What Games Are You Playing?

The Last of Us Remastered - Well, that was quite the opening. Not a fan of the controls at all tbh, but the rest of the game is great thus far, and I may get used to the controls.

Buzzkillington said:
The Last of Us Remastered - Well, that was quite the opening. Not a fan of the controls at all tbh, but the rest of the game is great thus far, and I may get used to the controls.
I started the game a little while ago but got distracted by other things and haven't gotten around to playing it again. I played for quite a while but I didn't get far enough to do any actual combat (or much that would really count as "gameplay" I guess).

I tend to be obsessive about collectibles and such so I could imagine spending ages trying to sneak around and check everywhere. I suspect the game might be best played once for story, ignoring any extras, and then once again for collectibles and such. I'm not great at doing that though. Plus, you seem to be able to find upgrade items that would make your character stronger and I do like that kind of thing too.

I'll probably give it a go again some time, I still need to finish The Witcher 3.

Still playing Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist. Having a lot of fun with it. With this game and me starting to watch the Anime again, I'm really getting back into Yu-Gi-Oh again. I never would have thought 18 would be when my Yu-Gi-Oh phase would come back but here we are. The game lets you build your own deck and I build an Exodia deck. The deck I build had a ton of either banned cards or cards where I had exceeded the maximum amount of said card, so it was essentially an illegal deck. Although the game lets you use it (Not sure if it would online though, I haven't played online) it was really OP and made the game a cakewalk (I won a couple of matches in 3 turns due to incredibly lucky draws) so I went in and tweaked it to make it 100% legal with no banned cards and what not. This is a lot more fun to play with as it harder to win. The game covers the first 5 Yu-Gi-Oh series and today I finally beat the first campaign based off of the original anime. I must say that this game is packed to the gills with content. It's taken me a few days on and off just to beat this first campaign and that's only 20% of the entirety of the campaign mode. There is also a Challenge mode too with a bunch of different duels. If you're into Yu-Gi-Oh, the £16 price is a steal for the amount of content you get.

I've also been playing a bunch of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes in preparation for Phantom Pain in September. When I initially bought it I only played through the main mission but for the last few days I've been doing all the side missions. The only one I've got left to do is Deja Vu. I don't think I'll fare well at it, I much prefer missions about killing targets or rescuing hostages and stuff rather than having to find things in the environment since I don't think I'm too great at it. Really fun game and playing it is just making me even more hyped for Phantom Pain.

Tales of Hearts R - PlayStation Vita
So I made some more progress today!

Just before starting I had one shard to rescue and now a bunch of stuff just happened:
- The true villain appeared - originally trapped inside Shingu and is now back in his original body
- Kunzite is no longer with the main group - pretty much a prisoner on the massive whale ship
- Kohaku is 100% normal now - and she and Shingu finally get along after a recent fight over whether to continue fighting or not.
- How both Shingu and Kohaku ended up with the spirias of Creed and Litia - their parents were involved in a previous journey to stop Creed

And now I've rescued Ignes and Litia, currently located at South Penderoak Port and the crew are about to head North!

In terms of the progression of the story, I assume to be around 66%. With 22 hours of gameplay and a strong level for all characters.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saint Seiya: Sanctuary Battle - I'm up to the last temple in story mode

J Stars Victory Vs + - I'm having so much fun playing as Medaka against enemies <3

Metal Gear Solid 2 HD - Making my way through the VR and Alternative missions

Metal Gear Solid 4 - Replaying this since I'm looking forward to TPP next month

I'm working my way through Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes again, as it was on games with gold for Xbox one. Looking forward to the Phantom Pain, but I must admit I suck at stealth.

Give me a rocket launcher!

Whilst stealth is an option, it does cater to the guns blazing approach better than the other games. Before Ground Zeroes I don't think anything but stealth was really viable but in GZ I feel like I could just go around murdering everything and still accomplish the objective. I think this might upset some purists but I love the idea of a game accommodating for multiple play styles as it adds variety and replay value.

IncendiaryLemon said:
Still playing Yu-Gi-Oh Legacy of the Duelist. Having a lot of fun with it. With this game and me starting to watch the Anime again, I'm really getting back into Yu-Gi-Oh again. I never would have thought 18 would be when my Yu-Gi-Oh phase would come back but here we are. The game lets you build your own deck and I build an Exodia deck. The deck I build had a ton of either banned cards or cards where I had exceeded the maximum amount of said card, so it was essentially an illegal deck. Although the game lets you use it (Not sure if it would online though, I haven't played online) it was really OP and made the game a cakewalk (I won a couple of matches in 3 turns due to incredibly lucky draws) so I went in and tweaked it to make it 100% legal with no banned cards and what not. This is a lot more fun to play with as it harder to win. The game covers the first 5 Yu-Gi-Oh series and today I finally beat the first campaign based off of the original anime. I must say that this game is packed to the gills with content. It's taken me a few days on and off just to beat this first campaign and that's only 20% of the entirety of the campaign mode. There is also a Challenge mode too with a bunch of different duels. If you're into Yu-Gi-Oh, the £16 price is a steal for the amount of content you get.

