What Games Are You Playing?

Still playing Diablo 3, just finished my first hardcore playthrough. Had plenty heart attack moments when I thought I was dead (for those who don't know, Hardcore is permadeath, as in one life, ya die and your character is deleted). Don't think Witch Doctor was the best choice tbh lol now to push her to 70 using rifts....hopefully.

I also have One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 on the way, I don't actually like One Piece but I love warriors games and it looked fun enough so decided to give it a shot, probably regret it but whatever.

And of course I grabbed TPP, but gonna start that at the weekend.

I started playing Child of Light.

It's kind of like the old Final Fantasy games in terms of the battle system (thinking III or IV maybe, being the two I've played), although the options are much more limited (not sure if it'll open up at some point). I guess the story/art is the point but I wouldn't mind if there was a bit more to the system. To be fair, it's probably at least partly that I'm doing it wrong because it seems to emphasise timing your attacks rather than strategic use of abilities. I'm not so good at the timing part, though it is nice when it works. Still, it probably wouldn't hurt if it gave more accurate descriptions of attack times than "short", "long" and so on (they maybe can't because of modifiers due to stats and such though).

I am enjoying it though, the exploring appeals to my obsessive collecting nature and some of the conversations are reasonably interesting. I particularly liked the Jester.

I loved the combat system. Combat timing became second nature for me so I'm sure you'll get there too :)

Was one of the first games I got for my ps4 and still one of my favourites.

I love and hate Child Of Light. The music is fantastic and it looks god damn beautiful, but holy hell the rhyming was painful at times lol also the fact that pretty near the start it gives you the ability to fly, which instantly takes away any sense of platforming.

But all in all, I did enjoy it, and the Jester was my favourite character too, probably because she doesn't rhyme, although that joke does get kinda old.

Last edited by a moderator:
Been playing Phantom Pain (PS4) since it arrived yesterday. It lives up to all of the hype so far, loving the freedom of approach that's available on the missions. Haven't got far enough in to start customizing Mother Base yet, so can't give a judgement on that aspect.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Since I won't be able to play MGS V come tomorrow due to me having no internet, I'm using this down time to play Peace Walker. I've had it for a while as part of the HD collection but I never got into it. I think I only played it for an hour or so before now. I'm liking it so far it's just a little different from the others. It's portable roots really show.
I've been catching up with Peace Walker since Saturday (as a way to pass the time until V arrived!) and I really think it's one of the best games of the series. The mission-based play takes a bit of getting used to, and the re-using of levels might not be for some people, but overall the challenge of building up Mother Base into a powerhouse and developing all the weapons and items as you crank through the missions is just so much fun. I've not yet finished the game, but I'll keep dipping in and out of it, even with Phantom Pain to play as well!

Finished Zombi (PS4) last night. Great game, last sections were so intense. I'm going to take a break but will attempt survival mode eventually (1 survivor/permadeath mode). I died 4 times in my normal playthrough (2 accidental, the other 2 could be avoided if I didn't panic), bt with the increase in damage/strength of the zombies in this mode, it could be difficult.

Going to pick up Dying Light tonight as I'm in the mood for more first person Zombie goodness.

Been playing a fair bit of Elder Scrolls Online over the last few days. Was getting pretty annoyed at the limited bag space so I just went on ebay and bought some gold to upgrade it... Much better. Made level 25 so far...

Disgaea: Hour of Darkness - PlayStation 2 via PlayStation 3
There are two things to say about this game:
- It's very fun to play.
- But the difficulty spike is ridiculous.

I can't even add more enjoyment to this game because of the difficulty and as such I can't progress with the story. Sigh. It can be satisfying when you go through battles but it would be nice if it was a bit easier.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES - PlayStation 2 via PlayStation 3
Played a bit more of this since my last playthrough in March. I managed to get to the second area of Tartarus and also a big story point just before it. Music is cool and retro.

Metal Gear Solid - PlayStation via PlayStation 3
So everyone was getting ready for The Phantom Pain and I wanted to start from the beginning of the Solid story (not MSX games, despite being part of the story). I downloaded this game from PSN and started immediately. And now I have finished the story and it's a fun game, the stealth can be a pain at times and going back & forth is a nightmare. The worst parts for me was fighting Ninja (Gray Fox) because his attack hit range is ridiculous as I get hit even though I'm not that close. The final battle was also a pain until I figured out how to do it by shooting the target when the bullets were going. A lot of plot twists were going around and even Kojima's tricks against the fourth wall with the second controller and button mashing moments. I also got the Good Ending.

