Japan yet, I think the wait between volumes will be quite long now. :(

Occultic;Nine Volume 2 (novel) - I pushed through this as I knew it was only two volumes. It will be a shame if they never continue the novels, but on the other hand I've watched all the anime so it's not like I don't know where the story is going.

Grimgar of Fantasy and Ash Volume 2 (novel) - Onwards to stuff the anime didn't adapt next volume. :D

Dunno if it counts as Manga but ive been reading Release that Witch the chinese webnovel.

And its really really good. Reads more like a light novel that a traditional chinese style.

The translation has its issues but its far from a dealbreaker.

I also read monster musume 10 and as ever it was quality. MON rule, tia best girl heh

Speed Racer Mach GoGoGo Ch. 1-3
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 1 Vol. 2
A Bride's Story Vol. 1

A Bride's Story has some of the best art I've seen in a manga. So much detail.

2720e0dceb94f80e6c5d06e3003c5a35.png

Bungo Stray Dogs vol 1
The Case Study of Vanitas vol 1...I love Jun Mochizuki. I have all of Pandora Hearts (which I love), so I'm really happy to get Vanitas. The artwork is beautiful as always.

Back