What Games Are You Playing?

Since I got my PS5 last week I've completed Astro's Playroom, Control, Nier Automata 1st playthrough and right now I'm playing Days Gone. I'm in love with this console so far.

I recently completed Persona 5S. The gameplay change worked pretty well and the story was more in-depth than I was anticipating. The new characters worked for the most part as well Ichinose’s obvious-to-predict betrayal and redemption notwithstanding.

I did find the requests repetitive in places though and wasn’t about to grind for all the bond rewards or a completed Persona compendium but got a solid playtime from the story and sidequests, and had a fun time with the game overall.

I am now playing through the recently released PS5 edition of Yakuza: Like a Dragon, and struggling a bit to get adjusted to the turn-based combat, having been so used to the fighting styles of the previous six entries.

That said, Kasuga is already warming me over as the new central protagonist, and the signature humour of the series is still present so will be sticking with the game to give it a fair chance - if I could get used to the gameplay change with P5 S then hopefully the same will apply here.

Last edited:
I've been chipping away at Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle for a few months, and finally completed it. Definitely one of the more bizarre crossovers out there. It's also a surprisingly good Xcom clone.

One of the most enjoyable aspects is how much it subverts and makes fun of Nintendo's characters, something that I can't believe was allowed to this extent. Rabbid Mario looks like he'd have an injunction preventing him from going within 100 metres of a primary school. But the best has to be Princess Peach, who is a tank-class character wielding a shotgun. No sexist "crying power" for her this time, thankfully.

The only downside is that it runs out of steam halfway. It's a 30 hour game, but after the halfway point you're just facing reskinned versions of the same half dozen enemy types over and over. Even some of the later bosses are reskinned standard enemies. Also there aren't enough mission types: every battle is either "kill 'em all" or "Get from point A to B."

That said, the core mechanics remain enjoyable throughout. The game is often discounted to around £10, and for that price it's well worth buying.

Completed the Final Fantasy VII Remake after it was put on ps+ this month. Played through on easy as I'm not much of a gamer and I've never played any Final Fantasy before.

I have to say I loved it. The story was engaging, the characters were interesting and varied and likeable. The scenery was gorgeous and cinematic. Also the fact it was a linear story was a massive plus point for me. I don't like big open world games. I like playing through a linear story of set missions. So this game was basically perfect for me.

I almost rage quit when (big spoiler!: Jessie died I was so angry! Lol. But that just shows how invested I got into the whole thing. Absolutely fantastic game. It's basically all I did with my free time for 2 weeks and several days later I'm still thinking about it 10/10

Completed the Final Fantasy VII Remake after it was put on ps+ this month. Played through on easy as I'm not much of a gamer and I've never played any Final Fantasy before.

I have to say I loved it. The story was engaging, the characters were interesting and varied and likeable. The scenery was gorgeous and cinematic. Also the fact it was a linear story was a massive plus point for me. I don't like big open world games. I like playing through a linear story of set missions. So this game was basically perfect for me.

I almost rage quit when (big spoiler!: Jessie died I was so angry! Lol. But that just shows how invested I got into the whole thing. Absolutely fantastic game. It's basically all I did with my free time for 2 weeks and several days later I'm still thinking about it 10/10
I highly recommend the original FFVII. I've replayed it every year or two since 1998. The remake only covers what was the opening 5 hours of the game, so there's a lot that will be new to you.

I highly recommend the original FFVII. I've replayed it every year or two since 1998. The remake only covers what was the opening 5 hours of the game, so there's a lot that will be new to you.
The original is very interesting in terms of gameplay as well (my overall impressions I have on my blog). The versions on current platforms also has speed boost if anyone needs to speed up the grind from time to time.

Also:

Yeah a mate of mine is insanely into final fantasy. He even plays the card game. Hes been trying to get me into it for a while so hes been happy to tell me the differences between the 2 for this first part. Hes been good at not giving me spoilers for the rest though.
speed boost if anyone needs to speed up the grind from time to time
Interesting. The need for grinding is probably the biggest thing putting me off as it seems like a massive chore.

I think I only played through the original once. I was a little late to the party, so it wasn't on release (I didn't have a console during uni). Must have been about late '99/early '00 after I graduated when I got my PS1. I don't tend to replay games much I think the PS2 GTA Trilogy are my most played and I haven't touched those in ages either. When I was trophy hunting I would have to go through some games a few times, but just for the trophies rather than any enjoyment of the game.

I'm currently still working on Princess Connect Re: Dive and I mean working as it's become a bit like a second job just to keep up with other people especially in the PvP parts. I've managed to get 41/46 characters without paying any money (not strictly true, Google gave me £2, so I brought the cheapest pack which only gave me 1 gatcha pull). By logging in each day and doing everything that is available, plus special events that have popped up I've managed to build my squad enough to complete the available Normal PvE and nearly finish the available Hard PvE and get into the top 500 in both the available PvP. So there's plenty of opportunity to earn ways of getting the characters and to Power them up.

There's also lots of story to watch/read.
Each character has an Affinity story with you/MC, as does each guild and there's a main story as well, all voiced by some of the biggest VAs in the anime industry. You even get Jewels (the main currency) for watching each chapter! Plus power ups for the character chapters.

Last edited:
FINAL FANTASY VII REMAKE. I played the original many years ago, but never managed to finish it. I don't even remember much from original, sadly. Anyway, after spending a few hours with remake I can say only one thing - I love this game! The interaction between characters makes me giggle, seriously. And gameplay is so much fun! 🤗

EVwm1B4WsAAqy2A

Completed Game #09:
Final Fantasy VII
(for PlayStation 4)

After playing the remake and thanks to those who voted in my Twitter poll, I finally checked out the original 1997 version of Final Fantasy VII, using the PlayStation 4 version for my playthrough (which is a port of the PC release). This is basically the game that helped Squaresoft get more popularity back in the day and surprisingly I never played it. I did watch the sequel film Advent Children about 40 times when I was younger but never once did I consider the original. I think the issue was down to the gameplay which may be the reason why I never bothered with it, even though I have played through games that were similar back in the day such as Final Fantasy III on the Nintendo DS (which was ridiculously hard and is not recommended for newcomers) and Chrono Trigger (I never finished it but I quite enjoyed playing this on the Nintendo DS).

