What Games Are You Playing?

NormanicGrav said:
Gemsy-chan said:
I'm playing No, Thank You!!! on my laptop. Its a yaoi visual novel i got from JList and was released by mangaGamer.

How's Jlist in terms of delivery and visual novels? Might get a couple VNs on that service after noticing it pop up every now and then.
It was the first time I've used JList. It took about a week to arrive (that was with using economy delivery, the cheapest one) and I didn't get caught by customs as they marked it as gift.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

It's not a traditional paper mario but that doesn't mean it's not great fun. Looks fantastic on the 3ds and the combat/stickers are great. I worried before playing that I'd be constantly running out of stickers, but up to world 1-5 so far and never had a problem.

Final Fantasy crystal chronicles: rings of fate

Enjoyable so far. Played for a few hours. Combat is ok but visuals and music are great for a ds game.

Finally got to try the Street Fighter V beta. Not gonna lie, I wasn't feeling it at first but now they've added Cammy I'm finding it far more enjoyable. Cammy isn't someone I would normally play but shes the best of the bunch for me thus far and frankly, I can't see any of my mains making the starting roster anyway (well, Juri probably has the highest chance) so I'm going to have to find someone to play and Cammy has been pretty fun.

Buzzkillington said:
Finally got to try the Street Fighter V beta. Not gonna lie, I wasn't feeling it at first but now they've added Cammy I'm finding it far more enjoyable. Cammy isn't someone I would normally play but shes the best of the bunch for me thus far and frankly, I can't see any of my mains making the starting roster anyway (well, Juri probably has the highest chance) so I'm going to have to find someone to play and Cammy has been pretty fun.

I had a lot of fun using Cammy, so glad I got to play a good few matches with her, quite a few mirror matches lol. Funnily enough Juri is one of my mains too, I hope she makes it in.

Rena Ryuugu said:
I had a lot of fun using Cammy, so glad I got to play a good few matches with her, quite a few mirror matches lol. Funnily enough Juri is one of my mains too, I hope she makes it in.
Yeah I really hope she does too, tbh when you think about it she's already perfect for the systems, Feng Shui Engine is basically a V-trigger, her teleport counters could be a V-skill or V-Reversal really. I think of all the people I main in Street Fighter games she is most likely to be in the first wave of characters, even though I'd personally prefer Ibuki....I'll take what I can get though lol

Buzzkillington said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Yeah I really hope she does too, tbh when you think about it she's already perfect for the systems, Feng Shui Engine is basically a V-trigger, her teleport counters could be a V-skill or V-Reversal really. I think of all the people I main in Street Fighter games she is most likely to be in the first wave of characters, even though I'd personally prefer Ibuki....I'll take what I can get though lol

And her 2nd ultra could be her critical art :) It would be cool if Ibuki made it, I will be happy if at least one of my mains made it.

Rena Ryuugu said:
And her 2nd ultra could be her critical art :) It would be cool if Ibuki made it, I will be happy if at least one of my mains made it.
Yeah it would certainly not be too difficult to fit her in to the gameplay mechanics, that's for sure. That's pretty much my thoughts too, just have one of my mains at launch and I'll be happy. I was reading something earlier showing Ono tweets and in some of the pictures he had figures in the background, all the characters they were of had been announced bar one, and that was Juri....coincidence? maybe, but I love some wild speculation. :p

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - PlayStation Vita
I have spent the entire week going through the story campaign. Just a couple of hours ago I have finally finished the main story, and oh boy.

monokuma_s_cockscrew_punch_by_reinhan-d59lydy.gif

First of, there will be spoilers so beware.

So I have a couple of stuff to discuss, starting with..

[spoilerbutton]
2013-10-13-054253.jpg

SONIA LIVES! I AM SO HAPPY.

The other ones I liked ended up getting killed, literally 5 girls in a row was a bit extreme don't you think?

Over time I ended up liking Chiaki (Gamer) also, but sadly she got crushed by a Tetris piece. RIP.[/spoilerbutton]

As for the story.
[spoilerbutton]I was not expecting so many twists and turns in this game, especially with the discovery that everything was in a simulator and our main character is none other than one smart ultimate despair person corrupted by Junko and Hope's Academy. The returning characters from the first game was also a nice treat since the first game's ending did leave people with speculation. I was certainly surprised to see Monomi was actually on the good side and not just another villain who was intentionally being picked on by Monokuma just to avoid suspicion.

