What Games Are You Playing?

BioShock - Six hours in, it's nothing but a big fetch quest, but I will finish it, after all I did pay for it. Not much to say, really, some decent ideas, nice setting, but I think I could have appreciated this game far more if it wasn't just "Go here, go there. Go back track and get something else."

Star Ocean: The Last Hope - I was dreading this, I wanted to play it, sounded like Japan's take on Star Trek, when I first heard the dub voices they were a little eh, but they've grown on me, a lot. The game is pretty bad in some ways, story is pretty much a search and rescue mission, but I can't help but like some of the cast. Even Faize, despite kissing Edge Maverick's (Most generic JRPG name, ever.) ass ALL the time. Reimi is a nice character, but she's pretty dumb and Lymle, even though it was sad what happened on her planet every time she says something like "My doggy is a nice one, kay?" Ugh. Battle system is a plus and the battle theme also catches you off guard despite being DragonForce minus the vocals.

Final Fantasy XII for the third time. What, I love this game. And it was my first Final Fantasy (is that some kind of oxymoron?).

Also playing Kingdom Hearts for... the fourth time?

And Final Fantasy X, though I'm kinda stuck right now so I haven't played it in a while.

I'll probably play .hack//INFECTION next, then Final Fantasy X-2, then Bujingai Swordmaster. Past that... haven't really decided, though I'd like to have a go at this Star Ocean game I saw the other day... can't remember which one it was.

Got Mass Effect through the post the day(had already borrowed and completed it from a friend previously) and trying out the new Pinnacle Station DLC as well. Its not to bad, and i like the wee challenges it brings, the last part of it ain't so easy though. You need to grab a data disk or something and hold out for 5 minutes for evac against a horde of enemies which is never-ending. I can last the better part of 4 minutes before i crash and burn. Wrex is handy for being a meat shield at least. Gonna give it another go later on methinks.

Also plan on picking up Batman the morrow whilst in town since i hear so much about it, and it is batman after all. So will start that then.

I've played Bujingai Swordmaster. Awesome game, but there is one series of wall jumps I simply cannot do on that level that seems to be floating in the sky.

Finished Batman: Arkham Asylum. The second ever game I've completed on a current gen console. The first being Burst Limit. The game was amazing throughout. Scarecrow, all three times, was so cool. The second and third times were very creepy, very cinematic and it worked so well as a game. Loved how they inserted some childhood trauma into it all. Only done 71% however, so if I can be bothered, I can totally find all the riddles.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mutsumi said:
I've played Bujingai Swordmaster. Awesome game, but there is one series of wall jumps I simply cannot do on that level that seems to be floating in the sky.
Awesome? Well, it's good to know someone thinks so. I've heard it gets pretty boring 'cause it's very repetitive... and it's classed as a 'hack and slash'. Lol, when I picked it up in the shop it took me several minutes to realise that Lau Wong was male. I guess he is based on Gackt so a bit of femininity is expected, but still... :roll:

Been replaying the Arkham Asylum demo a few times this week. Currently have a backlog of games, and a large water bill to pay before I get my student loan so I can't afford the real thing at the moment :lol: Something so satisfying about swooping from the dark, taking out someone and then vanishing :D

Truered said:
Been replaying the Arkham Asylum demo a few times this week. Currently have a backlog of games, and a large water bill to pay before I get my student loan so I can't afford the real thing at the moment :lol: Something so satisfying about swooping from the dark, taking out someone and then vanishing :D

Oh yes. ^_^ Get the full game & it gets even better; you can plan explosives for enemies to trigger or to be blown manually, tie enemies up by their feet & leave them hanging, pull enemies off the edge of things to get KOed from falling...... It is a good game.

devilrules666 said:
yeah the only bad thing about it is the drawing magic ********!
I just set my cursour to memory, my battle speed to full and mashed square while reading manga to get 100 of everything then went on playing. It's a shame because I liked the junction system, even if it was complicated.

Been busy with Arkham Asylum as of late and damn is it a good game. I adore the voice acting in this as well as how the story pans out. Everything about it just feels like its done right. The Riddlers clues are very nice as well. I'm only about 40% complete apparently, but i have been playing it a hell of a lot >.>

Back