What manga are you reading now?

Currently going through the Spice & Wolf Light Novels, on book 7

I'm still waiting for Amazon to dispatch my Manga orders from earlier this month, I'm guessing I'm not going to get them till after Xmas :(

Currently going through the Spice & Wolf Light Novels, on book 7

I'm still waiting for Amazon to dispatch my Manga orders from earlier this month, I'm guessing I'm not going to get them till after Xmas :(
I never buy manga from Amazon anymore because they are always delayed/released late. I use wordery or book depository as they are usually cheaper and in stock early.

This makes me sad to hear as Oikawa is one of my favourite characters in the series now. I don't remember if I was too fond when he was first introduced though...

I usually want to strangle him (though to his credit I think he gradually improves over time). Most of the guys are a bit abrasive one way or another, I think, which makes them feel more human in a perverse way?

R

He does get slightly better as the series goes on (for some reason I prefer him in the anime, probably because I like his Japanese VA)

There's always usually a character I don't like in sports manga. In Slam Dunk it's Sendoh...I never liked him from start to finish.

I usually want to strangle him (though to his credit I think he gradually improves over time). Most of the guys are a bit abrasive one way or another, I think, which makes them feel more human in a perverse way?

R

I think as of volume 6 I wanted to strangle him because he lords over everyone with his power and is simply frustrating to read/watch, but after the match that volume starts he just becomes a silly/adorable idiot to me (who probably still needs strangling sometimes but is also kinda cute in an awkward way). :D

He does get slightly better as the series goes on (for some reason I prefer him in the anime, probably because I like his Japanese VA)

There's always usually a character I don't like in sports manga. In Slam Dunk it's Sendoh...I never liked him from start to finish.

Hmm. I think watching the anime first did make me like him more as the VA is very good. I'm not sure there is anyone I dislike in Haikyu!!. I think as time goes on and I read the manga at a slower pace than how I watched the first two seasons of the anime I'll find someone I'm not as fond of, but for now the cast are safe.

I tend to find rather than sports manga I find characters I hate in romantic comedies/harem series as there is always someone who just has to get on your nerves. >_>

I'm not one to read romance/harem mangas but ones I have in the past there has always been a character I wanted to slap and say "what the hell are you doing/thinking"...it's usually the simpering females or the ones who suddenly don't trust their boyfriend due to something innocent they've blown all out of proportion.

Magia the Ninth Vol. 1 Ichiya Sazanami 'Beethoven, the Demon Hunter!' (Yup, this is ClassicaLoid but this time the composers are 'magia', wizards who wield the power of music to battle demons.) :D
Merman in my Tub Vol. 5
Of the Red, the Light and the Ayakashi Vol. 5
Monthly Girls' Nozaki-kun Vol. 5

Kizumonogatari - I watched the first two movie adaptions earlier this year and really enjoyed them, but a big problem I have with Monogatari is that I just can't get into the animation. Despite this I figured I'd give the novel a go so that I could finish the story and see if I wanted to stick with this series.

I'm about 50~ pages from finishing the book and I can say that I do really like this series when it's not in its anime form. Kizu has been a fantastic read and impossible to put down (aside from actually remembering to change trains while travelling...). I thought it'd be impossible for anyone to write two, tasteful, pages talking about panties and keep me engaged in the story, but apparently I was wrong!

Definitely looking forward to picking up Bakamonogatari next year. :D

Back