What Games Are You Playing?

Buzz, I figured out who the psycho was early on. The twists with obviously made me doubt myself so I was really happy when I was like OMG I was right!! The sessions with Dr Hill were good. I love Peter Stormare.

I didn't enjoy the episode 8 reveal though it was too much like The Descent. Too much like it, the monsters were basically the same thing. I was much more scared by the Psycho although I'll admit some "don't moves" with the Wendigo was nerve wracking. I would of much preferred the Psycho to be the main story or maybe something more involved with the tribe and totums like it was an Indian curse or something. The twist with Hannah was interesting although it makes you question 1. Why didn't she try and crawl through the mine with her broken leg seeing as Mike & Jessica not to mention Emily navigated well enough and 2. How was she not eaten by a Wendigo herself having spent 30 days in the mines before eating her sister Beth? It would of been way more interesting if 1 or both of the sisters got out and were punishing their friends.

I love Mike. Brett Dalton is a babe. Didn't expect him to be my fave with how you're first introduced to them all. Of course I liked Sam. I was happy to of liked her seeing as I don't like Hayden. Chris was good too. Well tough stuff with him.

I got 3 people killed. Boooooo. I like that you can't cheat if you don't like your choices. Well unless of course you're sad enough to restart the whole thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Still playing Ar Tonelico 2. Finally got through Cloche's path after spending WAY too many hours sorting the fan club IPDs. Damn encounter rates for treasuretops didn't help.

Just hit Phase 2 with Luca. Fortunately I've no issue skimming over the viewed event and cosmosphere dialogues so combined with not maxing the IPDs I should knock a good 10 hours or so off my playtime then its on to Suikoden III-V

So many RPGs...

After loving Zombi I decided I wanted more zombie goodness and got dying light. Great decision by me! This game is superb fun. Free running is excellent, night time is often terrifying and the world is just great to run and jump around!

It's probably at least partly you guys' fault but I decided to pick up Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain.

I'm enjoying it a fair bit so far. It takes a while to get started with the big long (and kind of crazy) introduction but once you get to the open sections it's a lot of fun. I like the idea of building up your base and choosing where to prioritise development of equipment yourself (rather than relying too much on a pre-set order or randomly finding things). I've just done four missions so far (including the intro) so I've still got plenty to do.

I should probably note that this is my first Metal Gear game, so I don't recognise the names or anything. I expect some of the crazy stuff in the beginning makes more sense to people that have played previous games. I don't think it's affected my enjoyment, I'm probably missing a lot of references and such but it doesn't seem to be a problem. I don't know how important the story will be overall anyway, the actual gameplay is fun enough as it is.

I wouldn't say I'm finding the game overly difficult, it's somewhat forgiving with guards usually becoming suspicious and investigating rather than spotting you right away (plus reflex mode if you are about to be spotted) but I've been mostly playing for perfection so far so I've had a few restarts. I think that's a mistake, it seems that the best way to go is just to play along and deal with any problems as they arise without worrying about ratings to begin with. I notice that some of the mission objectives can only be completed with later upgrades anyway so I'll probably have to replay all the missions at some point and can get perfect ratings then (when I'm also more skilled and have better gear).

I'm still figuring out what I can actually do, apparently you can chain knockouts of people but I haven't had a chance to try it (I got ahead of myself in the tutorial and missed the opportunity to try it). I don't know if you can do corner takedowns, aerial takedowns and the like and I've been hesitant to test it since I didn't want to restart. I'll probably give it a go the next time I play if I'm not going to worry so much about ratings (is there a "clumsy but lucky" rating?). The first time I tried to knock someone out I just punched them in the Kidney, they seemed kind of upset (it turns out you have to hit the button several times for a knockout combo or hold it to grab them).

Most importantly, the Fulton Recovery System is awesome. Apparently balloons are still fun to play with no matter how old you get.

Finished Dishonored yesterday, really good game. I liked how you had the choice to fight the enemies or you can avoid combat altogether. Going to play it again soon, this time to see if i can avoid the enemies.

