What Games Are You Playing?

Still playing Call of War online as I'm still addicted. (Can't wait for COD4: MW 2) XD
Besides that, I play L4D and last night I just started on Batman. I love the hand to hand combat. Pow! Smack! =P

Hopefully will have ODST sitting at the flat when i get back, so will be starting that when i get back, but asides from that, i'm working on Batman on hard, just need 4 more achievements for 1000/1000.

Also i was able to grab hold of the very hard to come by now Beyond Good and Evil and have started on that. Its quite nice i think, a bit different to how i first thought it would play, but the story seems quite good, and its not to hard to pick up and play.

Played some ODST last night with a guy I know, Firefight is pretty awesome, campaign is alright too but nothing to fuss over. The music is way better than in usual Halo, I think I might even download it. I'm like half way through campaign already, only spent like two hours on it.

Completed ODST a while back and working on it through legendary now. I have to say, in terms of how good it is campaign wise, its better that Halo 3 easily, 1 and 2 i dunno though. Firefight is good fun, though i've only just got my interwebs back so i haven't took it online yet.

Asides from that, i'm also working on Worms 2: Armageddon, Beyond Good and Evil and a couple others on the DS(SRW K and Revenant wings spring to mind)

I've just discovered that Operation Flashpoint, a.k.a the only real infantry simulator, will soon have a sequel released.

Of course, my computer is a few years too old for me to consider buying the title, but it's nice to know that genuine simulator titles can still be appealing in the age of run-and-gun shooting games.

Zin5ki said:
I've just discovered that Operation Flashpoint, a.k.a the only real infantry simulator, will soon have a sequel released.

Of course, my computer is a few years too old for me to consider buying the title, but it's nice to know that genuine simulator titles can still be appealing in the age of run-and-gun shooting games.

i think you'll find ARMA 2 is far superiour to OFP

also OFP2 has been consolised so don't expect it to be as good

Operation Flashpoint was great. However, the soldiers under your command were possibly a little too obedient for it to be a realistic simulation. They would happily target and open fire on each other, even using RPGs and grenades. You could even set it up so that your squad would happily massacre each other in a matter of seconds, as they fired back when fired upon.

Then again, this is American soldiers we're talking about...

Ryo Chan said:
i think you'll find ARMA 2 is far superiour to OFP

In fact ARMA 2 is the second generation successor to Operation flashpoint, being coded by BI studios. the only reason it isnt Operations flashpoint 3 is that codemasters own the name...

Ryo Chan said:
Current reviews praise the game's realism and punishing difficulty, but these come from console-friendly outposts. Once PC-only reviewers proficient with ArmA give a thorough investigation, I might change my optimistic stance.

Got the new L4D DLC, this will keep me going for another week or so and I've decided to man up and aim for 1200/1200 on Resident Evil 5, but once I do fully complete Versus mode it's never getting played again like... ever.

i don't care about that sort of stuff i'd like a game that's fun and challenging, but not so damn hard i throw it away with frustration (the reason why i am never going to pick up a Tom Clancy game AGAIN)

the only "Realistic" video games i like are the Call of Duty series, Battlefield: Bad Company and (arguably) Gears of War

I've recieved an e-mail to say that episode three of Tales of Monkey Island is available to download.

It's almost midnight.

I have to work tomorrow.

Do I wait, or pull an all-nighter with the help of my good friend caffeine?

Caffiene...like myself...though not with tales..i should get them asap though..

At present, trying to find 3 people willing enough to help me get the vidmaster challenges done for both Halo 3 and Halo ODST, but not going well. If people want to help me out at some point, let me know, i'm more than willing to give someone a hand if they want.

Well, I played 'til three and didn't quite finish, but when I saved the location was "finale" so I guess I'm almost done. This has been my favourite episode of Tales by far even though again, the puzzles were a little straightforward. It just felt more like a Monkey Island game than the first two. A lethal version of 'The Newlywed Game', playing Cyrano for a manatee using a beginners phrasebook, having face-pulling contests and tricking people into drinking bile. That's more like it.

Oh, and THE RETURN OF MURRAY was a nice surprise as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back