What Games Are You Playing?

Shadow of the Tomb Raider
I've played the first two Tomb Raider reboot games multiple times, so I'm not totally certain why Shadow isn't clicking for me. I know it's from a different developer, but it's practically identical in so many ways that it's hard to tell. I can only assume there's something about the level design and combat scenarios that aren't working as well on a fairly subtle level.

Maybe I'm getting foraging fatigue. I'm tired of so many action-adventure games requiring me to constantly poke around for twigs and berries to craft ammo when I'd rather be enjoying the scenery or firing arrows through someone's head.

Maybe it's because Shadow doesn't feel like what I want from a Tomb Raider game. I want to be raiding tombs, not picking up tedious side-quests in hub towns. I want the environmental puzzles and breathtaking sights to be on the critical path, not in hidden side areas that only exist to unlock abilities that don't seem to be worth unlocking. Also, while the reboot trilogy has been grimdark from the word go, it's pushed further here and repeats some elements of the earlier reboot games that I'd rather see left on the cutting room floor. Why has "crawl through a cave filled with mutilated corpses" become a box that every Tomb Raider game has to tick now?

Or maybe I'm just bitter because Lara's boobs keep shrinking. I am totally bitter about that.

It's been a while since I wrote on here, and I admittedly forgot to cover September but that only had 1 title.

Game: 28 - Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (PlayStation 5)
Acquired: July 2022

In addition to the original, Bandai Namco also brought back wahoo's second game which debuted on PlayStation 2. Klonoa 2 plays pretty much the same as the original, with a new story, different map design and a few more branching paths like choosing which level to start next.

Just like the previous game's remaster, the PS5 version runs at 4K 60fps which is great, and the difficulty is just as good a before. I don't have much to say about this one as the gameplay is pretty much identical as before, but I do think the characters are better this time around. The playtime for the story was also just a couple of hours and the final world provided more challenges to get those collectibles.

Overall, Klonoa 2 was a fun time and with the rest of the trophies acquired for finishing the story and collecting the residents throughout, I now own the Platinum trophy.

Game: 29 - Nioh Remastered (PlayStation 5)
Acquired: February 2021

With the critical and commercial success of FROM SOFTWARE's Soulsbourne games during the 7th & early 8th generation, many developers attempted their own version of the genre. Koei Tecmo & Team Ninja's Nioh, a Japanese historical themed action game, was actually in development hell for many years since the 6th generation era. The original idea was supposed to have been based on Akira Kurosawa's Oni which never came to fruition. Eventually, elements of the original concept, like a foreign blonde character as the MC and the samurai period, did carry over to the final product as well as other elements like inspirations of Kurosawa's other titles and then taking elements of the real-life figure William Adams. After switching from a traditional RPG to Dynasty Warriors style, Team Ninja stepped in and settled with Action Souls RPG gameplay.

Nioh is not an easy game by all means. The Souls gameplay is all about three things - patience, skill and practice. You can't rush your fights because you will be smacked over like a ragdoll. You need to learn how to defeat your opponent in the best way possible and overcome that brick wall which is in front of you (in this case, a boss fight or a larger-sized enemy). Practicing your move set and how to fight is also important, as the game teaches you different methods of combat.

Nioh stands out from Souls by being much faster in pacing. The gameplay relies on different weapon options, like a sword, dual-wielding swords, spears, bows, and more that are available. There's also difference stances - a low stance delivers great dodging but less power for offence, mid-stance is a good balance of the two, and high stance which delivers strong offence, but you will be left vulnerable if you time it incorrectly. My weapon preferences are sword and dual swords as I found them effective for a solid combat experience, especially as you can do special attacks when you level up your combat skills, like one move that splashes some Ki energy into the air which can hurt the enemy's health and stamina which is handy to do some strong attacks if their stamina ends up in the red.

In addition to the main weapons there's also slots for some sub-weapons like guns and bows. These are actually pretty useful as you can take out an enemy with one hit if you have the right level equipment and aim for their head. Sometimes they may survive but it will still help you with the combat that comes after. I don't recommend this with the bigger enemies though, as they are still strong and have tons of health.

You can equip up to 8 items that are tied to the D-Pad. These are pretty handy and can cover various items like more health, more Amrita (this game's souls equivalent) to use up, attack and defence items, and items that can made from Onmyo and Ninja abilities. Ninja is about stealth and special attack items that you throw against enemies, while Onmyo is about magic and talismans.

Onmyo believe it or not, will be your best friend during the game's latter half because the talismans can slow your enemies down and reduce their defences/attacks, which can make bigger fights easier to manage. The best part is that, because these talismans were created at the shrines, they will refill the amount each time you die or visit the shrine, so you don't have to worry about losing them after each defeat.