Started Until Dawn today, upto chapter 3 and i'm liking it so far. Recognised quite a few of the actors playing the main characters, mainly Sam, Josh, Mike & Dr Hill. Looking forward to when **** hits the fan so to speak :lol:

-Danielle- said:
Need more games like this. Companies make them!!

Have you played Heavy Rain and Beyond Two Souls? Both are quite similar to Until Dawn with them being choice affected stories especially Heavy Rain which is more of a crime/noir thriller. Both are on PS3.

DragonBlaze67 said:
Finished Dishonored yesterday, really good game. I liked how you had the choice to fight the enemies or you can avoid combat altogether. Going to play it again soon, this time to see if i can avoid the enemies.
Dishonored (Dishonoured?) is definitely one of the more fun recent stealth games, I'm glad they're doing a sequel. I have to admit, I didn't find the story especially great but the actual gameplay and level design were generally more important. To be fair, some of the side stories were quite good.

I did consider picking up the PS4 version even though I've already completed the game previously.

Still playing Dying Light, a great game but i'm getting a bit burnt out on it now and i've not really done much of the main story, just spent too much time dicking around lol.

Picked up SKylanders: Trap Team for the PS4 as it was cheap at Argos. Looks great visually, obviously it's really just a platform to sell toys but i'm enjoying what i've played so far and i've got the itch to buy more (damn you geniuses at Activision!) The portal for the toys to stand on is rather brilliant though as when you have a "trap" plugged in, you can hear the villain you have trapped in it talking through the built in speaker every now and then, and so far i find it rather funny!

Yeah I've played both of those DragonBlaze so I feel empty haha.

Aaron, replay Until Dawn! I am and have managed 2 different outcomes....so far. Although that could still change. It's still enjoyable for sure.

Might have to go back to playing Layton on the 3DS soon or get back into reading as the brother, bf and I have finished Borderlands The Handsome Collection now :'(

Atelier: Escha&Logy

Well this time around they certainly did a lot better job getting the new comers on board. The event's are very straightforward and the alchemy system is better explained and now i can say that for the most part i know what i'm doing when i'm gear at least.

-Danielle- said:
Yeah I've played both of those DragonBlaze so I feel empty haha.

Aaron, replay Until Dawn! I am and have managed 2 different outcomes....so far. Although that could still change. It's still enjoyable for sure.

Might have to go back to playing Layton on the 3DS soon or get back into reading as the brother, bf and I have finished Borderlands The Handsome Collection now :'(
You can "finish" Borderlands? I thought it went on forever.

I've been playing Fuse recently. It's a solid third-person shooter and I'm surprised it's been overlooked as much as it has. Once I'm done with my hard-difficulty playthrough I'll be done with it. Next up is probably GTA5, I'm oddly in the mood for it after that rubbish BBC2 drama last week.

Haha yes Smeelia, it does finish. I wish it never did though! Well maybe the Pre-Sequel can have an end to it lol but Borderlands 2 is my babe! I love it. We even did every DLC you can do too.

Shame my Brother isn't a massive fan of the 1st game as we've not done any DLC for that. He played Mordecai and I guess he doesn't like his skill. Lilith's isn't amazing too tbh although a quick escape is handy I guess.

I played Mordecai in Borderlands as well (because Sniper, I guess) and I have to admit it took me a while to incorporate the action skill into my playing. I think it's a bit better with some upgrades and the multi-strike thing (if I'm remembering right, it's been a while), though it can almost become the primary weapon and that sort of defeats the point of being a precision gun focussed character (since Bloodwing is basically fire and forget).

I thought Lilith's skill was quite fun for the appearing next to people for a headsplosion, though it's escape ability is also good to have. I only really briefly played Lilith though.

Brick probably has the most "fun" skill because punching things is always fun. I guess it's maybe not always the most useful (or easiest to use). Combines nicely with Mordecai sometimes though (if he can get shots past).