So Final Fantasy VII is the 7th major instalment in the JRPG franchise. It's a traditional turn-based type game where you control 3 characters in a battle that is timed so you have to take action in a quick but tactical matter. Most fights can be done by simply selecting Attack but there are moments where Magic and special individual abilities called Limits would be used. The Materia system is really good and I like being able to customise and share the abilities and skills between the characters, though I wish I was able to customise the Materia when I'm during the dungeons from characters that are not in the party because if one non-party character has your Restore materia you are screwed (thankfully this complaint has been amended in the VII Remake version).

Final Fantasy VII's original release was split across 3 discs and each disc basically covers a good idea on what the story covers. Part 1 focuses on Midgar, the game's first chapter of the story which takes around 5-6 hours depending on your speed, before eventually going out into the open-world that is traditional in the world of Final Fantasy. You start off walking around but later down the line additional options become available that makes travel much easier, such as riding Chocobos to using a vehicle.

Random enemy encounters are a thing in this game and honestly, I wasn't that bothered by it because the gameplay is very quick and fast-paced which is a surprise. As mentioned before, if you are levelled correctly, a majority of the fights can be sorted by using Attack only and maybe a Limit break or Magic that can hit every enemy in the battle at once. The boss fights are quite challenging and it's always recommended that you are prepared especially as some enemies can sneak in a quick easy blow that can knock out a party member.​

EWH9VwWXkAAnGHU

Outside of the story, there is a couple of side-content available. There's a location where you can do battle arena stuff, bet on Chocobos and play random mini-games that would allow you to earn some items. The battle arena is also essential if you wish to acquire Cloud's final limit break. In addition to the side-content, you can also get two more party members; Yuffie followed by Vincent. Both of these characters have special requirements but are worth going through as each of them also has their own side-quests that add more background to the storyline.

Overall, after spending 35 hours playtime, getting to level 70 as Cloud, acquiring every limit break for each character and getting some of the unique materia available, I had a good time playing Final Fantasy VII and I can see why this game is beloved by many fans over the years. If you go for the current-gen versions you also have access to 3x speed mode which I highly recommend using to speed up the pace as it can take a while to get through some parts of the dungeons. There's also a Battle Enhancement Mode which I did use only for the limit breaks due to the requirements to spend like 70-80 kills per person twice to unlock limit breaks which can take multiple hours.
I also feel that Pokemon fire red is perhaps the best pokemon game to date. This was perhaps the first pokemon game that I played & since my childhood this game has stuck to me. I was recently playing alot of it with cheats pokemon fire. Man it was so amazing playing my fav childhood game. And tbh the game has only gotten better with time. The most awesome pokemon game man!
As for how I think the VII Remake will go, I suspect it'll need at least 4 parts overall if they want to expand everything that has been going on in the game i.e. Part 1: Disc 1's Midgar, Part 2: Disc 1's Open-World up to Forgotten City, Part 3: Disc 2's Journey to Whirlwind Maze, Part 4: Disc 2 & 3's Cloud & co. coming together to save the planet.

Final Fantasy VII is available to play on PlayStation, PlayStation 3 (PS1 ver.), PlayStation Portable (PS1 ver.), PlayStation Vita (PS1 ver.), PlayStation 4 (PC ver.), Xbox One (PC ver.), Nintendo Switch (PC ver.) and PC.
My backlog so far:
#Game NamePlatformGenre
01The 25th Ward: The Silver CasePS4Visual Novel
02428: Shibuya ScramblePS4Visual Novel
03Blue ReflectionPS4Turn-Based RPG
04Bullet GirlsVitaThird Person Shooter
05Castlevania: Lords of ShadowPS3Action
06CatherinePS3Puzzle
07Chaos;ChildPS4Visual Novel
08Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlinePS4Action RPG
09Danganronpa 1 ReloadPS4Visual Novel
10Danganronpa 2 ReloadPS4Visual Novel
11Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyPS4Visual Novel
12Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 FortunePS4Simulation
13Deadly Premonition: The Director's CutPS3Horror
14Demon GazeVitaDungeon RPG
15Digimon Story: Cyber SleuthPS4Turn-Based RPG
16Dragon's CrownPS3Action RPG
17Drakengard 3PS3Action RPG
18Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2PS3Musou
19Eternal SonataPS3Turn-Based RPG
20Fate/Extella: The Umbral StarPS4Musou
21Fate/Extella LinkPS4Musou
22Fist of the North Star: Lost ParadisePS4Action
23FolklorePS3Action
24Freedom WarsVitaAction RPG
25Gal*Gun: Double PeacePS4On-Rails Shooter
26GOD EATER ResurrectionPS4Action RPG
27GOD EATER 2: Rage BurstPS4Action RPG
28.hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth RemasteredPS4Action RPG
29.hack//G.U. Vol.2: Reminisce RemasteredPS4Action RPG
30.hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption RemasteredPS4Action RPG
31.hack//G.U. Vol.4: ReconnectionPS4Action RPG
32Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartVitaTactical RPG
33Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1VitaTurn-Based RPG
34Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sister's GenerationVitaTurn-Based RPG
35Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V GenerationVitaTurn-Based RPG
36Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action UnleashedVitaMusou
37JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenPS4Fighting
38Katamari ForeverPS3Puzzle
39Killzone 2PS3First Person Shooter
40The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyPC/SteamTurn-Based RPG
41The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second ChapterPC/SteamTurn-Based RPG
42The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelPS4Turn-Based RPG
43The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIPS4Turn-Based RPG
44The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIIPS4Turn-Based RPG
45Megadimension Neptunia VIIPS4Turn-Based RPG
46Megadimension Neptunia VIIRPS4Turn-Based RPG
47MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS ZombiesVitaMusou
48Muv-LuvVitaVisual Novel
49Muv-Luv AlternativeVitaVisual Novel
50Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White WitchPS3Turn-Based RPG
51Nights of AzurePS4Action RPG
52One Piece: Pirate Warriors 4PS4Musou
53Onechanbara Z2: ChaosPS4Action
54Our World Is EndedPS4Visual Novel
55Persona 4 Arena UltimaxPS3Fighting
56Persona 5 RoyalPS4Turn-Based RPG
57Punch LinePS4Visual Novel
58PuppeteerPS3Platformer
59Raging LoopPS4Visual Novel
60Sengoku Basara 3: Samurai HeroesPS3Musou
61Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiPS4Musou
62Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson3DSAction
63Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalPS4Action
64Shining Resonance: RefrainPS4Action RPG
65Siren Blood CursePS3Horror
66Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HDPS3Platformer
67Sly 2: Band of Thieves HDPS3Platformer
68Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves HDPS3Platformer
69Soul Calibur VPS3Fighting
70Steins;Gate ElitePS4Visual Novel
71Steins;Gate: Linear Bound PhenogramPS4Visual Novel
72Super Robot Wars VPS4Tactical RPG
73Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard GirlsVitaTurn-Based RPG
74Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletPS4Action RPG
75Sword Art Online: Hollow RealizationPS4Action RPG
76Tales of BerseriaPS4Action RPG
77Tales of the Abyss3DSAction RPG
78Tales of VesperiaPS4Action RPG
79Tales of Xillia 2PS3Action RPG
80Tales of ZestiriaPS4Action RPG
81Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordPS3Tactical RPG
82Tokyo Xanadu eX+PS4Turn-Based RPG
83Touch My KatamariVitaPuzzle
84Toukiden 2PS4Action RPG
85Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionPS4Tactical RPG / Visual Novel
86Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthPS4Tactical RPG / Visual Novel
87Utawarerumono: ZanPS4Musou
88Valkyria Chronicles RemasteredPS4Tactical RPG
89Valkyria Chronicles 4PS4Tactical RPG
90Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniVitaAction
91White Knight ChroniclesPS3Turn-Based RPG
92White Knight Chronicles IIPS3Turn-Based RPG
93WORLDEND SYNDROMEPS4Visual Novel
94Yakuza 6: The Song of LifePS4Action
95Yakuza Kiwami 2PS4Action
96Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of DanaPS4Action RPG
97YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldPS4Visual Novel
98Zero Escape: Zero Time DilemmaPS4Visual Novel
Completed Games Collection of 2020:
#Game NamePlatformGenreMonth
01Kingdom Hearts III ReMIND (+ KHIII Post-game content)PS4Action RPGJanuary
02Final Fantasy X HD RemasterPS4Turn-Based RPGFebruary
03Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac AgePS4Action RPGFebruary
04Ys OriginPS4Action RPGMarch
05DOOMPS4First Person ShooterMarch
06DOOM II: Hell on EarthPS4First Person ShooterMarch
07DOOM 64PS4First Person ShooterMarch
08Final Fantasy VII RemakePS4Action RPGApril
09Final Fantasy VIIPS4Turn-Based RPGApril