The game's story is pretty interesting, as William sets out to Japan from England to rescue his spirit and meets a bunch of people and yokai along the way. The storyline spans about 20 missions, 19 are the main ones while the final 20th is an epilogue of sorts. The difficulty recommendations are pretty high at Level 135 for the main story mission, but you can finish it at about Level 120 if you have the right equipment and extra items like talismans to help you out. I finished the 20th mission at Level 124 in the end. Along the way you can also do sub-missions which are mini levels that require you to take out a yokai or defeat an opponent, and twilight missions which are randomised but super hard rehashs of the main missions which can give you stronger weapons if you manage to finish them.

Other notes about the gameplay - you do lose Amrita (this game's equivalent of souls) if you die twice without recovering them from where you first died, so do be warned about that. You also lose the spirit ability until you recover it which can be tedious during boss fights. If you die a second time, it will return back to you. You can use items to bring it back if you die the first time, but it won't recover the Amrita. You also can't leave the mission unless you use an item that will also wipe out your Amrita. Throughout each mission there's also a secret hot spring which can heal your health. You will also encounter red swords stuck to the ground which are mini fights against an individual that basically acts like dead players from other parts of the world similar to other Soulslike games.

In-between missions on the world map you can visit the Dojo to build your weapon, ninja and onmyo skills which can be completed if you level up your weapon efficiency, ninja and magic skills. You will also unlock more spirits if you complete missions across your playthrough. There also skills and prestige points that can be earned which will help build your character's skills and earn some extra % increases like luck, damage, amrita acquired and more.

I spent 56 hours 40 minutes playtime with all 20 story missions completed and a lot of the sub-missions completed as well. Now I have yet to play the Expansion content and I decided to save them for later because those have difficulty spikes from my understanding and wanted to take a break from this genre in the meantime, because Nioh is a very challenging game and is brutal if you mess up or not prepared for some fights.

Despite the challenge, I do think Nioh is an overall fantastic package, and I went with the PlayStation 5 Remastered version which is also played using the 120fps performance mode for the best gameplay experience possible. My physical copy of the Nioh Collection also includes the Expansion content as well as Nioh 2 Remastered, so I am ready to check out the rest at any point. Considering I went from Code Vein to Nioh without bothering with the FROM SOFTWARE games is a weird experience but a nice way to get into the genre properly.

