What Games Are You Playing?

Lydia glitched or blankly refused to come off the ledge so i had to use unrelenting force to get her to progress, abit of a pain though :/ Only other trouble with her is the constant need to stand in the way of wherever i want to go, doors and small alleyways for instance.

As for true Giants and Mammoths; these days i can dual cast fireballs to deliver devastating damage when i've usually already fired off a few ice spikes to slow em down. My main threats seem to be Sabre tooths right now, they are fast and seem to get around me without noticing. Bears are just as much hassle but atleast i hear them before anything happens.

Question, what do you focus on when you increase a level? SO far i've focused on my magicka and Health completely leaving stamina alone.

Going after dragon masks soon enough, or atleast when i get time to turn the ps3 on again lol.

Got my own PS3 the other day, played some Street Fighter X Tekken. I really have no idea how this all fully works, the gem system and the Pandora system (****** comback mechanic) just seem so HORRIBLE. Take them out and I'd be good. Liking Poison, Hugo, Xiaoyu and Julia. The no sound glitch when playing online is also really quite distracting.

MercenaryRaiden said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
I have a question to those with Corpse Party. I'm really interested in the game but do you know how much space it takes up on the memory stick, since I probably have to buy another one to play it.

This is going off of my memory, but I want to say that it's 556MB. I'm fairly certain anyway! If someone doesn't jump in with a more concrete answer soon then i'll fire up my Vita and find out via that.

Thanks for the answer Raiden :)

Guess I will be buying a new memory stick soon, on the bright side I will be able to get FF9 as well.

Rena Ryuugu said:
MercenaryRaiden said:
Rena Ryuugu said:
I have a question to those with Corpse Party. I'm really interested in the game but do you know how much space it takes up on the memory stick, since I probably have to buy another one to play it.

This is going off of my memory, but I want to say that it's 556MB. I'm fairly certain anyway! If someone doesn't jump in with a more concrete answer soon then i'll fire up my Vita and find out via that.

Thanks for the answer Raiden :)

Guess I will be buying a new memory stick soon, on the bright side I will be able to get FF9 as well.

No problem! And just to confirm here is a screenshot taken with my Vita :)

Edit: Oh and a quick Yakuza Dead Souls update. After a horrendous kind of "training" simulation (Boot Camp. It's the first time for a very long time where I've actually thought of putting a game down and walking away) the game is starting to get a lot better! The side missions have just started to open up and they are the usual mix of Yakuza hilarity and cheesyness.

Story could do with picking up, a bit worried that Akiyama's chapter is just going to end up as tutorial fodder and not give anything back to the story...

Last edited by a moderator:
Yakuza Dead Souls is getting a lot better. I'm putting this down to two reasons:

One - The quality of the substories is really good, humour wise. They play around with the fact that it is "Oh hey, Zombies." and intentionally mess about with horror tropes, in that usual Yakuza way. There is one substory that I would put on a par with "Be my baby" from Yakuza 2...Not quite that level of weirdness, but for sheer brilliance...

Two - The second playable character. The one I was waiting for to steal the show, and believe me they are doing it! Take a bow Goro Majima. You were always going to be fantastic and you truly are. Not to mention the shotgun actually makes enemies easier to take down, therefore it doesn't feel as much of a slog to get through. Why have you not been a playable character before? You've always been such a fantastic character throughout the series and it's still the same here.

And with the second playable character some semblance of a plot is forming! It's such a shame that Akiyama's chapter has been nothing more than a tutorial. I'm struggling to see how he will figure back into this in the long run!

Various games of late.

I got 100% Completion on Red Dead Redemption (not all the achievements though)

I've rented Alan Wake, fun so far, though the lip synching is poor, but I like the way he narrates things as though in a novel

I also played I am Alive demo. Really interesting game, I'm buying it now, so I'll have more thoughts later probably. It does seem like there's only really one way round a situation but that's not too bothersome really in the context of the game.

Tales of Graces; loving every second. It's like the writers went into my head and got what anime stuff I don't mind and what stuff I totaly hated and went to town.

I'm torn over whether to import Tales of Graces now or wait for the European release, whenever it may surface. I certainly don't need another game to play, never mind a 50-hour RPG, but I'm hearing too many good things about Graces.

Apparently the European release will have a day-one edition with "bonuses", though Namco-Bandai, in their infinite wisdom, have decided not to elaborate on what those "bonuses" are or provide a release date so everyone imports the game instead.