Platinum Trophy Collection:
#Game NamePlatformGenreYear
01Saints Row: The ThirdPS3Action2014
02JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star BattlePS3Fighting2015
03Hyperdimension NeptuniaPS3Turn-Based RPG2015
04Dekamori Senran KaguraVitaMusic/Rhythm2015
05Steins;GatePS3Visual Novel2015
06NieRPS3Action RPG2015
07No More Heroes: Heroes' ParadisePS3Action2015
08Asura's WrathPS3Action2015
09Saints Row IVPS3Action2015
10The Darkness IIPS3First Person Shooter2015
11Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2PS3Turn-Based RPG2016
12Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HDPS3Action2016
13Senran Kagura Shinovi VersusVitaAction2016
14Gravity RushVitaPlatformer2016
15Hyperdimension Neptunia VictoryPS3Turn-Based RPG2016
16ResogunPS4Arcade Shooter2016
17Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair GirlsVitaThird Person Shooter2016
18Game of Thrones: A Telltale GamePS4Adventure2016
19Miracle Girls FestivalVitaMusic/Rhythm2017
20Senran Kagura Estival VersusPS4Action2017
21The Wolf Among UsPS4Adventure2017
22Final Fantasy XVPS4Action RPG2017
23AmplitudePS4Music/Rhythm2017
24Root LetterPS4Visual Novel2017
25IA/VT -Colorful-VitaMusic/Rhythm2017
26Persona 4: Dancing All NightVitaMusic/Rhythm2017
27Gravity Rush RemasteredPS4Platformer2017
28NieR: AutomataPS4Action RPG2017
29The Silver CasePS4Visual Novel2017
30Steins;Gate 0PS4Visual Novel2017
31Under Defeat HDPS3Arcade Shooter2017
32Tales from the BorderlandsPS4Adventure2017
33Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD CollectionPS3Fighting2017
34Life is StrangePS4Adventure2017
35Sword Art Online: Lost SongPS4Action RPG2017
36Crash Bandicoot RemasteredPS4Platformer2017
37Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back RemasteredPS4Platformer2017
38Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped RemasteredPS4Platformer2017
39Final Fantasy Type-0 HDPS4Action RPG2017
40Corpse Party: Blood DriveVitaHorror2018
41Persona 5PS4Turn-Based RPG2018
42Zero Escape: The Nonary GamesPS4Visual Novel2018
43Persona 4: Dancing All Night [Japanese Version]PS4Music/Rhythm2018
44Marvel's Spider-ManPS4Action2018
45Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & UndressedPS4Action RPG2019
46Spyro the Dragon RemasteredPS4Platformer2019
47Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage RemasteredPS4Platfomer2019
48Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon RemasteredPS4Platformer2019
49Tekken Tag Tournament HDPS3Fighting2019
50Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HDPS3Platformer2019
51Taiko no Tatsujin V VersionVitaMusic/Rhythm2019
52Utakumi 575VitaMusic/Rhythm2019
53Jak II: Renegade HDPS3Platformer2019
54Jak 3 HDPS3Platformer2019
55Ratchet & Clank HDPS3Platformer2019
56Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando HDPS3Platformer2019
57Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal HDPS3Platformer2019
58Senran Kagura: Peach Beach SplashPS4Third Person Shooter2019
59Kingdom Hearts IIIPS4Action RPG2020
This is so awesome man! woah

hW0Qetpm.jpg

Completed Game #6 | Odin Sphere Leifthrasir (PS4)

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is a remaster of the classic 2007 Action RPG game developed by Vanillaware (13 Sentinels, Dragon's Crown) and published by Atlus. I bought the game back in July 2018 and finally played it recently. From the get-go, the game's art design is breathtaking and the English dub is really good, though the dialogue taking breaks during discussion due to the bubble text is rather off-putting. You do have the option to play the game with Japanese voices of course.