My backlog so far:
#​
PC/Steam Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyTurn-Based RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SCTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 3 Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
3D Dot Game HeroesAction RPG
2​
Castlevania: Lords of ShadowAction, Hack n Slash
3​
CatherinePuzzle
4​
Drakengard 3Action RPG
5​
Eternal SonataTurn-Based RPG
6​
FolkloreAction RPG
7​
inFAMOUSAction
8​
inFAMOUS 2Action
9​
Katamari ForeverPuzzle
10​
PuppeteerPlatformer
11​
Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeAction, Platformer
12​
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordTactical RPG, Visual Novel
13​
Way of the Samurai 4Action
#​
PlayStation 4 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
13 Sentinels: Aegis RimTactical RPG, Visual Novel
2​
AI: The Somnium FilesAdventure, Visual Novel
3​
Black Clover: Quartet KnightsAction, Fighting
4​
Bullet Girls PhantasiaAction, Shooter
5​
The Caligula Effect: OverdoseTurn-Based RPG
6​
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New ChampionsSports
7​
Catherine Full BodyPuzzle
8​
Chaos;ChildVisual Novel
9​
Conception Plus: Maidens of the Twelve StarsTurn-Based RPG
10​
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlineAction RPG
11​
Danganronpa 1 ReloadVisual Novel
12​
Danganronpa 2 ReloadVisual Novel
13​
Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyVisual Novel
14​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 1: Rinne UtopiaVisual Novel, Dating Sim
15​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 2: Ars InstallVisual Novel, Dating Sim
16​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 3: Twin Edition: Rio ReincarnationVisual Novel, Dating Sim
17​
Disaster Report 4: Summer MemoriesAdventure, Simulation
18​
Dragon Quest Heroes IIAction RPG, Musou
19​
Dragon's Crown ProAction RPG
20​
Fairy TailTurn-Based RPG
21​
Fate/Extella LinkMusou
22​
Final Fantasy VIII RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
23​
Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares WinTactical RPG
24​
Gal*Gun 2On-Rails Shooter
25​
Gintama RumbleAction, Musou
26​
GOD EATER 3Action Hunter RPG
27​
Gravity Rush 2Action, Platformer
28​
The Great Ace Attorney: AdventuresVisual Novel
29​
The Great Ace Attorney 2: ResolveVisual Novel
30​
Gundam Breaker 3 BREAK EDITIONAction, Arcade
31​
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite CombateAction RPG
32​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenFighting
33​
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of FujisawaPuzzle, Visual Novel
34​
LangrisserTactical RPG
35​
Langrisser IITactical RPG
36​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelTurn-Based RPG
37​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IITurn-Based RPG
38​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIITurn-Based RPG
39​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IVTurn-Based RPG
40​
Megadimension Neptunia VIITurn-Based RPG
41​
Megadimension Neptunia VIIRTurn-Based RPG
42​
MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINAFighting
43​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja StormAction, Fighting
44​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2Action, Fighting
45​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3Action, Fighting
46​
NEO: The World Ends With YouAction RPG
47​
Neptunia Virtual StarsAction
48​
Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja WarsAction
49​
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
50​
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant KingdomAction RPG
51​
Nights of AzureAction RPG
52​
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New MoonAction RPG
53​
One Piece Burning BloodFighting
54​
One Piece Unlimited World RedAction
55​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3Musou
56​
Our World Is EndedVisual Novel
57​
Persona 5 RoyalTurn-Based RPG
58​
Persona 5 StrikersAction RPG, Musou
59​
Phoenix Wright: Ace AttorneyVisual Novel
60​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for AllVisual Novel
61​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and TribulationsVisual Novel
62​
Punch LineVisual Novel
63​
Raging LoopVisual Novel
64​
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Prophecy of the ThroneVisual Novel
65​
Resident Evil 6Action Horror
66​
Resident Evil: RevelationsAction Horror
67​
Resident Evil: Revelations 2Action Horror
68​
Robotics;Notes DaSHVisual Novel
69​
Robotics;Notes ELITEVisual Novel
70​
SD Gundam G Generation Cross RaysTactical RPG
71​
SD Gundam G Generation GenesisTactical RPG
72​
Secret of ManaAction RPG
73​
Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiMusou
74​
Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalAction
75​
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD RemasterTurn-Based RPG
76​
Shining Resonance: RefrainAction RPG
77​
Steins;Gate EliteVisual Novel
78​
Super Neptunia RPGTurn-Based RPG
79​
Super Robot Wars 30Tactical RPG
80​
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon DwellersTactical RPG
81​
Super Robot Wars TTactical RPG
82​
Super Robot Wars XTactical RPG
83​
Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletAction RPG
84​
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Sessions!Music, Rhythm
85​
Tales of BerseriaAction RPG
86​
Tales of VesperiaAction RPG
87​
Tales of ZestiriaAction RPG
88​
Tokyo Xanadu eX+Action RPG
89​
Trials of ManaAction RPG
90​
Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionTactical RPG, Visual Novel
91​
Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthTactical RPG, Visual Novel
92​
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the FallenTactical RPG, Visual Novel
93​
Utawarerumono: ZanAction, Musou
94​
Valkyria Chronicles 4Tactical RPG
95​
Valkyria RevolutionAction RPG
96​
Wing of DarknessAction, Arcade
97​
The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival EditionAction RPG
98​
WORLDEND SYNDROMEVisual Novel
99​
Yakuza 3 RemasteredAction Beat em up
100​
Yakuza 4 RemasteredAction Beat em up
101​
Yakuza 5 RemasteredAction Beat em up
102​
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldVisual Novel
103​
Ys IX: Monstrum NoxAction RPG
#PlayStation 5 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Cyberpunk 2077Action
2​
JudgmentAction, Beat em up
3​
Lost JudgmentAction, Beat em up
4​
Neptunia ReVerseTurn-Based RPG
5​
Nioh 2Action Souls RPG
6​
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit of Wonder LabyrinthMetroidvania RPG
7​
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy OriginAction Souls RPG
8​
Super Monkey Ball: Banana ManiaPuzzle
9​
Yakuza 7: Like a DragonTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation Vita Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Bullet GirlsAction, Shooter
2​
Freedom WarsAction
3​
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartTactical RPG
4​
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action UnleashedAction
5​
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS ZombiesAction, Musou
6​
Muv-LuvVisual Novel, Dating Sim
7​
Muv-Luv AlternativeVisual Novel
8​
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard GirlsTurn-Based RPG
9​
Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniAction
#Nintendo Switch Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Fire Emblem: Three HousesTactical RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from ZeroTurn-Based RPG
3​
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeRacing
4​
New Super Mario Bros U DeluxePlatformer
5​
Senran Kagura ReflexionsSimulation
6​
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's FuryAction, Platformer
7​
Super Mario 64Action, Platformer
8​
Super Mario GalaxyAction, Platformer
9​
Super Mario SunshineAction, Platformer
10​
Super Smash Bros. UltimateFighting
11​
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive EditionAction RPG
12​
Xenoblade Chronicles 2Action RPG