I have to admit, I do quite like turrets so I probably enjoyed using Roland the most action skill wise. I also focussed on shotguns for him, which is unusual for me but I found it quite good fun (probably a bad combination with the turret though).

I didn't really love the dlc for Borderlands. It's okay, the Undead one is probably the best and I don't think I actually finished the Armoury one. I probably enjoyed the Arena stuff more than most though. I think the Borderlands 2 dlc was generally better.

I'll probably pay for the Borderlans DLC, my Brother may be more inclined to play it if we do it after he finishes school when I'm off work perhaps :)

I played Borderlands 2 before the 1st so Lilith probably didn't stand a chance with my love for Maya. I've played a few other chracters but for both complete game run throughs, it's been her. It will be her again if I replay a third time haha.

Was nice playing Aurelia in the Pre-Sequel. She's my favourite now I think as I was rather poo with Athena's shield haha.

I picked up Borderlands The Handsome Collection on PS4 a while back, I had played the crap out of 1 and 2 on Xbox 360 so decided to get that for the pre-sequel. Long story short we all played the Pre-Sequel for about 3 hours before going back to 2 - not sure what it was about it but it just wasn't anywhere near as fun as the first 2, or maybe I just missed Maya. :p

Anyway been playing Destiny, have to say that considering there has been 3 expansions since I last played it still doesn't feel as though there's enough content :/. That being said, I have had some fun with it, just getting bored of grinding gear to try get my light high enough for the raid.

I've been playing a bunch of MGS5. Clocked in 37 hours so far and today I beat the main story. Well I thought I did. Skullface was killed and the boss in Mission 32 felt like it should be a last boss (God knows it took me a few attempts) and the full credits even rolled. I first suspected something was a little off when the ending was underwhelming as hell and then lo and behold, there is a chapter 2. Jeez this game is long. I am enjoying it but I just wish the story was up to snuff with the other entries in the series. The story bits are so few and far between and I barely feel any connection to the missions I'm doing or how they are relevant to the bigger picture. I just hope the true ending of the game (Which is Mission 46 if I'm reading things right) delivers something big in terms of story. I also crapped myself as during the cutscene after the credits my PC Bluescreened. I didn't lose any progress luckily but my heart skipped a beat when I saw that blue screen.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know I'm slow at games but I've got something like 28 hours played of Metal Gear Solid V: TPP and I'm only on Mission 12 or so. I'm probably spending too much time strapping giant balloons to animals (and people, and pretty much anything else I can).

I only just unlocked D-Dog, handy to have around but has a habit of taking strange routes right past guards (not that they seem to mind too much). I suppose I could try remembering the "wait" command but that's not as much fun. It's a shame you can't take both D-Dog and D-Horse at the same time, though at least it's not too difficult to switch (plus, it's kind of awesome the way they deploy and depart). D-Horse seems to have almost magical stealth skills, I find it's often easier to avoid being spotted by riding into a base at full speed on D-Horse than trying to crouch and sneak in slowly (just make sure you're leaning the right way).

I did find out that you can grab people around corners (also you can pull them over the top of low cover, though it's not so obvious when it'll be possible).

I was kind of worried the game was getting too repetitive (which is probably at least partly my fault for constantly doing side missions) but I've found some fun new ways to play and unlocked a few gadgets. I don't generally like to use gadgets and such in stealth games but they're quite fun here and are a nice way to break up the routine.

I did a lot of side ops early on but the repetition sunk in so I just went through the main ops from about 25 onwards. The game gets really challenging from around about there and, for me, that took some of the fun out of the game. I know I might be in the minority, but for me, fun is going around headshotting and fultoning before riding into the sunset on my horse without an alert. As soon as the guards get body gear, you can't really do that and the game gets a little more frustrating than fun. That being said, it's still a brilliant game. So far, out of the MGS games I've beaten (5, 2 and 3), I think it's my second favourite, right behind Snake Eater. I need to play 1 and beat 4 one day.

Back