Anywho, this is about a young girl and her cat reading stories centred towards five different individuals who you can control and each have different fighting styles. Most of them are sword based but you also have a bow gun and a whip weapon of sorts. The game's level up system depends on you defeating enemies or simply eating food that you can either grow, have them made in an outdoor restaurant or spend the money at a village cafe. The money can be earned by finding random coins on the go or defeating enemies in a special zone where earning enough points gives you better rewards.

The story of Odin Sphere is covered through different books, with each book also structured as seven chapters plus a prologue and epilogue. In each chapter, you go through a set of areas/corridors that are either empty, have hidden paths to secret items, a battle against foes, a mini-boss fight or a major boss battle to wrap up the chapter. The battles can be done quickly and have a variety of enemies so it doesn't end up being too samey unless you revisit that location. Each chapter can take you at least 30 minutes if you get every Photon item and recipes on the map. Photons can be used to unlock new abilities that can be upgraded, while the recipes are there to make new potions (for support or to be used against enemies) or add more food options in the outdoor restaurant.

Gameplay is very good in general and having different characters with different playstyles adds a variety to the mix to avoid repetition. The story is also strong though it can be a bit messy in the narrative due to the individual stories taking place at different parts of the timeline, for instance one is set before the other and vice versa. The final book also has different alternate scenes so your choices in that part of the story can make a difference to what ending you get. A Boss Rush mode can be unlocked after story completion which is located in the Epilogue chapter for each character that has an area with 30 different boss fights.

Overall, Odin Sphere is a really solid game and the art design, music, dub and gameplay were all very good with only minor issues in general. I also acquired the Platinum trophy with a playtime of 26 hours. The trophies are essentially finishing the story, acquiring all of the Photons, recipes and scenes during the final book, plus you'll want to eat the food at the outdoor restaurant as you progress to save yourself a lot of time. You do not need to fully upgrade your Photon abilities and only one character is needed to have all of the boxed abilities acquired (which are earned with a point that is achieved when you level up, with 65 in total needed to complete it).

Odin Sphere Leifthrasir is available to own physically and digitally on PlayStation 4 and PlayStation Vita (plus PlayStation 3 for Japanese owners).​