gGNW84cl.png
52 Games Goal:
No.Game
Console​
Acquired​
Genre
1​
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
PS3​
2017​
Musou
2​
Toukiden 2
PS4​
2019​
Hunter RPG
3​
Fist of the Nort Star: Lost Paradise
PS4​
2019​
Action, Beat em Up
4​
JUMP FORCE
PS4​
2022​
Fighting
5​
Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul
PS4​
2020​
Fighting
6​
Code Vein
PS4​
2020​
Action Souls RPG
7​
Super Robot Wars V
PS4​
2019​
Tactical RPG
8​
Gran Turismo 7
PS5​
2022​
Racing
9​
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
PS4​
2020​
Action, Hack n Slash
10​
SG/ZH: School Girl / Zombie Hunter
PS4​
2021​
Action, Shooter
11​
Ratchet & Clank: QForce
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
12​
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
13​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation
Vita​
2018​
Turn-Based RPG
14​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation
Vita​
2018​
Turn-Based RPG
15​
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark
PS4​
2021​
Visual Novel
16​
Spirit Hunter: NG
PS4​
2021​
Visual Novel
17​
Sisters Royale: Five Sisters Under Fire
PS4​
2021​
Shoot em up
18​
Resident Evil 4
PS4​
2022​
Action, Horror
19​
Resident Evil 5
PS4​
2022​
Action, Horror
20​
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles HD
PS3​
2021​
On-Rails Shooter
21​
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles HD
PS3​
2021​
On-Rails Shooter
22​
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time HD
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
23​
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
24​
Stray
PS5​
2022​
Platformer
25​
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones HD
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
26​
Resident Evil HD Remaster
PS4​
2022​
Survival Horror
27​
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Remake)
PS5​
2022​
Platformer
28​
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (Remake)
PS5​
2022​
Platformer
29​
Nioh Remastered
PS5​
2022​
Action Souls RPG

FmtJjLOl.png

God of War, Forza Horizon 4 and of course Words of Wonders and Minecraft
I can`t even remember time when I wasn`t playing at least something... Words of Wonders and Minecraft - it`s a classic, i think everyone played it and those who use word finder in Words of Wonders or played Minecraft with cheatcodes - omg guys I love you!!! God of War, Forza Horizon 4 are something new for me, but yeat I really enjoy these two

Last edited:
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City via my Steam Deck, with enhancements courtesy of the Definitive Edition Project mods to make it playable with protons. With a bit of fixing to the model work it pretty much looks like what the actual Definitive trilogy should have been. I’ve got San Andreas working the same way.

I’ve been slowly playing through Fatal Frame and it’s an atmospheric title, though the core camera mechanics are a bit wonky at times.
Fatal Frame is like an old horror movie that really shines, but also can drag at times. As a video game it suffers from this especially as their runtime is just long anyway.

It really shines in the second incarnation but even that can be a slog. I played it mostly in the early hours of the morning in a schilderswijk squat which certainly enhanced the experience.

Final Fantasy VII Remake (PS4)

Wow, this was fantastic, from start to finish. For context my only experience with FF7 is Advent Children and I have briefly played a little of Dirge of Cerberus but I don't even remember anything from the latter. Adore the characters, a lot of very touching moments, the gameplay is fun (I don't mind turn-based but prefer action), the game looks amazing and the story and world kept me glued to the game for the past four days, I don't really know what much else to say apart from that I had a great time with the game and I'm so bummed I don't have a PS5 for the Intergrade content and the upcoming second part, Rebirth, hopefully I will by the time the game comes around. In the meantime though I feel I will definitely be pre-ordering Crisis Core Reunion as that will be available on both PS4 and Switch. I do also have a gaming PC but I don't think it could run FF7R Intergrade, not super well anyway and £70.00 is way to much on Steam. What I have done though is look on ebay and found a pre-owned copy of the Deluxe Edition of the game on PS4 which looks to be in excellent condition and for a great price so I grabbed that up, wanted to replace my copy anyway as I got it from CeX and it was left with some real bad sticker residue.

Score - 10/10
very glad you enjoyed it. It is an amazing game, truly a wonderful remake that the developers obviously took seriously given the magnitude of the original game.Does not matter that you cannot run at maximum graphics... This is a game that came out on PS1. You can enjoy without max graphics and in this case you evidently have.
Shadow of the Tomb Raider
I've played the first two Tomb Raider reboot games multiple times, so I'm not totally certain why Shadow isn't clicking for me. I know it's from a different developer, but it's practically identical in so many ways that it's hard to tell. I can only assume there's something about the level design and combat scenarios that aren't working as well on a fairly subtle level.

Maybe I'm getting foraging fatigue. I'm tired of so many action-adventure games requiring me to constantly poke around for twigs and berries to craft ammo when I'd rather be enjoying the scenery or firing arrows through someone's head.

Maybe it's because Shadow doesn't feel like what I want from a Tomb Raider game. I want to be raiding tombs, not picking up tedious side-quests in hub towns. I want the environmental puzzles and breathtaking sights to be on the critical path, not in hidden side areas that only exist to unlock abilities that don't seem to be worth unlocking. Also, while the reboot trilogy has been grimdark from the word go, it's pushed further here and repeats some elements of the earlier reboot games that I'd rather see left on the cutting room floor. Why has "crawl through a cave filled with mutilated corpses" become a box that every Tomb Raider game has to tick now?