----

I'm onto chapter 4 of Corpse Party. I managed to get through chapters 2 and 3 without messing anything up, a trend I'm hoping will continue. That's not to say I didn't have any trouble: chapter 3 in particular had me stumped a few times because I hadn't done something or been somewhere in the correct order. Annoying.

And I'm almost done with The Last Story. It turned out to be a much better game than I was expecting despite the technical issues. I'll elaborate when I've finished/when I can be arsed.

fabricatedlunatic said:
I'm onto chapter 4 of Corpse Party. I managed to get through chapters 2 and 3 without messing anything up, a trend I'm hoping will continue. That's not to say I didn't have any trouble: chapter 3 in particular had me stumped a few times because I hadn't done something or been somewhere in the correct order. Annoying.

And I'm almost done with The Last Story. It turned out to be a much better game than I was expecting despite the technical issues. I'll elaborate when I've finished/when I can be arsed.

I, too, have just reached chapter 4 in Corpse Party. Got really stuck as to what the hell I was supposed to do at the end of chapter 4... Didn't see that overturned cabinet in the music room and must have wandered for about an hour thinking I was supposed to work something out from those random letters and numbers on the posters.

Started The Last Story and that damn framerate is maddening. Do like the humorous angle it has going, though.

Started Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier today and...i may have been a little harsh on my first impressions on twitter. Or maybe not. I've finished two levels and, i'm going to restart on hard since there is no difficulty to it at all. There is no collectables, no extra weapons, no upgrades to weapons or character boosts, no health orbs, no currency, none of it. Oh, sorry, the Scythe and Claws will be free DLC. They should be in it to begin with.

In terms of gameplay, the combat is fluid enough, but there is too many prompts in killing someone to hit X or Y to do a finisher. QTEs litter the game everywhere, and even if you remove the in-game tutorials, just because it doesn't show prompts, QTEs are still QTEs. It honestly feels like they have made this game bare bones, removing everything that brought replayability, entertainment, excitement and so on. Maybe i'll find something later on, maybe i won't. Heck, you're even forced to do things, it's too linear. Maybe i'm not being harsh, and just being truthful, this isn't a gaiden game. Or if it is, it shouldn't be Gaiden 3, it does no justice to Black or NInja Gaiden 2(360 version).

=/

Arbalest said:
Started Ninja Gaiden 3 earlier today and...i may have been a little harsh on my first impressions on twitter. Or maybe not. I've finished two levels and, i'm going to restart on hard since there is no difficulty to it at all. There is no collectables, no extra weapons, no upgrades to weapons or character boosts, no health orbs, no currency, none of it. Oh, sorry, the Scythe and Claws will be free DLC. They should be in it to begin with.

In terms of gameplay, the combat is fluid enough, but there is too many prompts in killing someone to hit X or Y to do a finisher. QTEs litter the game everywhere, and even if you remove the in-game tutorials, just because it doesn't show prompts, QTEs are still QTEs. It honestly feels like they have made this game bare bones, removing everything that brought replayability, entertainment, excitement and so on. Maybe i'll find something later on, maybe i won't. Heck, you're even forced to do things, it's too linear. Maybe i'm not being harsh, and just being truthful, this isn't a gaiden game. Or if it is, it shouldn't be Gaiden 3, it does no justice to Black or NInja Gaiden 2(360 version).

=/
Well done, Team Ninja, you've made me want to avoid a Ninja Gaiden game.

Ihave magIcAl ca/\/non vvar-Es an me comphoneter!

Ihave magIcAl ca/\/non vvar-Es an me comphoneter!

Ites a livele sensery stimulation,liven y op a bite mebe!

Emmoglas sum

I decided to just chill out today, so I purchased and played Journey.

Cor. I'm...Not going to say anything as it'll spoil it. It needs to be experienced but...Wow. At times absolutely stunning. I had a companion with me from extremely early on. It seemed like he hadn't beat the game before either. And we just...Went through this journey together. It's one absolutely beautiful game at points.

Also started up Everybody's Golf for the Vita. This...This is potentially brutal. Not only do you have WILD BEARS roaming on some fairways, but I'm doing a 16 yard putt and someone in the crowd yells "You're boring!"

I...I don't...But...Mean golf people! :(

Back