My backlog so far:
#Platform#Game NameGenre
1​
3DS​
1​
Senran Kagura 2: Deep CrimsonAction
2​
3DS​
2​
Tales of the AbyssAction RPG
3​
PC/Steam​
1​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the SkyTurn-Based RPG
4​
PC/Steam​
2​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second ChapterTurn-Based RPG
5​
PS3
1​
Castlevania: Lords of ShadowAction
6​
PS3
2​
CatherinePuzzle
7​
PS3
3​
Drakengard 3Action RPG
8​
PS3
4​
Eternal SonataTurn-Based RPG
9​
PS3
5​
FolkloreAction
10​
PS3
6​
Katamari ForeverPuzzle
11​
PS3
7​
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White WitchTurn-Based RPG
12​
PS3
8​
PuppeteerPlatformer
13​
PS3
9​
Sengoku Basara 3: Samurai HeroesMusou
14​
PS3
10​
Siren Blood CurseHorror
15​
PS3
11​
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HDPlatformer
16​
PS3
12​
Sly 2: Band of Thieves HDPlatformer
17​
PS3
13​
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves HDPlatformer
18​
PS3
14​
Soul Calibur VFighting
19​
PS3
15​
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the OverlordTactical RPG / Visual Novel
20​
PS3
16​
White Knight ChroniclesTurn-Based RPG
21​
PS3
17​
White Knight Chronicles IITurn-Based RPG
22​
PS4​
1​
The 25th Ward: The Silver CaseVisual Novel
23​
PS4​
2​
428: Shibuya ScrambleVisual Novel
24​
PS4​
3​
Attack on Titan 2: Final BattleMusou
25​
PS4​
4​
Blue ReflectionTurn-Based RPG
26​
PS4​
5​
Chaos;ChildVisual Novel
27​
PS4​
6​
Code VeinAction RPG
28​
PS4​
7​
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses OnlineAction RPG
29​
PS4​
8​
Danganronpa 1 ReloadVisual Novel
30​
PS4​
9​
Danganronpa 2 ReloadVisual Novel
31​
PS4​
10​
Danganronpa V3: Killing HarmonyVisual Novel
32​
PS4​
11​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 1: Rinne UtopiaVisual Novel
33​
PS4​
12​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 2: Ars InstallVisual Novel
34​
PS4​
13​
Date A Live: Rio-Reincarnation - 3: Twin Edition: Rio ReincarnationVisual Novel
35​
PS4​
14​
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 FortuneSimulation
36​
PS4​
15​
Dragon's Crown ProAction RPG
37​
PS4​
16​
Fate/Extella LinkMusou
38​
PS4​
17​
Fist of the North Star: Lost ParadiseAction
39​
PS4​
18​
Gal*Gun 2On-Rails Shooter
40​
PS4​
19​
Is it Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Infinite CombateAction RPG
41​
PS4​
20​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of HeavenFighting
42​
PS4​
21​
JudgmentAction
43​
PS4​
22​
Kandagawa Jet GirlsRacing
44​
PS4​
23​
LangrisserTactical RPG
45​
PS4​
24​
Langrisser IITactical RPG
46​
PS4​
25​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold SteelTurn-Based RPG
47​
PS4​
26​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IITurn-Based RPG
48​
PS4​
27​
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel IIITurn-Based RPG
49​
PS4​
28​
Megadimension Neptunia VIITurn-Based RPG
50​
PS4​
29​
Megadimension Neptunia VIIRTurn-Based RPG
51​
PS4​
30​
Ni no Kuni II: Revenant KingdomAction RPG
52​
PS4​
31​
Nights of AzureAction RPG
53​
PS4​
32​
Nights of Azure 2: Bride of the New MoonAction RPG
54​
PS4​
33​
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3Musou
55​
PS4​
34​
Onechanbara Z2: ChaosAction
56​
PS4​
35​
Our World Is EndedVisual Novel
57​
PS4​
36​
Persona 5 RoyalTurn-Based RPG
58​
PS4​
37​
Punch LineVisual Novel
59​
PS4​
38​
Raging LoopVisual Novel
60​
PS4​
39​
Robotics;Notes DaSHVisual Novel
61​
PS4​
40​
Robotics;Notes ELITEVisual Novel
62​
PS4​
41​
Saint Seiya: Soldier's SoulFighting
63​
PS4​
42​
Sakura WarsAction RPG / Dating Sim
64​
PS4​
43​
Sengoku Basara 4: SumeragiMusou
65​
PS4​
44​
Senran Kagura Burst Re:NewalAction
66​
PS4​
45​
Shining Resonance: RefrainAction RPG
67​
PS4​
46​
Steins;Gate EliteVisual Novel
68​
PS4​
47​
Steins;Gate: Linear Bound PhenogramVisual Novel
69​
PS4​
48​
Super Robot Wars VTactical RPG
70​
PS4​
49​
Super Robot Wars XTactical RPG
71​
PS4​
50​
Sword Art Online: Fatal BulletAction RPG
72​
PS4​
51​
Tales of BerseriaAction RPG
73​
PS4​
52​
Tales of VesperiaAction RPG
74​
PS4​
53​
Tales of ZestiriaAction RPG
75​
PS4​
54​
Tokyo Xanadu eX+Action RPG
76​
PS4​
55​
Toukiden 2Action RPG
77​
PS4​
56​
Utawarerumono: Mask of DeceptionTactical RPG / Visual Novel
78​
PS4​
57​
Utawarerumono: Mask of TruthTactical RPG / Visual Novel
79​
PS4​
58​
Utawarerumono: Prelude to the FallenTactical RPG / Visual Novel
80​
PS4​
59​
Utawarerumono: ZanMusou
81​
PS4​
60​
Valkyria Chronicles RemasteredTactical RPG
82​
PS4​
61​
Valkyria Chronicles 4Tactical RPG
83​
PS4​
62​
The Witch and the Hundred Knight Revival EditionAction RPG
84​
PS4​
63​
WORLDEND SYNDROMEVisual Novel
85​
PS4​
64​
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this WorldVisual Novel
86​
PS4​
65​
Ys IX: Monstrum NoxAction RPG
87​
Vita​
1​
Bullet GirlsThird Person Shooter
88​
Vita​
2​
Demon GazeDungeon RPG
89​
Vita​
3​
Freedom WarsAction
90​
Vita​
4​
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black HeartTactical RPG
91​
Vita​
5​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1Turn-Based RPG
92​
Vita​
6​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2: Sister's GenerationTurn-Based RPG
93​
Vita​
7​
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3: V GenerationTurn-Based RPG
94​
Vita​
8​
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action UnleashedMusou
95​
Vita​
9​
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS ZombiesMusou
96​
Vita​
10​
Muv-LuvVisual Novel
97​
Vita​
11​
Muv-Luv AlternativeVisual Novel
98​
Vita​
12​
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard GirlsTurn-Based RPG
99​
Vita​
13​
Touch My KatamariPuzzle
100​
Vita​
14​
Valkyrie Drive BhikkhuniAction
Completed Games Collection of 2021:
#Game NamePlatformGenreMonth
1​
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
PS4​
ActionJanuary
2​
GOD EATER Resurrection
PS4​
Action RPGJanuary
3​
GOD EATER 2: Rage Burst
PS4​
Action RPGFebruary
4​
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
PS4​
MusouMarch
5​
Gal*Gun Double Peace
PS4​
On-Rails ShooterMarch
6​
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
PS4​
Action RPGMarch
#Game NamePlatformGenreYear
1​
Saints Row: The ThirdPS3Action2014
2​
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star BattlePS3Fighting2015
3​
Hyperdimension NeptuniaPS3Turn-Based RPG2015
4​
Dekamori Senran Kagura
Vita​
Music/Rhythm2015
5​
Steins;GatePS3Visual Novel2015
6​
NieRPS3Action RPG2015
7​
No More Heroes: Heroes' ParadisePS3Action2015
8​
Asura's WrathPS3Action2015
9​
Saints Row IVPS3Action2015
10​
The Darkness IIPS3First Person Shooter2015
11​
Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2PS3Turn-Based RPG2016
12​
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HDPS3Action2016
13​
Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus
Vita​
Action2016
14​
Gravity Rush
Vita​
Platformer2016
15​
Hyperdimension Neptunia VictoryPS3Turn-Based RPG2016
16​
Resogun
PS4​
Arcade Shooter2016
17​
Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls
Vita​
Third Person Shooter2016
18​
Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game
PS4​
Adventure2016
19​
Miracle Girls Festival
Vita​
Music/Rhythm2017
20​
Senran Kagura Estival Versus
PS4​
Action2017
21​
The Wolf Among Us
PS4​
Adventure2017
22​
Final Fantasy XV
PS4​
Action RPG2017
23​
Amplitude
PS4​
Music/Rhythm2017
24​
Root Letter
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
25​
IA/VT -Colorful-
Vita​
Music/Rhythm2017
26​
Persona 4: Dancing All Night
Vita​
Music/Rhythm2017
27​
Gravity Rush Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
28​
NieR: Automata
PS4​
Action RPG2017
29​
The Silver Case
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
30​
Steins;Gate 0
PS4​
Visual Novel2017
31​
Under Defeat HDPS3Arcade Shooter2017
32​
Tales from the Borderlands
PS4​
Adventure2017
33​
Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD CollectionPS3Fighting2017
34​
Life is Strange
PS4​
Adventure2017
35​
Sword Art Online: Lost Song
PS4​
Action RPG2017
36​
Crash Bandicoot Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
37​
Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
38​
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2017
39​
Final Fantasy Type-0 HD
PS4​
Action RPG2017
40​
Corpse Party: Blood Drive
Vita​
Horror2018
41​
Persona 5
PS4​
Turn-Based RPG2018
42​
Zero Escape: The Nonary Games
PS4​
Visual Novel2018
43​
Persona 4: Dancing All Night [Japanese Version]
PS4​
Music/Rhythm2018
44​
Marvel's Spider-Man
PS4​
Action2018
45​
Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed
PS4​
Action RPG2019
46​
Spyro the Dragon Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2019
47​
Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage Remastered
PS4​
Platfomer2019
48​
Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon Remastered
PS4​
Platformer2019
49​
Tekken Tag Tournament HDPS3Fighting2019
50​
Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HDPS3Platformer2019
51​
Taiko no Tatsujin V Version
Vita​
Music/Rhythm2019
52​
Utakumi 575
Vita​
Music/Rhythm2019
53​
Jak II: Renegade HDPS3Platformer2019
54​
Jak 3 HDPS3Platformer2019
55​
Ratchet & Clank HDPS3Platformer2019
56​
Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando HDPS3Platformer2019
57​
Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal HDPS3Platformer2019
58​
Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash
PS4​
Third Person Shooter2019
59​
Kingdom Hearts III
PS4​
Action RPG2020
60​
Zero Escape 3: Zero Time Dilemma
PS4​
Adventure Visual Novel2020
61​
Deadly Premonition: The Director's CutPS3Action Horror2020
62​
Gal*Gun Double Peace
PS4​
On-Rails Shooter2021
63​
Odin Sphere Leifthrasir
PS4​
Action RPG2021