Or maybe I'm just bitter because Lara's boobs keep shrinking. I am totally bitter about that.
I experienced more or less the same thing you describe but instead it was on the second game. I loved the first game very much and it never felt tedious, but by the second game I felt very limited. Granted I did not give it many hours, but my time is valuable I do not give games a long time to draw me in these days as there are plenty others for me to focus on.
Grand Theft Auto: Vice City via my Steam Deck, with enhancements courtesy of the Definitive Edition Project mods to make it playable with protons. With a bit of fixing to the model work it pretty much looks like what the actual Definitive trilogy should have been. I’ve got San Andreas working the same way.
I would like to play vice city that is well remastered because that was my first gta game and it really blew my mind at the time. My best friend is a gta fanatic so I expect she will soon have a similiar vice city setup that i can sample and enjoy. Kind of crazy how the official remaster release STILL relies on mod support to be good!!!

- Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut -

View attachment 25779

Finally completed ACT II. It's been a very longtime since I've been blown away by such skillful storytelling, excellent actor's performance and magnificent soundtrack in a game. Many emotions have emerged throughout this act and am anticipating how the main story will conclude.

- Ghost of Tsushima: Director's Cut -
Score: 11 / 10★ (Masterpiece)

Ghost_of_Tsushima_Director's_Cut_art.png
20221101_105920.jpg

Most breathtaking historical fiction story I've ever witnessed in a game. Already have heavy fascination with Mongol Empire and Feudal Japan so Ghost of Tsushima has been a real treat to experience.

Sucker Punch has delivered true impact and now I'm anticipating a sequel focusing on the second Mongolian invasion. In other words, Ghost of Tsushima 2 👹⚔️

Next up:

Ghost_of_Tsushima_Iki_Island_title.png
Ghost_of_Tsushima_Legends_title.png

Last edited:
I finished Yakuza 4 today. All the Yakuza games (including Judgement which I haven't finished yet) have made me tear up at least once so far and the streak continues. Damn these games balance goofy and serious so well. I love them so much. I have 5 but will take a break from the series before I get to it.
In the meantime I've started Shining Resonance Refrain because I fancied a JRPG and I have a copy from a humblebundle that I got a while ago so why not eh. I'm not expecting much, but sometimes a generic JRPG hits the spot y'know?

I finished Yakuza 4 today. All the Yakuza games (including Judgement which I haven't finished yet) have made me tear up at least once so far and the streak continues. Damn these games balance goofy and serious so well. I love them so much. I have 5 but will take a break from the series before I get to it.
I recommend playing Yakuza 5 in time for December. ;)

Just finished Laeticia’s side of the story in Star Ocean: The Divine Force

View attachment 26822

How is it, if you're not starved for jrpgs, necessarily? I bought 5 on day 1 and still haven't gotten past the first couple of hours.

That screen looks pretty good.

As for myself, I'm juggling :

- Gow Ragnarok (which is great but I'm struggling to imagine myself replaying it as opposed to watching my favorite moments on yt - it takes its time when I'm not sure it should)

- Plague Tale Requiem (which looks stunning graphically and artistically and is very engaging so far - OST stays winning),

- Bayonetta 3 (very slowly making my way through it, extremely ambitious in scale and setpieces and very, very fun - platinum's environmental design is still some of the worst I've ever seen, though)

On top of that I'm playing Arkham Knight a bit here and there. I had done a reverse playthrough of the Arkham series, finishing with Asylum (which is still astonishing) - then with Kevin Conroy's passing as well as Sefton Hill's departure from Rocksteady, I kept it installed.

Outstanding game and really one of the absolute best examples of iteration and escalation in a video-game series. They went overboard with the car, yes, but everything else is impeccable.

Aw hell, while we're at it. Got The Quarry on standby alongside Life is Strange True Colors. And I am VERY hyped for Callisto Protocol.

Kinetica (PS2 on PS5)

Played this one when trying out PS Plus Premium, bit of a niche one and takes some getting used to the controls but after doing so the game becomes a ton of fun; it helps that the game has a banger soundtrack as well as an early 2000's sci-fi aesthetic, which is almost always a plus in my books.

I recently completed Persona 2: Eternal Punishment and it’s a very solid entry into the franchise, and was stronger than Innocent Sin for me overall.

I am now replaying Batman: Arkham Origins as it’s an unlikely Christmas-themed game for the holidays and it was on sale on Steam.

Two more games played during November.

Game: 30 - God of War Ragnarok (PlayStation 5)
Acquired: November 2022

Because of my work bonus I decided to get the latest God of War game earlier than planned. God of War Ragnarok, aka God of War 5, is the latest instalment in the series and the second & final major instalment in the Norse mythology saga. The game takes place a few years after the events of the 2018 game and we see Kratos & Atreus deal with the threat of Ragnarok as well as other Norse gods.