Total results:
Normal Difficulty
12:37:50 hours of Play Time
30 Saves
46 Continues
Spotted 28 times
85 Kills
75 Rations used

COAAL2KWIAApf4D.jpg:large

NormanicGrav said:
Metal Gear Solid - PlayStation via PlayStation 3
So everyone was getting ready for The Phantom Pain and I wanted to start from the beginning of the Solid story (not MSX games, despite being part of the story). I downloaded this game from PSN and started immediately. And now I have finished the story and it's a fun game, the stealth can be a pain at times and going back & forth is a nightmare. The worst parts for me was fighting Ninja (Gray Fox) because his attack hit range is ridiculous as I get hit even though I'm not that close. The final battle was also a pain until I figured out how to do it by shooting the target when the bullets were going. A lot of plot twists were going around and even Kojima's tricks against the fourth wall with the second controller and button mashing moments. I also got the Good Ending.

Total results:
Normal Difficulty
12:37:50 hours of Play Time
30 Saves
46 Continues
Spotted 28 times
85 Kills
75 Rations used

Glad to see you enjoyed Metal Gear Solid, it has to be my favourite game of the whole series <3

Been making my way through Phantom Pain, currently up to mission 15. So far my favourite buddy has to be
Quiet, she is so awesome to have with you when you are doing side ops[/spoiler ]

Rena Ryuugu said:
Glad to see you enjoyed Metal Gear Solid, it has to be my favourite game of the whole series <3

Been making my way through Phantom Pain, currently up to mission 15. So far my favourite buddy has to be Quiet, she is so awesome to have with you when you are doing side ops

I did have some strange moment that every time I see Snake walk across the hallway and the camera changes position it reminded me of Resident Evil on PS1. Don't know why it reminded me, probably because of the walking noises and lack of music. Creepy.

Interesting enough I actually own the Metal Gear Solid HD Collection on Xbox 360 (Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker) but I put it on hold for some reason. I think I'll get it on PlayStation 3 instead since I feel it's the ideal version to play. Same goes for Zone of the Enders (which I also own the HD Collection for on Xbox 360 (Zone of the Enders, Zone of the Enders: The 2nd Runner)) since the PS3 version has fixed some problems with the collection (however only the 2nd Runner was fully fixed, and the 360 didn't get any patches).

Thanks for mentioning Zombi, Britguy. I think my Brother may like that. Especially with the whole once you're dead that's it for that person for you thing.

Never got around to Until Dawn. Finished Pokemon Aplha Sapphire instead. Going to do Until Dawn and more Borderlands The Pre-Sequel over the weekend though.

I've gotten pretty far in Peace Walker, about half way through but I'm am completely stuck. There is a mission, no spoilers, but you have to mash triangle to keep a bar up but I cannot do the final one. It's so frustrating because I'm not even struggling with an actual bit of gameplay, just a QTE.

IncendiaryLemon said:
I've gotten pretty far in Peace Walker, about half way through but I'm am completely stuck. There is a mission, no spoilers, but you have to mash triangle to keep a bar up but I cannot do the final one. It's so frustrating because I'm not even struggling with an actual bit of gameplay, just a QTE.
Strangelove torturing Big Boss scene? If so, yeah that sucks. It took me a while to get past that

Been playing One Piece Pirate Warriors 3, I've only done about 4 missions and have only unlocked 4 characters for the story mode as I think it loosely follows the manga so you can only use who was in the crew at that point. Anyway, it's pretty fun, only really been using Zoro and spending all my coins making him as OP as I can lol.

Anyone else still playing Destiny? I'm looking forward to the new expansion - seems like it'll finally add a decent amount of new content for a change. I tend to dip back in when the new expansions come out, and it's still my go-to game when I want some mindless shooting action to blast through while listening to a podcast or something.

I bought Destiny when it came out but quickly dropped it and felt really ripped off to be honest. It also had a bunch of things that really annoyed me like how you keep having to do grind the same missions, but couldn't skip the cutscenes that went with them. I didn't buy any of the expansions but I think I'm at a point where I'm willing to give it another go now, so I will be getting the version that comes with everything.

Until Dawn was EPIC. Finished it un under 24 hours. Was so enjoyable and I already want top play it again with different choices one day when my Brother is fine with my doing so.

Need more games like this. Companies make them!!

-Danielle- said:
Until Dawn was EPIC. Finished it un under 24 hours. Was so enjoyable and I already want top play it again with different choices one day when my Brother is fine with my doing so.

Need more games like this. Companies make them!!
Totally agree. Not something I would have bought myself but a friend got it and suggested we get a few of us together with some beers to play through it (we used to do this when we were younger and didn't have enough money to buy all the games we wanted, but I think she was just a bit scared to play it herself this time :p), and I enjoyed it immensely. It reminds me of all the silly horror movies I used to watch in the late 90s and early 2000s and all the tropes are there, but it oozes charm and when you figured something out way before it was revealed it was amazing.

I may buy it myself now and playthrough it again and make some different choices, also not sure if playing it in a group added to the experience or took away from it...maybe a bit of both tbh.

Back