140-nagito.png

Nagito is one crazy bastard. This tune certainly fits him well.

Overall I had a lot of fun with this game. I'm still sad about these characters getting killed, especially Mikan (Nurse) which due to various events ended up making her a killer. Fuyuhiko (Yakuza) on the other hand has given me some respect towards him after what happened in Chapter 2 and 3, sure he was a dick at first but he made up for it and ended up becoming a survivor plus his eye patch is cool. For some reason I keep suspecting Kazuichi (Mechanic) to become a killer at some point due to his obsession with Sonia but in the end he survived. Akane (Gymnast) was cool, keeping her promise to live to Neko while eating constantly every day.

The Zero Escape style chapter was an interesting surprise, I should really get that game at some point (as well as 999).[/spoilerbutton]

Favourite OST tunes from the game (YouTube comments have spoilers!) include:
- The main theme (updated version of the first game's main theme)
- That moment when Monomi appears
- That moment when Monokuma appears again (updated version of the first game's main theme)
- Punishment tunes (every version)
- "Ekoroshia" aka the theme in which you add guitar solos to the investigation

Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls is out in about 2-3 weeks time for those curious. I'm aware a third instalment is in pre-production so I wonder how that will turn out.

Still playing paper mario sticker star. Getting a bit repetitive as there's no real combat depth and lack of true paper mario rpg elements are really holding it back. On world 3 of 6. Let's see how long I keep at it.

We finished Borderlands 2 Sat morn so picked up The Pre-Sequel. Unlike Borderlands 2 where I opted to remain as Maya (<3) I chose to play a different character second time around...Aurelia, Hammerlocks sister!

I dislike her head and outfit options so far but hopefully I can get her better hair and closed soon enough!

Love her special, it's getting well powerful now!

Buzzkillington said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
Yeah it would certainly not be too difficult to fit her in to the gameplay mechanics, that's for sure. That's pretty much my thoughts too, just have one of my mains at launch and I'll be happy. I was reading something earlier showing Ono tweets and in some of the pictures he had figures in the background, all the characters they were of had been announced bar one, and that was Juri....coincidence? maybe, but I love some wild speculation. :p

I saw that tweet, that Juri figure looks cool <3

I have been working my way through my huge backlog these last few days. Managed to beat all the songs on hard mode in Hatsune Miku: Project Diva f, which I'm really proud of :D That platinum is within my reach now. Got all the dog tags I need for the tanker section in MGS2, now just the plant section to do.

Diablo 3 on the PS4. There was a patch that added some stuff so decided to jump back in, still as fun as it always is for me. Diablo 3 is a weird one actually as I'm a person that hates grinding in any game, and that's basically all Diablo is after a certain point and yet I enjoy it. I made a Crusader and hit 70 (my god it's so fast to hit 70 now :s) but ended going back to my Wizard.

Three games:

PS3 - Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel - thought I'd give it a go, gotta love that Akiko Shikata soundtrack!
PS Vita - Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars - I have to have something Persona like while I wait for Persona 5.
PS4 - Sword Art Online Re: Hollow Fragment - decided to finally give this a go with it's PS4 release and half the price of the Vita version!

Metal Gear Solid V arrived. It isn't even out until next week. Hell, Gears of War is out tomorrow and that still isn't here despite shipping days ago.

The world is chaos.

Zombi (PS4)

Enjoying this much more on teh PS4 than I did on the Wii U for some reason, potentially due to the lack of two screens, who knows. Great atmosphere.

Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Up to world 5, not long left to go. Good fun, Enigmansion in world 4 is just a fantastic level, makes me want to start Luigis Mansion 2!

Since I won't be able to play MGS V come tomorrow due to me having no internet, I'm using this down time to play Peace Walker. I've had it for a while as part of the HD collection but I never got into it. I think I only played it for an hour or so before now. I'm liking it so far it's just a little different from the others. It's portable roots really show.

Back