Now it's been 4 years since I last played the previous game and to be honest it's been long enough that I don't actually remember what was in the previous game in terms of features. Ragnarok does retain the use of the RPG aspect with customising your skills and weapons but other than two key weapons the rest I can't recollect. However, what this game does provide is really good, the combat feels rewarding especially the parry tactic and the shield, the world-building is incredible and the character dialogue throughout is investing, which makes tackling the side content more interesting than a lot of other games. Basically, the dialogue is so good you won't be bored to death.

Now throughout my playthrough I did decide to delve into the side content as the game lets you try out some of the areas within a realm along your journey which is optional but lets you find new items to support your equipment, more XP to level up and side-quests that will benefit your trophy progression. The side-quests also add to the world-building, so it feels just as good as the main story which is great as other RPGs tend to be pretty weak on this aspect (side-quests in a lot of RPGs don't have much effort on them and are mainly fetch-quests, though I hear Trails is pretty solid for their quest content).

While you're on a boat or mounting on a sleigh with wolves, your characters will monologue throughout which adds a lot of fun moments and references to previous games. I know many people don't want to play the Greek mythology saga, but I highly recommend playing the franchise from the start to get the best impact possible on Kratos' development because there's a lot of call-backs and dialogue that hits more if you know his backstory.

I spent 45 hours overall on the game with all trophies acquired, including the Platinum. There are some tough fights with the Berserker Gravestones and a post-game boss fight but with practice and a very handy Resurrection Stone, you will beat it without an issue. One trick that I have found is that some big bosses will try to bifrost you (which eats your HP, especially if you get damaged after) and to protect yourself you'll want to double-tap the shield so that it does a deflect - you'll notice this tactic will generally appear when you see two blue circles appear on the enemy. Enemies will also have two yellow circles which if timed right will allow you to parry, or two red circles which basically means dodge them as you can't protect yourself from them.

I haven't talked much about the story or other gameplay elements to avoid major spoilers, but I do recommend going into the game with as little knowledge as possible because it's a great journey from start to finish and wraps up very well.

Game: 31 - Super Mario 64 - 3D All-Stars Version (Nintendo Switch)
Acquired: April 2021

Back when I first acquired a Nintendo Switch the first game that I basically played was the original Super Mario 64 remastered from the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection. This remaster upscales the game and makes it clearer, though it doesn't improve the framerate.

I 100% finished the Nintendo DS remake many years ago and while I owned the digital version on the Nintendo Wii via the Virtual Console, I had never finished the original before and now I finally have. I started the game earlier in the year but only continued where I left off while I was on holiday since I brought the Nintendo Switch with me.

The camera is pretty terrible, it's not great and has caused a lot of deaths as a result so I won't lie there. But besides that, I do think the rest of the gameplay holds up very well. The jump setup is cool, the weird crouch-jump trick is handy for large gaps, and it's challenging in specific areas. I haven't gone for 100% completion in this instance because I can't be asked to try and get 100 coins for each level so I managed to get as many as 108 of 120 stars overall (6 stars of 7 for each level, though I did manage to get 100 coins for 2 levels, and about 11 of 15 from the Castle).

Overall, Super Mario 64 is good fun and will eventually go through the other two games in the collection later.