I'm scared about the PS3 store maybe shutting down, so I've been playing some of the games that have been clogging up my download history for the past decade.

I started Jak & Daxter again - I played a bit of it years ago, but I had no idea what was going on so I started again.

It's alright. The platforming is very "Kingdom Hearts" (slow, clunky, imprecise and a bit frustrating), but there's lots of stuff to collect and I like that.

I used to play Warcraft, then League of Legends, recently passed Detroit: Become Human, that game really impressed me! I found a list of anime about gambling, and I watched Legendary Gambler Tetsuya and Mahjong Hishouden: Naki No Ryuu, looking for games similar to these anime

Last edited:
Completed Game #08:
Final Fantasy VII Remake
(for PlayStation 4)

I have never played the original before, but I was excited enough to acquire the first instalment of the Final Fantasy VII Remake series by Square Enix. The first instalment remakes the first 1/3 of the original PlayStation's first disc apparently and there's a lot of effort put into this. The good news for those who had yet to play it and are reading this, I won't be spoiling the story because that would be unfair, plus as I haven't played the original I can't rant either haha.

Let's start with the gameplay first. FF7R has switched from traditional turn-based RPG gameplay to action RPG in a similar way to Final Fantasy XV (both of which Nomura worked on), however, what makes FF7R's gameplay so unique is the Active Time Battle mechanic (known as ATB). ATB was in the original and is back in FF7R as a cooldown of sorts. Basically you need to keep approaching the enemy or are able to wait long enough to fill a bar or two. That bar can then be used to activate an ability skill, magic skill, item or a summon. Magic still requires MP but will use up a bar regardless. Summons and Limits are also in the gameplay but they take time to be used, but the latter does not affect the ATB bar usage.

Materia plays a huge part in managing your abilities and skills for each character. In every battle you earn AP and this contributes to slowly filling the star completion of a materia, but in return, it will unlock more power and useful supporting abilities. For instance, a Fire materia starts off with Fire but as you fill in the AP amount, you will eventually unlock Fira and Firaga. Other examples include Poison, HP Up, MP Up, Assess (which scans an enemy's weakness), Magnify and many more. You can swap materia around between each character which you will probably need to do a lot in the latter half as you will have one on one (or two on one) boss fights.

Weapons can be levelled up as well. You have the option to have the game automatically fill in the SP for you or you can manually choose which abilities you would like to use, for instance, Attack Power, Magic Attack Power, and Percentage Damage for Magic. Each weapon also comes with a special ability that upon usage will permanently stay with you so you can switch to different weapons without losing it. For instance, Cloud's Infinity End, Barrett's Maximum Fury, Tifa's Starshower, and Aerith's Ray of Judgment are all my favourites in terms of doing massive damage at boss fights.

Combat as a whole is surprisingly really well polished. Attacking enemies hasn't been a complete issue but while there have been times where it can be challenging, it's basically all about being tactical and switching characters to balance the fight. When pressing Command, time slows down which gives you a bit of a breather to choose your next move. You can also pick what move your teammate should do without playing them which can make battles a lot easier especially as they don't activate their move unless they have reached their opponent. Especially as for your own character, the move will start immediately and the enemy would run away at the last second if you are not careful enough. During every battle, if you can exploit their weakness, the pressure bar will slowly fill, and once it has been filled completely it will activate stagger mode. Stagger mode is where you need to obliterate your enemy to take them down sooner.

Outside of combat, the game offers a bunch of side stuff from side-quests where you speak to people, sometimes fight enemies or acquire items, and in return get rewarded. There are also some mini-games available from darts, exercising and a really fantastic rhythm segment that I won't spoil but it makes me wish it could come back in some shape/form as a Theatrhythm instalment. If you do miss out on collectables and side quests they will be accessible again through Chapter Select upon completing the game's storyline. You will need to use Chapter Select anyway because two side quests are only accessible through that method.

Let's talk about presentation, this is a well-presented game with a ton of good looking surroundings. The character models look great and they attempted lip-syncing across both the cutscenes and general dialogue throughout. The skybox in some parts does look very noticeable so it can be very off-putting but the areas around you like buildings and characters are polished. Like some have noticed, I also spotted some texture issues at times which can easily be fixed with a patch but at the moment it often looks weird.

The music offers an interesting variety with traditional orchestra and various genres that can be heard as you walk past a vending machine. The vending machine is where you can buy items/weapons/armour/accessories, and they are located next to a bench which restores health and magic. You can save manually anywhere you go and when you load the game you are back in that exact same position so you don't have to worry about revisiting a cutscene or something like a lot of games do.