I've also been playing a bunch of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes in preparation for Phantom Pain in September. When I initially bought it I only played through the main mission but for the last few days I've been doing all the side missions. The only one I've got left to do is Deja Vu. I don't think I'll fare well at it, I much prefer missions about killing targets or rescuing hostages and stuff rather than having to find things in the environment since I don't think I'm too great at it. Really fun game and playing it is just making me even more hyped for Phantom Pain.
Been playing legacy of the duelist myself, i have beaten all the story modes and reversed dueled the original story and 5DS(For some reason the 5DS achievement wont unlock for me?) currently running a lightsworn deck but have started building a shaddoll deck

More progress!

I've managed to cover the Mountain area, Beryl's hometown area, Kohaku's hometown area and the Mystique area. And after some more shocking turns into the story the world is going to be f**ked if our heroes don't find the pieces that can get them up to Gardenia/Black Moon.

In terms of the progression of the story, I assume to be around 80% with around 25 hours or so of progress. Unlike the other Tales titles I recall this being the shortest (averaging 30-35 hours for most players).

More Progress. The final dungeon is near!

So far I've covered the following:
[spoilerbutton]- South Oldmyne Port ~ The first clue is with the Empress. To the city!
- Estrega City ~ City is in danger!
- Estrega Sewers ~ So that's why those gates were locked heh
- Max Castle ~ The Princess turned into a monster! Use the power of Arararagi love!
- Goose Village ~ The village has an idea about the pieces required to stop Creed!
- Bamel Volcano ~ The second clue is at a volcano! Fight the dragon! Farewell crystal knights, your Spiria is in Araragi!
- Goose Village ~ HOT SPRINGS WOOT
- Cendrillon ~ To the ship!
- Wandridel ~ And we have landed on the White Moon.
- Jack Seed ~ C'mon gang, let's get to the top of the tower and reach Gardania! Incarose is DEAD!

And now I'm in Rapunzel via Gardenia[/spoilerbutton]

Tales of Hearts R is done. Total time it took to finish the story is 36 hours 14 minutes.

While I do have the option to continue and get some extra stuff I'll be putting the game back in my vault as I have other backlog games to progress with. But it's nice to have another Vita game sorted in my collection, and not to mention Tales of Hearts is my first completed Tales game (Symphonia was on-hold).

Other Vita games I have yet to finish or start:
- Danganronpa 2
- Gravity Rush
- Senran Kagura: Shinovi Versus (the other three Shinovi groups)

For RPG stuff I do plan to get Ys: Memories of Celcesta next. I would jump straight into the Neptunia Re;Births but I want to finish the PS3 versions first.

Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair - PlayStation Vita
And I am already hooked into the madness.

Now I've just finished the Prologue chapter and during that I was wondering what on earth was going on around here. And it turns out that Usami looks like an innocent bunny who wants everyone to spend a great time on the island until Monokuma pops up and's like '**** this **** NOW KILL EACH OTHER (*Danganronpa Abridged voice*)'. I like this concept because it helps avoid the repetitive nature of the first game, sure the main core aspect is the same but everything else is really different.

Now in the first game (Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc spoilers here):

[spoilerbutton]My favourite best girl characters survived - Kyoko Kirigiri (Detective girl) and Aoi Asahina (Donut girl), which makes me really happy.

tumblr_mw2nedc5LA1rj34bko1_500.gif

B13ZFwIIUAAXFRH.jpg:large
[/spoilerbutton]

So for the second game which character do I want to live.. well I've been debating on that, and I've also been thinking about best girl. So my options have been narrowed down to these lot:
- Peko Pekoyama (Swordsman girl)
- Sonia Nevermind (Princess girl)
- Mahiru Koizumi (Photographer girl)
- Mikan Tsumiki (Medic girl)

The other two are okay but the above I'm interested in. I'm more curious about Peko though, I get the feeling she's going to be an important character later on. Sonia, while very pretty, is probably going to get slaughtered...

Gemsy-chan said:
I'm playing No, Thank You!!! on my laptop. Its a yaoi visual novel i got from JList and was released by mangaGamer.

How's Jlist in terms of delivery and visual novels? Might get a couple VNs on that service after noticing it pop up every now and then.

Back