My backlog so far:
#​
PC/Steam Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyTurn-Based RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SCTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation 3 Backlog - Game Name:​
Genre:
1​
3D Dot Game HeroesAction RPG
2​
Castlevania: Lords of ShadowAction, Hack n Slash
3​
CatherinePuzzle
4​
Drakengard 3Action RPG
5​
Eternal SonataTurn-Based RPG
6​
FolkloreAction RPG
7​
inFAMOUSAction
8​
inFAMOUS 2Action
9​
Katamari ForeverPuzzle
10​
PuppeteerPlatformer
11​
Sly Cooper: Thieves in TimeAction, Platformer
12​
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordTactical RPG, Visual Novel
13​
Way of the Samurai 4Action
#​
PlayStation 4 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
13 Sentinels: Aegis RimTactical RPG, Visual Novel
2​
AI: The Somnium FilesAdventure, Visual Novel
3​
Black Clover: Quartet KnightsAction, Fighting
4​
Bullet Girls PhantasiaAction, Shooter
5​
The Caligula Effect: OverdoseTurn-Based RPG
6​
Captain Tsubasa: Rise of New ChampionsSports
7​
Catherine Full BodyPuzzle
8​
Chaos;ChildVisual Novel
9​
Conception Plus: Maidens of the Twelve StarsTurn-Based RPG
10​
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlineAction RPG
11​
Danganronpa 1 ReloadVisual Novel
12​
Danganronpa 2 ReloadVisual Novel
13​
Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyVisual Novel
14​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 1: Rinne UtopiaVisual Novel, Dating Sim
15​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 2: Ars InstallVisual Novel, Dating Sim
16​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 3: Twin Edition: Rio ReincarnationVisual Novel, Dating Sim
17​
Disaster Report 4: Summer MemoriesAdventure, Simulation
18​
Dragon Quest Heroes IIAction RPG, Musou
19​
Dragon's Crown ProAction RPG
20​
Fairy TailTurn-Based RPG
21​
Fate/Extella LinkMusou
22​
Final Fantasy VIII RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
23​
Full Metal Panic! Fight! Who Dares WinTactical RPG
24​
Gal*Gun 2On-Rails Shooter
25​
Gintama RumbleAction, Musou
26​
GOD EATER 3Action Hunter RPG
27​
Gravity Rush 2Action, Platformer
28​
The Great Ace Attorney: AdventuresVisual Novel
29​
The Great Ace Attorney 2: ResolveVisual Novel
30​
Gundam Breaker 3 BREAK EDITIONAction, Arcade
31​
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite CombateAction RPG
32​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenFighting
33​
Kotodama: The 7 Mysteries of FujisawaPuzzle, Visual Novel
34​
LangrisserTactical RPG
35​
Langrisser IITactical RPG
36​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelTurn-Based RPG
37​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IITurn-Based RPG
38​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIITurn-Based RPG
39​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IVTurn-Based RPG
40​
Megadimension Neptunia VIITurn-Based RPG
41​
Megadimension Neptunia VIIRTurn-Based RPG
42​
MELTY BLOOD: TYPE LUMINAFighting
43​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja StormAction, Fighting
44​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 2Action, Fighting
45​
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3Action, Fighting
46​
NEO: The World Ends With YouAction RPG
47​
Neptunia Virtual StarsAction
48​
Neptunia x Senran Kagura: Ninja WarsAction
49​
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch RemasteredTurn-Based RPG
50​
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant KingdomAction RPG
51​
Nights of AzureAction RPG
52​
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New MoonAction RPG
53​
One Piece Burning BloodFighting
54​
One Piece Unlimited World RedAction
55​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3Musou
56​
Our World Is EndedVisual Novel
57​
Persona 5 RoyalTurn-Based RPG
58​
Persona 5 StrikersAction RPG, Musou
59​
Phoenix Wright: Ace AttorneyVisual Novel
60​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Justice for AllVisual Novel
61​
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Trials and TribulationsVisual Novel
62​
Punch LineVisual Novel
63​
Raging LoopVisual Novel
64​
Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-: Prophecy of the ThroneVisual Novel
65​
Resident Evil 6Action Horror
66​
Resident Evil: RevelationsAction Horror
67​
Resident Evil: Revelations 2Action Horror
68​
Robotics;Notes DaSHVisual Novel
69​
Robotics;Notes ELITEVisual Novel
70​
SD Gundam G Generation Cross RaysTactical RPG
71​
SD Gundam G Generation GenesisTactical RPG
72​
Secret of ManaAction RPG
73​
Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiMusou
74​
Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalAction
75​
Shin Megami Tensei III: Nocturne HD RemasterTurn-Based RPG
76​
Shining Resonance: RefrainAction RPG
77​
Steins;Gate EliteVisual Novel
78​
Super Neptunia RPGTurn-Based RPG
79​
Super Robot Wars 30Tactical RPG
80​
Super Robot Wars OG: The Moon DwellersTactical RPG
81​
Super Robot Wars TTactical RPG
82​
Super Robot Wars XTactical RPG
83​
Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletAction RPG
84​
Taiko no Tatsujin: Drum Sessions!Music, Rhythm
85​
Tales of BerseriaAction RPG
86​
Tales of VesperiaAction RPG
87​
Tales of ZestiriaAction RPG
88​
Tokyo Xanadu eX+Action RPG
89​
Trials of ManaAction RPG
90​
Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionTactical RPG, Visual Novel
91​
Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthTactical RPG, Visual Novel
92​
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the FallenTactical RPG, Visual Novel
93​
Utawarerumono: ZanAction, Musou
94​
Valkyria Chronicles 4Tactical RPG
95​
Valkyria RevolutionAction RPG
96​
Wing of DarknessAction, Arcade
97​
The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival EditionAction RPG
98​
WORLDEND SYNDROMEVisual Novel
99​
Yakuza 3 RemasteredAction Beat em up
100​
Yakuza 4 RemasteredAction Beat em up
101​
Yakuza 5 RemasteredAction Beat em up
102​
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldVisual Novel
103​
Ys IX: Monstrum NoxAction RPG
#​
PlayStation 5 Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Cyberpunk 2077Action
2​
JudgmentAction, Beat em up
3​
Lost JudgmentAction, Beat em up
4​
Neptunia ReVerseTurn-Based RPG
5​
Nioh 2Action Souls RPG
6​
Record of Lodoss War: Deedlit of Wonder LabyrinthMetroidvania RPG
7​
Resident Evil 2Survival Horror
8​
Resident Evil 3Survival Horror
9​
Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy OriginAction Souls RPG
10​
Super Monkey Ball: Banana ManiaPuzzle
11​
Yakuza 7: Like a DragonTurn-Based RPG
#​
PlayStation Vita Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Bullet GirlsAction, Shooter
2​
Freedom WarsAction
3​
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartTactical RPG
4​
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action UnleashedAction
5​
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS ZombiesAction, Musou
6​
Muv-LuvVisual Novel, Dating Sim
7​
Muv-Luv AlternativeVisual Novel
8​
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard GirlsTurn-Based RPG
9​
Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniAction
#​
Nintendo Switch Backlog - Game Name:Genre:
1​
Fire Emblem: Three HousesTactical RPG
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails from ZeroTurn-Based RPG
3​
The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the WildAction RPG
4​
Mario Kart 8 DeluxeRacing
5​
New Super Mario Bros U DeluxePlatformer
6​
Senran Kagura ReflexionsSimulation
7​
Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's FuryAction, Platformer
8​
Super Mario GalaxyAction, Platformer
9​
Super Mario SunshineAction, Platformer
10​
Super Smash Bros. UltimateFighting
11​
Xenoblade Chronicles: Definitive EditionAction RPG
12​
Xenoblade Chronicles 2Action RPG