Now the one that will get people talking about the most (outside of the game's final act) is the length. I have spent additional time going through the side quests and mini-games, and as such it has taken me 35 hours 43 minutes to fully finish the main story with an additional 2 hours to sort out the last two side quests. UPDATE: One thing that I forgot to mention is that this game does have choices which do have some effect in the storyline and especially the final act's fights so choose a bit carefully as you progress.

Overall, Final Fantasy VII Remake is a well-polished and almost perfect introduction to the project. The gameplay is great, the presentation is lovely but needed a bit more polish, the side stuff is a nice feature, and the final act offers more questions than answers for everyone. The story overall feels like a Season 1 of an anime than an Episode 1. Do I recommend folks to get this game at full retail price? Considering how much content is placed in this game I say yes but only if you don't mind linear aspects which this game does have a lot of. I got my money's worth after spending £80 on the Deluxe Edition and I look forward to the next instalment of the project.

Final Fantasy VII Remake is available to play on PlayStation 4, with Xbox and PC coming 2021. Gaming Canine

My backlog so far:
-- PlayStation 3 -- 23 total --
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow
Catherine
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
Dragon's Crown
Drakengard 3
Dynasty Warriors: Gundam 2
Eternal Sonata
Folklore
Katamari Forever
Killzone 2
Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch
Persona 4 Arena Ultimax
Puppeteer
Sengoku Basara: Samurai Heroes
Siren Blood Curse
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus HD
Sly 2: Band of Thieves HD
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves HD
Soul Calibur V
Tales of Xillia 2
Tears to Tiara II: Heir of the Overlord
White Knight Chronicles
White Knight Chronicles II

-- PlayStation Vita -- 14 total --
Bullet Girls
Demon Gaze
Freedom Wars
Hyperdevotion Noire: Goddess Black Heart
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 2
Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 3
Hyperdimension Neptunia U: Action Unleashed
MegaTagmension Blanc + Neptune VS Zombies
Muv-Luv
[VN]
Muv-Luv Alternative [VN]
Superdimension Neptune vs SEGA Hard Girls
Touch My Katamari
Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

-- PlayStation 4 -- 53 total --
428: Shibuya Scramble [VN]
Blue Reflection
Chaos;Child
[VN]
Cyberdimension Neptunia: Four Goddesses Online
Danganronpa 1 Reload
[VN]
Danganronpa 2 Reload [VN]
Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony [VN]
Dead or Alive Xtreme 3 Fortune
Digimon Story: Cyber Sleuth
Fate/Extella: The Umbral Star
Fate/Extella Link
Fist of the North Star: Lost Paradise
Gal*Gun: Double Peace
GOD EATER Resurrection
GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst
.hack//G.U. Vol.1: Rebirth Remastered
.hack//G.U. Vol.2: Reminisce Remastered
.hack//G.U. Vol.3: Redemption Remastered
.hack//G.U. Vol.4: Reconnection
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel
The Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Eyes of Heaven
Megadimension Neptunia VII (Victory II)
Megadimension Neptunia VIIR (Victory II Realize)
Nights of Azure
One Piece: Pirate Warriors 3
Our World Is Ended
[VN]
Persona 5 Royal
Punch Line
[VN]
Raging Loop [VN]
Sengoku Basara 4: Sumeragi
Senran Kagura Burst Re:Newal
Shining Resonance: Refrain
Steins;Gate Elite
[VN]
Steins;Gate: Linear Bound Phenogram [VN]
Super Robot Wars V
Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet
Sword Art Online: Hollow Realization
Tales of Berseria
Tales of Vesperia
Tales of Zestiria
Tokyo Xanadu eX+
Toukiden 2
Utawarerumono: Mask of Deception
[VN]
Utawarerumono: Mask of Truth [VN]
Valkyria Chronicles Remastered
Valkyria Chronicles 4
WORLDEND SYNDROME
[VN]
Yakuza 6: The Song of Life
Yakuza Kiwami 2
Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana
YU-NO: A Girl Who Chants Love at the Bound of this World
[VN]
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma [VN]

-- Personal Computer -- 2 total --
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky First Chapter
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky Second Chapter

-- Nintendo 3DS -- 2 total --
Senran Kagura 2: Deep Crimson
Tales of the Abyss

Completed Games Collection of 2020:
  • January
    • #01 | Kingdom Hearts III ReMIND (for PlayStation 4)
  • February
    • #02 | Final Fantasy X HD Remaster (for PlayStation 4)
    • #03 | Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age (for PlayStation 4)
  • March
    • #04 | Ys Origin (for PlayStation 4)
    • #05 | DOOM (for PlayStation 4)
    • #06 | DOOM II: Hell on Earth (for PlayStation 4)
    • #07 | DOOM 64 (for PlayStation 4)
  • April
    • #08 | Final Fantasy VII Remake (for PlayStation 4)