gGNW84cl.png
52 Games Goal:
No.Game
Console​
Acquired​
Genre
1​
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
PS3​
2017​
Musou
2​
Toukiden 2
PS4​
2019​
Hunter RPG
3​
Fist of the Nort Star: Lost Paradise
PS4​
2019​
Action, Beat em Up
4​
JUMP FORCE
PS4​
2022​
Fighting
5​
Saint Seiya: Soldiers' Soul
PS4​
2020​
Fighting
6​
Code Vein
PS4​
2020​
Action Souls RPG
7​
Super Robot Wars V
PS4​
2019​
Tactical RPG
8​
Gran Turismo 7
PS5​
2022​
Racing
9​
Onechanbara Z2: Chaos
PS4​
2020​
Action, Hack n Slash
10​
SG/ZH: School Girl / Zombie Hunter
PS4​
2021​
Action, Shooter
11​
Ratchet & Clank: QForce
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
12​
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
13​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sisters Generation
Vita​
2018​
Turn-Based RPG
14​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V Generation
Vita​
2018​
Turn-Based RPG
15​
Spirit Hunter: Death Mark
PS4​
2021​
Visual Novel
16​
Spirit Hunter: NG
PS4​
2021​
Visual Novel
17​
Sisters Royale: Five Sisters Under Fire
PS4​
2021​
Shoot em up
18​
Resident Evil 4
PS4​
2022​
Action, Horror
19​
Resident Evil 5
PS4​
2022​
Action, Horror
20​
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles HD
PS3​
2021​
On-Rails Shooter
21​
Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles HD
PS3​
2021​
On-Rails Shooter
22​
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time HD
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
23​
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within HD
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
24​
Stray
PS5​
2022​
Platformer
25​
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones HD
PS3​
2021​
Action, Platformer
26​
Resident Evil HD Remaster
PS4​
2022​
Survival Horror
27​
Klonoa: Door to Phantomile (Remake)
PS5​
2022​
Platformer
28​
Klonoa 2: Lunatea's Veil (Remake)
PS5​
2022​
Platformer
29​
Nioh Remastered
PS5​
2022​
Action Souls RPG
30​
God of War Ragnarok
PS5​
2022​
Action RPG
31​
Super Mario 64 (3D All-Stars HD Remaster)
Switch​
2021​
Platformer

FmtJjLOl.png

I finished Shining Resonance Refrain (and 100% it)
It certainly scratched the JRPG itch. Yes it was pretty generic but I still enjoyed it. Sometimes you don't need a deep story or complicated mechanics to enjoy a game. Surprising amount of post game content too.
Now that's done tho and as suggested by Grav, time to go back to Japanese crime with Yakuza 5 just in time for December. Is this game gonna make me cry as well? I'm 6 for 6 (including Judgement) so there's a very good possibility it will 😂

I've been playing a fair bit of A Plague Tale Innocence today; I'm up to chapter 11 if I can remember, it's pretty good all things considered and I normally am not a fan of stealth but the level design actually makes it work.

Finally getting around to playing the rest of Elden Ring, I've been on and off with this one, not because I'm having any trouble enjoying it (the polar opposite in fact) but rather I wanted it to last because it is such a good game; well deserving of this year's game of the year award, unless God of War Ragnarok winds up being better (I've not played it just yet) but it's got a herculean battle for any chance of being better than Elden Ring.

Back