• #01 | Saints Row: The Third (for PlayStation 3)
    • #02 | JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All Star Battle (for PlayStation 3)
    • #03 | Hyperdimension Neptunia (for PlayStation 3)
    • #04 | Dekamori Senran Kagura (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #05 | Steins;Gate (for PlayStation 3)
    • #06 | NieR (for PlayStation 3)
    • #07 | No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise (for PlayStation 3)
    • #08 | Asura's Wrath (for PlayStation 3)
    • #09 | Saints Row IV (for PlayStation 3)
    • #10 | The Darkness II (for PlayStation 3)
    • #11 | Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 (for PlayStation 3)
    • #12 | Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #13 | Senran Kagura Shinovi Versus (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #14 | Gravity Rush (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #15 | Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (for PlayStation 3)
    • #16 | Resogun (for PlayStation 4)
    • #17 | Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #18 | Game of Thrones: A Telltale Game (for PlayStation 4)
    • #19 | Miracle Girls Festival (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #20 | Senran Kagura Estival Versus (for PlayStation 4)
    • #21 | The Wolf Among Us (for PlayStation 4)
    • #22 | Final Fantasy XV (for PlayStation 4)
    • #23 | Amplitude (for PlayStation 4)
    • #24 | Root Letter (for PlayStation 4)
    • #25 | IA/VT -Colorful- (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #26 | Persona 4: Dancing All Night (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #27 | Gravity Rush Remastered (for PlayStation 4)
    • #28 | NieR: Automata (for PlayStation 4)
    • #29 | The Silver Case HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #30 | Steins;Gate 0 (for PlayStation 4)
    • #31 | Under Defeat HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #32 | Tales from the Borderlands (for PlayStation 4)
    • #33 | Dragon Ball Z Budokai HD Collection (for PlayStation 3)
    • #34 | Life is Strange (for PlayStation 4)
    • #35 | Sword Art Online: Lost Song (for PlayStation 4)
    • #36 | Crash Bandicoot HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #37 | Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes Back HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #38 | Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #39 | Final Fantasy Type-0 HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #40 | Corpse Party: Blood Drive (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #41 | Persona 5 (for PlayStation 4)
    • #42 | Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (for PlayStation 4)
    • #43 | Persona 4: Dancing All Night [Japanese Version] (for PlayStation 4)
    • #44 | Marvel's Spider-Man (for PlayStation 4)
    • #45 | Akiba's Trip 2: Undead & Undressed (for PlayStation 4)
    • #46 | Spyro the Dragon HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #47 | Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #48 | Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon HD (for PlayStation 4)
    • #49 | Tekken Tag Tournament HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #50 | Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #51 | Taiko no Tatsujin V Version (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #52 | Utakumi 575 (for PlayStation Vita)
    • #53 | Jak II: Renegade HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #54 | Jak 3 HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #55 | Ratchet & Clank HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #56 | Ratchet & Clank 2: Going Commando HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #57 | Ratchet & Clank 3: Up Your Arsenal HD (for PlayStation 3)
    • #58 | Senran Kagura: Peach Beach Splash (for PlayStation 4)
  • 2020:
    • #59 | Kingdom Hearts III (for PlayStation 4)
This is so in depth. You're such a pro!

I've been playing Love Live! School Idol Festival ~after school ACTIVITY~ Wai-Wai!Home Meeting!! for PS4.

It's a free game, but apparently it's not getting a UK release (only USA, Canada, Mexico, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore and Japan), so I used my other profile to download it.

It's a nice rhythm game, but unfortunately I won't be able to get much use out of it. It only comes with eight songs (out of 125) - the rest are DLC, but I've got no interest in messing around trying to buy foreign PSN cards.

But it was free, so I'm OK messing around with those eight songs for a while!

Lately I'm lazy and just playing some duels in Yu-Gi-Oh! DUEL LINKS. The most fun part of this game is making weird decks and using them in PVP duels.

Finally finished up Yakuza Kiwami. Had to take a break as my old RSI flared up again on my wrist (the xbox controller is probably a bit too big for my small hands haha)
I love the Yakuza series so much. I own Kiwami 2 and the rest have popped up on PC now too so will get to them at some point.

As for now, I'm probably gonna take a break from controller heavy games. Might consider Fallout New Vegas next, or Resident Evil 3 if it's not too bad with a keyboard. Haven't decided yet.

I finished A Winter's Daydream.

It's a really sweet visual novel - it's very short (you can finish it off in an hour or two depending on your reading speed) and there aren't any routes (or really much interaction - you just press X to move to the next page), but A) it's only about £5 and B) it's a very nice story.

The writing is simple and not bogged down by too much trivial chitchat or unnecessary details. There are happy parts, sad bits, a few funny lines - presentation wise, the font is a decent size and I don't recall seeing any typos or weird phrasing. It's all pleasing to the eye too - I can't really find any negatives with it TBH (the short length is reasonable, considering the price).

I think the visual style and the story would probably to appeal to a lot of people here, so I'd recommend it to anyone who's fine with short games with not much actual "game" to them.

Atelier Firis
This was my third Atelier game, after Iris and Ryza, and it might be my favourite so far. Ryza was great, but I was a little disappointed that the plot turned into a standard defeat-the-ancient-evil scenario towards the end. Firis never goes in that direction, or at least not on the main quest-line. It's structured in two halves: first Firis has one in-game year to gather enough recommendation letters from other alchemists for her to be allowed to take the exam to become a registered alchemist herself. If she manages to pass the exam, the credits roll, and all I expected was a brief epilogue. Instead, from that point it turns into a free-form open world game where you follow quest-lines from various characters. A lot of this starts in the first half, but there isn't time to complete them all while that time limit is in place, and more quests unlock once the time limit has been removed.

There were only a couple of things I didn't like. At a few places in the story, you have to perform 'mass synthesis', which involves creating items on a huge scale so they can be used as components of something unusually large and complex. This is a total grind since you can only create 2-5 of an item at a time, at most, and these recipies call for around 100 items in total, often with some of those requiring other items to be created first to use as raw materials. Fortunately only a couple of these mass synthesis tasks are mandatory. The regular synthesis you perform most of the time is enjoyable, with a Tetris-esque block puzzle used to enhance items.

The other issue was that the game never explains in advance exactly what the alchemy exam entails. Since I didn't know if it would mean going on a lengthy quest, I signed up for the exam with 90 in-game days left on the clock, which was a mistake. I ended up taking the exam under-levelled in both combat and alchemy, and just barely scraped through on my first attempt. Be warned, part of it is an actual written exam! It expects you to memorise things like the hundreds of weirdly named traits of items, and where certain materials are gathered from, and you only have 10 seconds to answer each question, so there's no time to look anything up. I flunked that part badly.

On the whole, I enjoyed the exploration aspect of the first half, and the freedom of the second half. It was nice to play a JRPG that wasn't about saving the world for once, so I'm planning to get more games in the series. I already have Ryza 2 for the next time I'm in an alchemy mood.

I recently finished Yakuza: Like a Dragon and whilst the turn-based combat is no replacement for the signature gameplay of the other mainline titles I did overall enjoy the story, and Ichiban makes for a great new central protagonist.

The main cast/party members were also solid and my main gripes were having to grind to get all my stats up to unlock some substories near the end game and the part-time hero quests being uninteresting and again very grind-heavy in places. Some boss battles also required a bit of levelling but I found a quick way to do so later on involving a specific enemy.

Next I’ll be likely playing some Rockstar classics in Bully Scholarship Edition and Red Dead Redemption.

Back